• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Via Reddit today, supposedly being tested (or maybe photoshopped?)

View attachment 3395
As expected, It's going to be pretty small on that top screen. I wouldn't expect to see any major improvements until the next version is released where it can be customized to fit varying screens better. It looks janky but guess it's better than nothing. See the "Air" is still on the instrument panel so no changes coming to that in the near future by the look of it

As expected, It's going to be pretty small on that top screen. I wouldn't expect to see any major improvements until the next version is released where it can be customized to fit varying screens better. It looks janky but guess it's better than nothing. See the "Air" is still on the instrument panel so no changes coming to that in the near future by the look of it
Yea, I'd take ugly CarPlay over zero CarPlay any day of the week.

A functional first iteration of Carplay can always be improved later. Many other things that need fixing first.

Is lucid doing the NEW Apple car play iOS 16? Where it takes over?

This won’t even be out til end of 2023 or 2024. Now is just demo (fake screenshot) what Apple hopes to achieve to integrate.

I still love everytime we see a Lucidinsider article posted on this site. WHERE THE HELL DOES THAT GUY GET HIS INFORMATION!?!?!?!? HMMMM @rbbarry
I also find it amazing how in many EV related automotive articles, a whole article is written from just a one line tweet or comment.

I actually enjoy Lucidinsider on days I don’t want to go through mountains of post here I find not to my interest. It summarizes general topics without all the fluff comments I am known for….😀

I still love everytime we see a Lucidinsider article posted on this site. WHERE THE HELL DOES THAT GUY GET HIS INFORMATION!?!?!?!? HMMMM @rbbarry
I apologize. It's hard to catch up sometimes. From now on I will be sure to write, “I am sorry if this has already been covered, or turns out to be invalid, but here goes”.

I can’t wait until we start seeing complaints about how poorly it fits on the screen, as it will mean that we atleast have it.

Since Elon doesn’t want Apple CarPlay in Tesla, if any Tesla fanboy is drooling for CarPlay, I just saw this option on Amazon which complement missing dashboard of Model Y/3.

I actually enjoy Lucidinsider on days I don’t want to go through mountains of post here I find not to my interest. It summarizes general topics without all the fluff comments I am known for….😀
👍

Back