CarPlay is here! - Megathread

So why are people begging for A Auto and CarPlay if they expect Lucid to create a great user experience? Those are third party apps.
It’s a matter of choice. I enjoy the functionality of CarPlay and Siri. Others don’t. Both groups need to be served.

4,000 posts in 6 months..."HMMMMM..."
Yeah - you see where he's got DE #33? Since you're new, you may not realize what that represents. I, as well as many others on this forum, are highly appreciative that he has stuck with being an active member when many of the DE owners left after getting their cars. @MoniputerLM, @hmp10 are also DE owners who have stuck around. But @hydbob keeps answering questions and providing info on his discoveries and experiences. I usually stop participating in a forum after maybe a year. There's only so many times I can stand answering the same question that's been asked by so many newbies before them. You've all seen the reply that says "do a freaking search - there's dozens of examples of the same question" in other forums. @hydbob is still answering questions and talking about products he got for the car. Yes, some of his posts are of the HMMMM variety but most of his posts are discussing the car.

Maybe you should have done a search on his post history before questioning the number of posts. Tremendous number of questions answered and thoughts on what a problem might be.

Keep up the posting @hydbob and thanks for taking on being a moderator. It allowed that slacker @mnewber1 to take a vacation 😉😆

Our smart phones have become so integrated into our lives that there are things they will always do better (for us as individuals) than any other system. My phone has my calendar and knows when and where I need to be places. I can spend time re-keying that info into the car, or just have the phone help get me there. The entertainment options on my phone I use in several settings--and I want to use those in the car too. ...
The Air could have done that, for about half of their potential user base, with plain AAOS if Lucid had licensed the GAS suite as well. My Android phone experience integrates extremely well with AAOS/GAS in our Volvo EV. The phone and the car access exactly the same cloud database: my calendar, destinations, contacts, voice search history, music history, etc.

I’m actually not sure what the delay is in integrating CarPlay and the Google version. It seems simple to me. People who don’t want it will simply not set it up. Based on this board, it seems to be one of the most requested items. For me, it’s important. I hope they do integrate it sometime between now and when I get my car in a few months!

I’m actually not sure what the delay is in integrating CarPlay and the Google version. It seems simple to me. People who don’t want it will simply not set it up. Based on this board, it seems to be one of the most requested items. For me, it’s important. I hope they do integrate it sometime between now and when I get my car in a few months!
It's supposed to be out sometime in the next three months, but don't ever take any software engineer's estimates seriously.

It's supposed to be out sometime in the next three months, but don't ever take any software engineer's estimates seriously.
I thought that estimate was given over a month ago. So it’s like 2 months? I heard August 2022 before, but maybe that was for Dream Drive Pro. Let’s not make it like Elon’s Full Tesla FSD estimate….

I thought that estimate was given over a month ago. So it’s like 2 months? I heard August 2022 before, but maybe that was for Dream Drive Pro. Let’s not make it like Elon’s Full Tesla FSD estimate….
August/Sept for CarPlay supposedly

I have been writing code since 1967. I have never missed a deadline, gone over budget and all users were extremely happy!

I also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny... ;):cool:

Yeah - you see where he's got DE #33? Since you're new, you may not realize what that represents. I, as well as many others on this forum, are highly appreciative that he has stuck with being an active member when many of the DE owners left after getting their cars. @MoniputerLM, @hmp10 are also DE owners who have stuck around. But @hydbob keeps answering questions and providing info on his discoveries and experiences. I usually stop participating in a forum after maybe a year. There's only so many times I can stand answering the same question that's been asked by so many newbies before them. You've all seen the reply that says "do a freaking search - there's dozens of examples of the same question" in other forums. @hydbob is still answering questions and talking about products he got for the car. Yes, some of his posts are of the HMMMM variety but most of his posts are discussing the car.

Maybe you should have done a search on his post history before questioning the number of posts. Tremendous number of questions answered and thoughts on what a problem might be.

Keep up the posting @hydbob and thanks for taking on being a moderator. It allowed that slacker @mnewber1 to take a vacation 😉😆
💯

o/ i'm around, just trying to not get divorced on my honeymoon by spending all my time on the forums :)

Hydbob is by far one of the best sources of useful information in this forum by far!!! Also he often is privy to early info!! JULY!!

I don't know anyone that stupid! :eek:
Seriously, I learned a long time ago that specifications are usually wrong and users lie. Projects were closer to schedule and cost when I watched what users were really trying to do rather than just trusting specs. In Lucid's case, that may have been to put lead designers in a mockup car, a mule, and have them drive around to see if the specs made sense. But, I and others can only speculate as to what went wrong.

Back