Charger FAQ/Explanation

Does this cost include the wall charger?
No, that's installation only. I purchased the ChargePoint Home Flex on Amazon for $799 and received a $250 rebate from my power company. My understanding is federal tax credit is 30% of total cost of charging station and installation, up to $1,000, so should nearly hit that max. credit amount ($2,297 install +$799 charging station = $3,096*30%=$929 tax credit) Calculating my total outlay, after tax credits and local utility rebate, as $1,917.

Thanks. I have an electrician giving me a quote today and I may need similar work done. Very helpful.

I ordered my Lucid charger earlier this week and the site said it would ship around 11/30. Got the email yesterday that it shipped and should arrive today. I guess they have them in stock. :)

I received my Lucid wall charger… having electrician install it today on 100A main circuit… WARNING: the unit does not come with the lugs you need to install it… guy is out now trying to buy large enough ones to do the job… make sure you have these prior to the install…

At the moment the Lucid Charger doesn't allow for scheduled charging right? I may just get a Juicebox or ChargePoint Home Flex because my power rarely ever goes out, and 48A is plenty

I ordered my Lucid charger earlier this week and the site said it would ship around 11/30. Got the email yesterday that it shipped and should arrive today. I guess they have them in stock. :)
Depending on the number of chargers on back orders you may get it earlier. I placed my order on 25 Oct 22. Received FedEx delivery confirmation yesterday of delivery date this coming Monday; 14 Nov 22. If anyone knows the correct compression lugs or suitable replacements based on an actual hard wire installation of the Lucid Home Charging Station I would certainly appreciate it if you posted the info. Thank you.

I received my Lucid wall charger… having electrician install it today on 100A main circuit… WARNING: the unit does not come with the lugs you need to install it… guy is out now trying to buy large enough ones to do the job… make sure you have these prior to the install…
You can use compression lugs if you have the tools, or just use chair lugs and make sure to heatshrink it.

You can use compression lugs if you have the tools, or just use chair lugs and make sure to heatshrink it.
Got It. Thanks if and when you get it all sorted out I need the information on compression, or chair lugs you used, and where to purchase either type. Thanks again.

I used these chair lugs for my installation (60A breaker and 4AWG wire / 8AWG ground):
You'd want larger lugs for a 100A installation. I initially looked at compression lugs, but lugs of this size require an expensive hydraulic tool with interchangeable dies to crimp correctly.

These are the largest sized chair lugs that will fit if using the top cable entry location. So if using wire larger than 4 gauge, plan on either using compression lugs or using the back or bottom cable entry. Also, you'll need a torque screwdriver capable of 50 in-lb.

Per Lucid customer service, Lucid's charging station does not require AA batteries to be installed in its internal battery holder. Leave it empty.

For some reason my charging station won't communicate over wifi (does not respond to its IP address), but works fine with an Ethernet cable attached. Charges the car without issue either way.

What size wire gauge and compression lugs did you use?

Per Lucid customer service, Lucid's charging station does not require AA batteries to be installed in its internal battery holder. Leave it empty.

For some reason my charging station won't communicate over wifi (does not respond to its IP address), but works fine with an Ethernet cable attached. Charges the car without issue either way.
Is Lucid sending someone to fix the Wi-Fi? Are you able to charge without Wi-Fi and Ethernet?

Is Lucid sending someone to fix the Wi-Fi? Are you able to charge without Wi-Fi and Ethernet?
It charges fine without an internet connection. I'm going to ignore the problem and wait for a software update I assume will be coming. I'll hook it up by Ethernet to get the update.

What size wire gauge and compression lugs did you use?
Sorry, but my electrician did this… perhaps 10… and the lugs were so big/thick he needed to go buy a hydraulic compression tool to put them on… of course they were also shrink wrapped.

My electrician told me that my electrical service does not have the capacity to add a 100amp charger. Upgrading to accommodate 100amps would be costly, require permits and likely could not be completed for several months (I should have my car before then). Not sure if 60amps is possible or not (waiting on email reply). I'm therefore looking at 50 or 60amps and using either the Juicebox 40 or 48.

Charging demystified​

We take the guesswork out of charging. With the Lucid app, you can soon schedule your charge, setting when it should start or stop — at environmentally conscious hours, for instance — and monitor the progress.

How long did it take to get the Chargepoint Flex? On their website it is currently back ordered. I am thinking of ordering a ChargePoint Home Flex-NEMA 6-50 and hardwire it. Our local utility is giving $500 instant rebate for it. I think my current panel is full and I may have to pull a sub panel for this.

How long did it take to get the Chargepoint Flex? On their website it is currently back ordered. I am thinking of ordering a ChargePoint Home Flex-NEMA 6-50 and hardwire it. Our local utility is giving $500 instant rebate for it. I think my current panel is full and I may have to pull a sub panel for this.
I ordered it November 8 on Amazon and received in two days. I see now Amazon is quoting as in stock, but doesn't ship for 2-3 days, putting delivery on or after November 25th. Also when I ordered, the price was $749, while now it's $919. It does appear City Electric Supply has in stock for $749 with delivery as soon as next day.

My local utility had a $250 rebate, which I received pretty much immediately, even before the charger arrived. I have an electrician arriving tomorrow to upgrade my current 60 amp garage sub panel to 100 amps. This will provide support for the few small items currently running on 15 amp breakers in that panel, plus a new 60 amp breaker dedicated to the EVSE.

Many times an electrician can replace standard-width circuit breakers with narrow ones, freeing up slots than can then be used for a 240V breaker for your new EVSE.

Back