[RESOLVED] CarPlay and iPhone 11 Pro Max

JoeL

I uploaded the new software today that activates CarPlay. I have followed all of the directions carefully to activate CarPlay with my iPhone. The Bluetooth is connected, there is a message on Lucid devices that say, "You can use CarPlay when enabled on compatible device" and my phone says that CarPlay is connected to LUCID. It seems that all settings are correct but the CarPlay icon is not with the name of the iPhone nor on the right cockpit panel, so I cannot launch the app. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Has anyone else had a similar issue and fixed it?

I uploaded the new software today that activates CarPlay. I have followed all of the directions carefully to activate CarPlay with my iPhone. The Bluetooth is connected, there is a message on Lucid devices that say, "You can use CarPlay when enabled on compatible device" and my phone says that CarPlay is connected to LUCID. It seems that all settings are correct but the CarPlay icon is not with the name of the iPhone nor on the right cockpit panel, so I cannot launch the app. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Has anyone else had a similar issue and fixed it?
In the car, Pilot Panel, connectivity, is the CarPlay icon showing? Is it amber? Try tapping it.
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 8.11.17 PM.png

That's my problem. I don't have that CarPlay icon in connectivity setting.

That's my problem. I don't have that CarPlay icon in connectivity setting.
What if you plug the phone into the USB? Does it then allow CarPlay?

I tried the phone connected to USB and it didn't make a difference.

I have not been in the situation myself, but usually when something like this happens, it is necessary to delete everything and start over. Delete your phone from the connectivity menu in the car. On your phone, ”forget” that vehicle from CarPlay. Then start over.

Yes I did that eatlier and didn't make a difference. I did get a message on my phone that CarPlay was connected and to allow it which I did, This seems to be something wrong with the Lucid app because I'm not seeing the CarPlay icon on connectivity setting..

Yes I did that eatlier and didn't make a difference. I did get a message on my phone that CarPlay was connected and to allow it which I did, This seems to be something wrong with the Lucid app because I'm not seeing the CarPlay icon on connectivity setting..
I'm really sorry I couldn't be of more help. You may need to contact customer service and arrange an appointment. Sometimes they can restart the vehicle remotely and that can help.

I just did a reboot on my phone and went back to the car with it. The CarPlay icon was in connectivity and I was able to connect. Thank you all for your help.

I experienced the same situation, and for me, the only resolution was to switch profiles to guest, and then go back to my profile. After I did that, CarPlay started up right away.

I had to delete the Bluetooth connection from the Lucid UI and re-establish it again to get CarPlay to work.

Back