CarPlay is here! - Megathread

My delivery person at the service center said that CarPlay should be in the next major update (But of course no guarantees) Major updates are released about once per quarter. Minor updates for bug quashing are released in between. So likely another couple of months, since the last major update, version 1.2.6, was released about a month ago.

Apple CarPlay support is my NUMBER ONE feature request for my Lucid Air. Number 2 would be a hardware SiriusXM satellite radio which will probably never happen. It is so frustrating not having CarPlay AND not having a SiriusXM radio. Hopefully, Lucid is listening...

Apple CarPlay support is my NUMBER ONE feature request for my Lucid Air. Number 2 would be a hardware SiriusXM satellite radio which will probably never happen. It is so frustrating not having CarPlay AND not having a SiriusXM radio. Hopefully, Lucid is listening...
Right there with ya!!

I haven’t missed SiriusXM as much as I thought I would with the plethora of stations available on the TuneIn app.

Apple CarPlay I can take or leave tbh but understand why others want it

I haven’t missed SiriusXM as much as I thought I would with the plethora of stations available on the TuneIn app.

Apple CarPlay I can take or leave tbh but understand why others want it
I do miss SiriusXM. I have a couple of favorite channels that I listen to all the time while driving. I stream from my phone but it's problematic sometimes. Also, I need Android Auto, not CarPlay, so I hope it's coming soon also.

My delivery person at the service center said that CarPlay should be in the next major update (But of course no guarantees) Major updates are released about once per quarter. Minor updates for bug quashing are released in between. So likely another couple of months, since the last major update, version 1.2.6, was released about a month ago.
Not to be the antagonist, 😇 but I would pin your delivery person down with more exact wording. Either get a date or a version number. Anything short of that is “sales” by them. IMHO. I have it on good authority that 1.2.7 will be out within the week and will not have Apple CarPlay 😢

Not to be the antagonist, 😇 but I would pin your delivery person down with more exact wording. Either get a date or a version number. Anything short of that is “sales” by them. IMHO. I have it on good authority that 1.2.7 will be out within the week and will not have Apple CarPlay 😢
They don’t have that info.

Is that a major update or a bug fix?

Enabling the USB ports to allow downloaded music to play from a phone or usb stick would help quite a bit.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but everything I've heard internally (from some pretty high up folks) CarPlay is not close to shipping soon. I hope I'm wrong but don't hold your breath.
I suspect you are correct. The Air dashboard screens are beautiful but I just don’t see a functional version of CarPlay on the top right screen with it’s odd but attractive shape. Honestly I think Lucid should just get CarPlay out there for use quickly as a box on the pilot panel lower screen now and they can make it look nicer and move or expand it later. The lack of functionality is annoying. I listen to SiriusXM and use AppleMaps integration with my calendar so I basically have to use my iPhone for everything and rely on a lame Bluetooth uplink to the car.

I love my Lucid Air GT. I bought it knowing that I would not have CarPlay on day one. But Lucid does SAY that they support CarPlay and Android Auto. They should give us realistic updates on when they will deliver this basic feature that virtually every other car has as standard at this point. I understand that DreamDrive is also a promised feature but that’s different no car has self driving yet so Lucid can take the time with that. But CarPlay and Android Auto are on every Chevy, Honda, Kia, etc. Lucid should provide this interaction a with some urgency.

I suspect you are correct. The Air dashboard screens are beautiful but I just don’t see a functional version of CarPlay on the top right screen with it’s odd but attractive shape. Honestly I think Lucid should just get CarPlay out there for use quickly as a box on the pilot panel lower screen now and they can make it look nicer and move or expand it later. The lack of functionality is annoying. I listen to SiriusXM and use AppleMaps integration with my calendar so I basically have to use my iPhone for everything and rely on a lame Bluetooth uplink to the car.

I love my Lucid Air GT. I bought it knowing that I would not have CarPlay on day one. But Lucid does SAY that they support CarPlay and Android Auto. They should give us realistic updates on when they will deliver this basic feature that virtually every other car has as standard at this point. I understand that DreamDrive is also a promised feature but that’s different no car has self driving yet so Lucid can take the time with that. But CarPlay and Android Auto are on every Chevy, Honda, Kia, etc. Lucid should provide this interaction a with some urgency.
Rettinger's statement was 4 months ago and Lucid could be only a couple months away from Carplay

Rettinger's statement was 4 months ago and Lucid could be only a couple months away from Carplay
I agree, I think it will be this side of Christmas. Peter said a couple of months ago that it was a priority. It may not be the best implementation but I suspect it’s coming sooner rather than later.

I like the layout of the Lucid screens but don’t see how a somewhat elegant version of CarPlay will work with them. Every implementation I’ve seen on larger screens is just a magnified version and the top screen is a little small.

This thread is over 90 days old and still no Car Play comin soon alright

This thread is over 90 days old and still no Car Play comin soon alright
Volvo has had Carplay in it's vehicles since 2017. The XC40 Recharge was first sold in late 2020. Volvo is supposed to put out an OTA installing Carplay into the XC40 Recharge this month. So a company that has experience with the product in its vehicles took almost 2 years to introduce it into its AAOS running EV. I'm going to say it's not as easy as people on this forum are making it out to be.

Volvo has had Carplay in it's vehicles since 2017. The XC40 Recharge was first sold in late 2020. Volvo is supposed to put out an OTA installing Carplay into the XC40 Recharge this month. So a company that has experience with the product in its vehicles took almost 2 years to introduce it into its AAOS running EV. I'm going to say it's not as easy as people on this forum are making it out to be.
I think folks are upset because the higher ups at Lucid did not have their software team working on Car Play long before actual production began. Sure, these things take time but how short sighted can a automotive group be? Lucid focused on the physical aspects of the car and have made the software a after thought….

I think folks are upset because the higher ups at Lucid did not have their software team working on Car Play long before actual production began. Sure, these things take time but how short sighted can a automotive group be? Lucid focused on the physical aspects of the car and have made the software a after thought….
The thing is, that’s the right way to do it. You can’t change the physical aspects later. You can, and they will, change the software. I’m much happier that they got the physical aspects right first

The thing is, that’s the right way to do it. You can’t change the physical aspects later. You can, and they will, change the software. I’m much happier that they got the physical aspects right first
That’s fair to say except the exterior team isn’t the same as the software. There should be parallel tracks of progress.

I’ve owned two Tesla and never had CarPlay. Never felt the urgency. Although my wife’s Lexus has it. But I can take it or leave it.

I don’t hear Tesla owners screaming for CarPlay.

Back