10 Days 736 miles and 1 road trip

Sorry to hear about your issue. I have had no issue but you have to use the remote and have to aim it within inches of the front of the car. If your opener has rolling codes you have to do it twice. It won't work pushing button inside the car.

Thanks for your comment. How do I determine if my garage opener has rolling codes? I kept the GENIE manual that the builders left with the house, but I really can’t make out whether our garage uses rolling codes.

I bet $5 that’s your issue :)
My garage door opener is 20 years old and pushing the learn button was required. I had 30 seconds to pair once the button is pushed. It worked great!

Thanks for your comment. How do I determine if my garage opener has rolling codes? I kept the GENIE manual that the builders left with the house, but I really can’t make out whether our garage uses rolling codes.
We have the same garage opener for one of my garages. That garage, I have yet successfully programmed and also like to know if it is possible.

I don’t think so. Our house is only two years old. One of these California cookie cutter tract homes. Once my car comes back from the auto detailers I’ll clamber up on ladder and see about the “learn” button that’s on the garage door opener. I know it’s there.

Thanks for the tip!
Yeah that’s how I got mine to work, the button on the opener itself, not the clicker. Works 100% of the time. I just use Siri with HomeKit though, it’s complicated to set up but worth it.

Ok, maybe I'm the ignorant one here. On the openers I've had over the years pressing the "learn" button allows you to connect a remote that can "send" a open code. The car by default has no code.

The car walks you through the remote set up on pilot screen. It says aim remote at the front of the car.

Are you saying use the "learn" button as an additional step?

Ok, maybe I'm the ignorant one here. On the openers I've had over the years pressing the "learn" button allows you to connect a remote that can "send" a open code. The car by default has no code.

The car walks you through the remote set up on pilot screen. It says aim remote at the front of the car.

Yes. Good question. I’m wondering about this too.

During the two days I attempted to pair my GT to our garage door, I didn’t have a GENIE remote in hand, I just followed the instructions on the “pilot screen” in the Lucid.

I’d stick my key fob under the letter “L”in LUCID, just like the instructions said, and press and hold. Nothing happened - except the frunk repeatedly opening and closing.

During the two days I attempted to pair my GT to our garage door, I didn’t have a GENIE remote in hand, I just followed the instructions on the “pilot screen” in the Lucid.

I’d stick my key fob under the letter “L”in LUCID, just like the instructions said, and press and hold. Nothing happened - except the frunk repeatedly opening and closing.

Yes, you place the garage door opener remote under the L in the front of the car. You have to hold the button on garage door opener until the horn beeps if I remember that right

What method were you using? The “learn” button on my garage door opener (the actual device, not a remote) worked without issue, but the remote did not. My garage door opener is older; perhaps that’s your issue too?
My garage door opener is over 20 years old and I had no issues programming the Lucid and keeping the original remote enabled as well. The remote has come in handy since I have been driving a Tesla Model 3 rental from Hertz while they fix my car.

Key fob? The fob has nothing to do with the garage door/homelink. It’s talking about your garage door clicker. That’s still not the best way though, the best way is to climb up on a ladder to your physical opener and open the side panel and it should have a link button, press that while the Lucid is in pair mode in homelink then go back to the car and link it. This works far better than the clicker link for some reason.

Key fob? The fob has nothing to do with the garage door/homelink. It’s talking about your garage door clicker. That’s still not the best way though, the best way is to climb up on a ladder to your physical opener and open the side panel and it should have a link button, press that while the Lucid is in pair mode in homelink then go back to the car and link it. This works far better than the clicker link for some reason.

Oh. Really?! I had been reading the instructions incorrectly the whole time? Damn…no wonder I’m not a lawyer. I miss details like that routinely. This whole time I had been sticking the LUCID key fob under the letter “L”, which is the procedure when you pair up a Tesla to Homelink. So I thought that’s what I read. Well, I’ll have to wait until my car comes back from PPF.

In the meantime, I’ll try to get my GENIE remote to pair up with my GENIE garage door opener. Ever since we moved into this house, brand new two years ago, I’ve never gotten the two of those items to pair up. I never needed the GENIE garage door opener with our Teslas anyway, so I gave up.

Oh. Really?! I had been reading the instructions incorrectly the whole time? Damn…no wonder I’m not a lawyer. I miss details like that routinely. This whole time I had been sticking the LUCID key fob under the letter “L”, which is the procedure when you pair up a Tesla to Homelink. So I thought that’s what I read. Well, I’ll have to wait until my car comes back from PPF.

In the meantime, I’ll try to get my GENIE remote to pair up with my GENIE garage door opener. Ever since we moved into this house, brand new two years ago, I’ve never gotten the two of those items to pair up. I never needed the GENIE garage door opener with our Teslas anyway, so I gave up.
You followed instruction correctly on Lucid. It’s just GENIE is special. I’m going to try link @borski sent when I get my AGT back.

The garage remote is paired to the lucid via the control panel. Set up the home link in the control panel and follow the prompts. This includes pressing the garage remote button and holding the garage remote close to the L of lucid on the front of the car. That gives lucid the range of codes. You'll hear a honk to confirm this is done. For some, this is the only step you need to perform and your lucid will be able to operate your garage door.

For several other brands, you have to do the additional step of climbing a ladder, hitting the learn button on the actual garage door opener unit in the garage, and usually within 30 seconds, go back into the lucid, and hit the newly programmed garage door icon on the control panel screen, so that the rolling cold sequence will be matched. I think this time you hit the same icon on the control panel screen of the car up to 3 times in slow succession until the garage door responds. The prompts on the screen are pretty straight forward.

Hope that helps

The garage remote is paired to the lucid via the control panel. Set up the home link in the control panel and follow the prompts. This includes pressing the garage remote button and holding the garage remote close to the L of lucid on the front of the car. That gives lucid the range of codes. You'll hear a honk to confirm this is done. For some, this is the only step you need to perform and your lucid will be able to operate your garage door.

For several other brands, you have to do the additional step of climbing a ladder, hitting the learn button on the actual garage door opener unit in the garage, and usually within 30 seconds, go back into the lucid, and hit the newly programmed garage door icon on the control panel screen, so that the rolling cold sequence will be matched. I think this time you hit the same icon on the control panel screen of the car up to 3 times in slow succession until the garage door responds. The prompts on the screen are pretty straight forward.

Hope that helps

Your very helpful post is causing me some apprehension. From what I'm reading, I have to get one of our original GENIE remotes to work (to pair up with the GENIE garage door opener), before I can pair up my Lucid to Homelink.

Ever since taking possession of our house, I have NEVER been able to pair any of the two GENIE remotes to the GENIE garage door opener. Even stepping up on a ladder to use the "learn" button has yielded nothing. I gave up on pairing any of the GENIE remotes because our Teslas didn't need them to link up with Homelink anyway.

I'm going to pull out the GENIE instruction manual and renew my efforts at pairing even one of the GENIE remotes to the GENIE garage door opener.

Your very helpful post is causing me some apprehension. From what I'm reading, I have to get one of our original GENIE remotes to work (to pair up with the GENIE garage door opener), before I can pair up my Lucid to Homelink.

Ever since taking possession of our house, I have NEVER been able to pair any of the two GENIE remotes to the GENIE garage door opener. Even stepping up on a ladder to use the "learn" button has yielded nothing. I gave up on pairing any of the GENIE remotes because our Teslas didn't need them to link up with Homelink anyway.

I'm going to pull out the GENIE instruction manual and renew my efforts at pairing even one of the GENIE remotes to the GENIE garage door opener.
You don’t need the remote; you should be able to just use the Learn button.

Sorry to hear about your issue. I have had no issue but you have to use the remote and have to aim it within inches of the front of the car. If your opener has rolling codes you have to do it twice. It won't work pushing button inside the car.
Can you expand on do it twice? Can’t get my new genie (2128) to connect. Put the opener within two inches of the L, hit continue, push the learn until it blinks and then do the three check mark test..nothing. Am I missing something? Thank you

Sorry that your are having problems with you Homelink. I was surprised that mine paired so easily with both my old garage door and our community's entrance gate. Plus, I discovered that it is geo-fenced in a matter of speaking. When I approach either the gate or the garage door, the respective word (gate or garage) pops up automatically on the screen and if I push it, the gate or garage door opens. Now, when I back out of the garage, I do have to go through the sequence of opening up the app, find the garage and then push it to close the garage door. It is a little bit of a PIA but certainly tolerable. Good luck with your PPF. Have the detailer measure you paint thickness and report

when he finds. I will be doing that when I go in mid next week
Can you please expand on you have to do it twice? I put the remote next to the L get the honk, go to the learn button push until it blinks, no back to the car and do the three check mark test..nothing. Appreciate any help on what I am missing? Thank you

Can you please expand on you have to do it twice? I put the remote next to the L get the honk, go to the learn button push until it blinks, no back to the car and do the three check mark test..nothing. Appreciate any help on what I am missing? Thank you
May be forever broken on car. Lucid was at my garage and tried to get it working but couldnt fix it. I gave up and bought this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HK7A2A?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details Works perfectly. Only took a minute per door to set up. My garage doors work with my other cars without problem.

Back