• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I think folks are upset because the higher ups at Lucid did not have their software team working on Car Play long before actual production began. Sure, these things take time but how short sighted can a automotive group be? Lucid focused on the physical aspects of the car and have made the software a after thought….
I want upper management to come out and tell us what it going on with software development, the truth not corporate speak, and give reasonable delivery dates. I would be OK with, "it will be QTR 1 of 2023, so you will have to wait, sorry, but everything will be fixed by then." I assume that the Lucid legal team is saying "keep your mouth shut and don't admit anything", but that attitude is really not helping.

JMHO, sorry for the semi-rant, but the crap software and insignificant updates is just getting old for me.

CarPlay is expected for Aug/Sept. I thought this was a well known rumor for a few months already?

I don't understand the obsession with carplay/Android auto. They're useful, but I'd rather Lucid focus on getting the native software less buggy and with faster boot times. To each their own, I guess.
I’ll take both, please.

I don’t get the big deal of needing it so urgently but clearly people feel the car is incomplete without It. I used CarPlay for 3 things, to listen to Spotify, hear/respond to text messages and Podcasts. All of which I can do natively in the Lucid.

I would also like Lucid to focus on getting its software bugs sorted and faster load times etc. but seems most don’t want this and would rather CarPlay be prioritized first.

Without having taken delivery and actually using the car, my priorities are as follows:

1. Lock/Unlock reliably in all manners offered
2. Faster boot up without having to think about it in advance
3. Homelink reliable and simple
4. CarPlay/Android Auto
5. Better tire option, too many problems right now.

The first four are things that should be a given when considering who Lucid is trying to compete against (including some cars costing 1/3 the price). They should be a given, kind of like the air we breathe. If a Honda Civic can do it…

The above may change when I actually get my car and start using it, but, for now, at least I know where the most prominent warts are.

Forget CarPlay, how about opening and closing the garage door without ever having to press a button?
The opening is fine. Both our gate and garage homelinks pop up when in range.I’m ok with just bushing one thing on the touchscreen. It is the closing I have an issues with. I can’t get to the home link button withoug turning off the back up cameras, they pulling it up, closing the garage and then turning on the cameras agan. It is convoluted.

Forget CarPlay, how about opening and closing the garage door without ever having to press a button?
I agree. This is one of the Tesla features I like the most. Automatically opens my community gate and my garage.

“Alexa, open/close the garage door” works every time. If you have an alarm system in your house that opens and closes doors there’s a pretty good chance it can be linked to Alexa

Those of us old farts who are not tech guys and have never used Alexa are in for a steep learning curve. That being said, you shouldn’t have to be tech literate to buy any car.;)

Alexa, please ask Siri to ask the Lucid to ask my cell phone to open the garage door……..
You joke...but that's the Andorid implementation now which SUCKS...

Hey Google, ask Lucid Motors to blah blah

How do you setup homelink in the car? Do you set it to some sort of setup mode and press the existing garage clicker?

“Alexa, open/close the garage door” works every time. If you have an alarm system in your house that opens and closes doors there’s a pretty good chance it can be linked to Alexa
Also, it takes a little time for Alexa to load or becoming functional after waking from a deep sleep in my experience. Therefore, closing the garage door is still an issue if you just turn the car on and immediately want to leave. Clicker solves all issues!

How do you setup homelink in the car? Do you set it to some sort of setup mode and press the existing garage clicker?
Yes.. park in front of the garage or gate, open up the “add homelink” on the Pilot panel in the car, Hold and press the clicker in front of the car by the L in Lucid until the car beeps. If there is a training button on the opener, press that then go in the car and test it three times. If no training button like our gate, just go into the car and test it three times. Pretty easy.

Never thought about getting Alexa to open and close my garage door, I’ve never had to.

Tesla reached a relatively high level of sophistication with their implementation of Homelink. The garage door closing after sensing you back out, and the garage door opening upon sensing your approach, were things our Teslas could do from the very beginning.

Grudgingly giving Tesla their due credit, this is one area of their software implementation that they got right.

Back