CarPlay stopped working

Golfhack

Verified Owner
Cars
QG/SC AT, MB GLE 350
CarPlay was working great for me until two days ago when it disappeared. The Apple CarPlay icon shows up on the top screen but when I hit it, I get a blank screen. I tried disconnecting my phone, deleting all previous connections (mobile key, bluetooth device, etc.) and starting from scratch. I've tried this three times without success. The Apple car play icon no longer shows up on my "Devices" screen on the Lucid UI. One time while installing I did get the prompt on my phone "Do you want to allow Lucid to use Apple CarPlay". I said yes but still never saw the icon next to my device. Photos below. Any suggestions? I have an iPhone 14Pro with the latest software iOS 16.5. I also have the latest Lucid software (2.0.66 I believe)
Pilot panel.jpg
Top screen.jpg

Thanks.

CarPlay was working great for me until two days ago when it disappeared. The Apple CarPlay icon shows up on the top screen but when I hit it, I get a blank screen. I tried disconnecting my phone, deleting all previous connections (mobile key, bluetooth device, etc.) and starting from scratch. I've tried this three times without success. The Apple car play icon no longer shows up on my "Devices" screen on the Lucid UI. One time while installing I did get the prompt on my phone "Do you want to allow Lucid to use Apple CarPlay". I said yes but still never saw the icon next to my device. Photos below. Any suggestions? I have an iPhone 14Pro with the latest software iOS 16.5. I also have the latest Lucid software (2.0.66 I believe)View attachment 12436View attachment 12437
Thanks.
I think it may be something Apple did with 16.5.

I think it may be something Apple did with 16.5.
I haven’t upgraded yet for this reason. Someone else was reporting issues, and he was on the beta.

What iOS version are you using? I'm nearly positive that I was on the last iOS when this problem started. I then upgraded to 16.5 hoping this would fix the problem, but it didn't. I guess it's possible the problem started with 16.4? I don't recall when I upgraded to that version.

I’m on 16.4.1(a) and today while driving, CP just stopped in the middle of using Waze and SXM after driving for about 40 minutes. There was no overheat message on the screen and CP wouldn’t connect until I parked and cane back to the vehicle about an hour later. On the drive back, CP worked fine … with traffic, my drive was about 1:20. I’m using wireless connection for CP.

Tim-in-CA,

This happened to me too, CarPlay just suddenly stopped working on my commute this morning while listening to the Podcast app, just 5 minutes into my drive. And I haven’t gotten it to restart again, although I haven’t tried resetting anything yet. I‘m on 16.5.

Tim-in-CA,

This happened to me too, CarPlay just suddenly stopped working on my commute this morning while listening to the Podcast app, just 5 minutes into my drive. And I haven’t gotten it to restart again, although I haven’t tried resetting anything yet. I‘m on 16.5.
you should try an infotainment reset (long press of Air logo in Pilot panel)

I had the same issue three days ago on road trip. Played fine. Stopped at a rest stop. Came out and pulled away to find I had no car play. Tried everything like the others who have written except reset with no results. Speakers just buzzed on air play. So tuned to FM. Air navigation and voice commands worked. After 3 hours driving I stopped to charge and eat. Came back and car play resumed. Assume it was the reset.

I had the same issue three days ago on road trip. Played fine. Stopped at a rest stop. Came out and pulled away to find I had no car play. Tried everything like the others who have written except reset with no results. Speakers just buzzed on air play. So tuned to FM. Air navigation and voice commands worked. After 3 hours driving I stopped to charge and eat. Came back and car play resumed. Assume it was the reset.
Was the issue that CarPlay stopped working altogether or just the sound was off?

If it’s just the sound that stops working, I’ve found the quickest fix is to turn off Bluetooth on the phone, then turn it back on. Usually gets the audio working again.

If CarPlay disappears altogether, I would check the devices section of the settings page on the Pilot Panel. See if the CarPlay button there works. I haven’t had that problem much lately.

Do the Bobby reset. I had the same issue but after the reset my CarPlay is stable.

If it’s just the sound that stops working, I’ve found the quickest fix is to turn off Bluetooth on the phone, then turn it back on. Usually gets the audio working again.

If CarPlay disappears altogether, I would check the devices section of the settings page on the Pilot Panel. See if the CarPlay button there works. I haven’t had that problem much lately.
Even quicker than picking up and looking at your phone while driving, switch to music in the Lucid UI and change the source to AM/FM. Then, change it to Bluetooth (not CarPlay oddly). The sound will come back. You can then re-access CarPlay by going to the home screen and tapping the CarPlay button.

The CP in my car has been on and off for the past few weeks, sometimes it just stops working, sometimes I can make calls and I can't hear the party I called, sometimes it just won't boot up. I have a 14 running IOS 16.3.1, updating to 16.5 tonight.

you should try an infotainment reset (long press of Air logo in Pilot panel)
Is this legit or a joke?

If it's a joke....YOU GOT ME!!!!

If it's legit, mine doesn't work.

Who is going to be brave enough to install iOS 17 Monday (avail to developers and anyone who registers their UDID) and see how it works with the Lucid?

Who is going to be brave enough to install iOS 17 Monday (avail to developers and anyone who registers their UDID) and see how it works with the Lucid?
Not a question of bravery. Pretty much a necessity that I run the beta on at least one of my phones. Now, whether I do it with my primary carry phone (the one connected to the Lucid) is another matter. Probably will wait until beta 2 or 3 for that.

Back