CarPlay stopped working

Happy to report I've installed the iPhone 17 beta (for work purposes) and it works fine with CarPlay in the Lucid. Even the new feature where you can allow others to send music to your CarPlay is already working well. (Not that I plan on giving anyone the power to control my music.)

Having said that, I do not recommend ever installing a beta OS, unless you are developing apps and need to do so. Beta OSes tend to be very buggy. There's no telling when something might just not work. And there's no removing it once you put it on there. So please, don't install the beta unless you need to.

Happy to report I've installed the iPhone 17 beta (for work purposes) and it works fine with CarPlay in the Lucid. Even the new feature where you can allow others to send music to your CarPlay is already working well. (Not that I plan on giving anyone the power to control my music.)

Having said that, I do not recommend ever installing a beta OS, unless you are developing apps and need to do so. Beta OSes tend to be very buggy. There's no telling when something might just not work. And there's no removing it once you put it on there. So please, don't install the beta unless you need to.
Does the Lucid app work on iOS 17?

Does the Lucid app work on iOS 17?
Yes. No issues thus far. There are definitely some bugs in the os, and it's too early to tell if anything major is going to become an issue. But thus far, it feels like a minor update compared to some previous years.

carplay is working for music and Waze. For calls, I am having a problem. It takes the call or makes the call but I get no volume on the Lucid speakers. I have to change the phone settings to the phone speaker even though the call is shown through carplay. any suggestions?

So sounds like if
You are missing car play you long press air button ??

IMG_7833.jpeg

If that happens, go into your devices settings and press the little CarPlay icon to the right of the phone that is active.
And if that still doesn’t work (has happened to me) sometimes you can put the phone into Airplane Mode and back, and then the car will find it.

I rarely get CarPlay issues anymore, but once in a long while these bugs still rear their ugly heads.

I have had CarPlay randomly stop working. Sometimes it would just start working again after a stop, sometimes not.
Reseting the infotainment has worked for me every time so far.

From Lucid:

We would advise to first perform an infotainment reset when the vehicle is parked and in a safe location. To do this please follow these steps:
  • Go to the Pilot Panel > Settings > About
  • Locate the AIR logo.
  • Press and hold the AIR logo for about 15 seconds until the infotainment screens shut down.
  • The screens will reboot.
  • Then, test the functionality of Apple CarPlay.

I have had CarPlay randomly stop working. Sometimes it would just start working again after a stop, sometimes not.
Reseting the infotainment has worked for me every time so far.

From Lucid:

We would advise to first perform an infotainment reset when the vehicle is parked and in a safe location. To do this please follow these steps:
  • Go to the Pilot Panel > Settings > About
  • Locate the AIR logo.
  • Press and hold the AIR logo for about 15 seconds until the infotainment screens shut down.
  • The screens will reboot.
  • Then, test the functionality of Apple CarPlay.
Yes, the logo reset. It resets your infotainment. My suggestion is the following:
1. Remove phone from devices in the car
2. Hard restart phone
3. Logo reset
4. Add phone to car anew.

Yes, the logo reset. It resets your infotainment. My suggestion is the following:
1. Remove phone from devices in the car
2. Hard restart phone
3. Logo reset
4. Add phone to car anew.
That adds a lot of time, especially if the phone and car don’t want to cooperate when re pairing. I’ve had good success without deleting or resetting iPhone. It’s the Lucid that has issues, not the iPhone.

My carplay just stopped working this weekend. Was fine Friday....Saturday on....GONE! Reset phone. Deleted and relinked. Nothing.

I have found if having any issue plug the wire in and magic it works

Thanks everyone for your help. I tried all of them...none of them worked.

However, after deleting and reinstalling mobile key, infotainment reboot, etc., it was a profile change AFTER all those things that finally did the trick.

Back