10 Days 736 miles and 1 road trip

hydbob

Expert Member
Join
Nov 14, 2021
Vehicle(s)
Dream P
DE Number
It may not necessarily be completely on EA. I know that utilities will step down power delivered to these charging stations without notifying them about it since it's all in the contract agreed upon. Even Tesla's network suffers from reduced power out of their control.

HC_79

Join
Jan 4, 2022
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi e-Tron
It may not necessarily be completely on EA. I know that utilities will step down power delivered to these charging stations without notifying them about it since it's all in the contract agreed upon. Even Tesla's network suffers from reduced power out of their control.
Most times I’ve experienced this though, I move to another charger(s) and can get a faster charge so not sure it’s the power company in this situation.

MoniputerLM

Join
Jan 3, 2022
Vehicle(s)
Dream Edition Performance
DE Number
I would have put a lot of resources on car play / android auto. It gives people a nice feel of familiarity right from the start. Let google and apple spend the money on maps. Lucid should focus on the car. The park distance needs to be gotten right. I consider it to be a standard feature, and it gets used nearly every time you get in the car. Maybe I’ll set up some boxes and do a compare video.
When I get into my 2021 Corvette with my Android phone in my pocket, Android Auto takes over and everything just works.

MoniputerLM

Join
Jan 3, 2022
Vehicle(s)
Dream Edition Performance
DE Number
I could seen the concern with it. He have had a few cars offer an option on this warning for “tight” or “standard”. With the garage we have at home, it has to be set to an aggressive number, as there is not really a ton of spare space in it.
There is just way too much "drama" trying to park in the average garage that has things on the floor or tool cabinets, etc.!

I have a 2018 Navigator that has a great warning system with far less "flashing and noise".

Lucid could have done a better job out of the gate.

Bill55

Join
Dec 17, 2021
Vehicle(s)
Lucid Air P White
DE Number
There is just way too much "drama" trying to park in the average garage that has things on the floor or tool cabinets, etc.!

I have a 2018 Navigator that has a great warning system with far less "flashing and noise".

Lucid could have done a better job out of the gate.
I agree whole heartedly. The lucid cameras are nauseating to try and use, the graphics cover what you are trying to see, and the constant "red" alert sounds even when you are 12 to 18" away is awful. Most vehicles I don't think about the park distance and cameras, they work and are unremarkable because they just work. Of course I am usually out of a parking lot before the Lucid system even boots. Access, (door unlock / lock), park distance, homelink, and no way to turn the car off. Impact my enjoyment of the car everyday. I would rate all three of those systems as not just not as good as Honda, GMC, BMW, Lexus..... success would be to be comparable. I don't think BMW or Lexus are any better than Honda or GMC, but in the Lucid they are truly bad. Which is made even worse by the fact that the Lucid is awesome to drive. This car is truly Heaven and Hell.