Air Pure no longer includes frunk partition/divider

codys21

Verified Owner
Just received my Lucid Air and realized it didn't have the frunk partition/divider so I brought it up to my DA who said recent cars no longer come with them. She believes the divider is no longer manufactured so therefore we can also not purchase one.

Pretty disappointing considering it's a huge space (which other manufacturers really no figure out how to accomplish) that is much better utilized with the divider.

Just received my Lucid Air and realized it didn't have the frunk partition/divider so I brought it up to my DA who said recent cars no longer come with them. She believes the divider is no longer manufactured so therefore we can also not purchase one.

Pretty disappointing considering it's a huge space (which other manufacturers really no figure out how to accomplish) that is much better utilized with the divider.
What was your spec? Also, @mcr16

Same for me, noticed it upon delivery Friday. Representative told me to add to my “Due Bill”, but sounds like that may be fruitless.

I think you've been misinformed. As I understand it, the higher trim levels still come with a frunk cover, and they are actually an improved design. I have a cover on order, although that might explain why the delivery keeps slipping.

I think you've been misinformed. As I understand it, the higher trim levels still come with a frunk cover, and they are actually an improved design. I have a cover on order, although that might explain why the delivery keeps slipping.
Through what avenue did you order the cover, and how much was it if you don’t mind me asking? @Buffalo Bob

I ordered it through the Scottsdale Service Center fairly early in December. I don't know if it was of the old or new design, but I was told it would cost $112.

I ordered it through the Scottsdale Service Center fairly early in December. I don't know if it was of the old or new design, but I was told it would cost $112.
So to get this straight. You were told your car would also not come with a divider, you wanted one, so you ordered one through your Service Center? And now you're waiting for your car delivery that will hopefully include the divider?

No. I got my car at the Scottsdale Service Center on 11/28/23. It was missing the cover, and was told it was discontinued on the Pure models. After unsuccessfully pushing back on such a mid-model-year change, both locally and with central customer service, I gave up and ordered one.

No. I got my car at the Scottsdale Service Center on 11/28/23. It was missing the cover, and was told it was discontinued on the Pure models. After unsuccessfully pushing back on such a mid-model-year change, both locally and with central customer service, I gave up and ordered one.
I want to see what the new one looks like, see if it's worth paying the money to upgrade to the new one. Post a picture when you get it.
I know the Pure is the least expensive model, but in terms of the cost of the car, leaving that out seems really silly. It seems like any person buying it would pay an extra $250 for the car to have that included.

I can understand them taking the frunk cover out of the 2024 Pure RWD models, as Lucid is trying to reach an aggressive price point, and it's a minimally disruptive way to get one more (albeit modest) cost offset. What does not make sense to me is making the change mid-stream in the 2023 model year. From what I've garnered so far, the people who got 2023 Pure AWDs without funk covers got cars that were built in November and December, so they were probably on the manufacturing line along with the 2024 Pure RWDs.

I took my frunk cover out as I found it awkward for my regular use. I know I’ll want to use it at some point so it remains in my basement.

Also curious if the new design would be more convenient. Hope you will post a picture.

I agree it seems odd they removed it in Nov from the AWD Pures. I will definitely reach out to find out how to purchase one, though.

I don’t use mine either, it’s heavy and awkward to open/close (unless you do a DIY Bobby-fix).

Uh, oh. The “decontenting” a la Tesla is starting already. What a shame.

Actually, in 2014, Tesla went from charging $250 for the parcel shelf to making it free. Virtually everything that was optional back then eventually became free, except larger batteries and performance versions. They did more recently start going the other way with things like charging equipment.

Back