Charging Advice While on Vacation

Bubbie

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
(1) Need to leave my GT outside in NJ while on vacation for nine days. What's the best advice for charging or not charging while away? Afraid of issues if power goes out...should have Lucid Home Charger installed by then if we can ever get the cover off.
(2) Alexa confirms my navigation request but then remains mute rendering it useless. Any way to have her provide verbal directions?

..should have Lucid Home Charger installed by then if we can ever get the cover off...
It's very difficult. Remove the single bottom screw (T20 security), slide the cover upwards about 10mm (this may require a great deal of force), then pry the left and right edges away from the base unit with sore fingers, or a plastic auto upholstery pry tool. It may help to pull upwards on the left and right edges of the curved cover as though you were trying pull it flat. This step also requires a great deal of force the first few times you remove the cover. With luck, you'll only remove it once.

(1) Need to leave my GT outside in NJ while on vacation for nine days. What's the best advice for charging or not charging while away? Afraid of issues if power goes out...should have Lucid Home Charger installed by then if we can ever get the cover off.
(2) Alexa confirms my navigation request but then remains mute rendering it useless. Any way to have her provide verbal directions?

I cannot answer your Alexa question.

As far as charging I would charge to 80 % and then leave unplugged.

You will lose a few to several miles a day depending on temperature , but should be fine.

If you are expecting it to be cold (below 50) out you should leave it plugged in. In warmer areas it is fine to leave unplugged for several weeks. The owners manual does recommend leaving it plugged in.

I just leave mine plugged in and limit to 80%, but I’ve done both plugged and unplugged and either is fine.

Back