CarPlay connection with two users

rao_94583

Verified Owner
Cars
AT, Audi e-tron GT
My wife and I are having trouble getting both our phones to pair with CarPlay. I thought I had both working, but this morning, I found that CarPlay would not start up for my phone. Now when I attempt to forget and re-pair, it doesn't even give me the option of using CarPlay (on the pilot screen -- it does on the phone). Instead, I just get an Alexa confirmation screen.

Scratching my head here a little bit. I thought it did work at first.

While it's typically possible to pair more than one device with a vehicle stereo for CarPlay, only one iPhone can be controlled and have audio playback at a time.

Both my father and I can’t get CarPlay to work with two profiles with our GTs. The second user can plug in and get some functionality, but it seems wonky. Hopefully we get an update to correct it soon.

While it's typically possible to pair more than one device with a vehicle stereo for CarPlay, only one iPhone can be controlled and have audio playback at a time.
No, of course both wouldn’t work at the same time. And … I was finally successful in getting both to work after a car reset.

No, of course both wouldn’t work at the same time. And … I was finally successful in getting both to work after a car reset.
That’s not what he’s talking about. The second profile is not working properly with CarPlay.

At any rate -- it's now working with both users. I think it was a reset and re-pair that did it, but who knows? (In fact, it switched to my wife's profile when we got back into the car after going somewhere, and I was able to switch it back, and CarPlay started for both profiles).

Back