Trunk/Frunk "shelves"

unHookt

Verified Owner
I got tired of fumbling with the "shelves" in the trunk and frunk, but couldn't bring myself to live without them because of how useful they are. I've seen other posts with magnet hacks for holding the cover in place when you want to have access to the well, but for reliability you're using screws to fasten magnets. It's even more of a hassle when, like me, you've got the protective TuxMats in there. So I just flipped the covers and tied a string to the leather handle to make it easier to access the sunken storage. It's not pretty, but it makes life soooo much easier. The hinge faces the "correct" direction when the orientation of the cover is flipped and you just open it like a compartment cover. The TuxMat covers the unsightly string and hinges, too.

I think Lucid definitely got it wrong on these.

Last edited:
I got tired of fumbling with the "shelves" in the trunk and frunk, but couldn't bring myself to live without them because of how useful they are. I've seen other posts with magnet hacks for holding the cover in place when you want to have access to the well, but for reliability you're using screws to fasten magnets. It's even more of a hassle when, like me, you've got the protective TuxMats in there. So I just flipped the covers and tied a string to the leather handle to make it easier to access the sunken storage. It's not pretty, but it makes life soooo much easier. The hinge faces the "correct" direction when the orientation of the cover is flipped and you just open it like a compartment cover. The TuxMat covers the unsightly string and hinges, too.

I think Lucid definitely got it wrong on these.
They got redesigned for 2024.

Just the lids? Can earlier models use the new ones?

They got redesigned for 2024.
I did not realize or know this either. How were they redesigned? I have a 2024 though have not seen the 2023 storage areas for comparison.

I did not realize or know this either. How were they redesigned? I have a 2024 though have not seen the 2023 storage areas for comparison.
Show me yours and I'll show you mine 🤣

I would like to see the change in the new ones, as well. My 2023 Pure AWD was manufactured in 11/23, and I did not get the frunk cover at all. Lucid told me that it was discontinued in the Pure models, which made zero sense to me, as I never heard of any car manufacturer dropping a feature during the course of a model year. Only with the next year's changes. I tied escalating this to no avail. I gave up and ordered a frunk cover, and have been waiting over a month for it. If I'm paying for one, I sure as heck want to get the new, improved one. BTW, this is the only really negative thing I can cite about my Pure purchase/ownership experience, which to me was such an idiotic move on Lucid's part from a customer sat perspective.

I would like to see the change in the new ones, as well. My 2023 Pure AWD was manufactured in 11/23, and I did not get the frunk cover at all. Lucid told me that it was discontinued in the Pure models, which made zero sense to me, as I never heard of any car manufacturer dropping a feature during the course of a model year. Only with the next year's changes. I tied escalating this to no avail. I gave up and ordered a frunk cover, and have been waiting over a month for it. If I'm paying for one, I sure as heck want to get the new, improved one. BTW, this is the only really negative thing I can cite about my Pure purchase/ownership experience, which to me was such an idiotic move on Lucid's part from a customer sat perspective.
How much does it cost lucid to put in a carpet covered piece of fiberboard? 20 bucks? Is the profit margin really that razor thin? This reminds me my dad’s stories of his first new car, a 54 Ford. It only had the drivers sun visor because the passenger side was an option for an extra couple bucks. Pickup trucks from the 40s and 50s also had the option of a passenger side taillight for extra cost as it wasn’t mandatory to have two unlike passenger cars. Just short sighted I guess

Last edited:
If there’s one thing I criticize Lucid most for, it’s communication. Sounds like the communication in your case broke down. Whatever the reason they didn’t have a cover in your Pure, it was very likely not that they decided to just drop it. Most likely it was just missing in yours, and someone speculated, rather than getting the real answer.

If I had to guess? They were about to introduce the redesigned ones for 2024 and just ran out of the old ones.

I do hope the one they send you is the newer one. It’s not dramatically different. But it does stand up on its own when you fold it. So you don’t have to do the magnet trick so many of us have done to our cars.

Pics of the new 2024 shelves would be good. First time I’ve heard of this

My guess was that my 2023 Pure AWD was on the line along with some 2024 Pure RWDs, and nobody was paying attention, but then I would have expected the central Customer Service crew to say "Oops. Our bad. We'll send you one right away." Instead, they told me to pound sand. When I ordered the cover, I was told it would cost $112. I get dropping the frunk cover from the 2024 Pures, as they are trying to de-feature that model a bit relative to the higher trim 2024s, and a lot of owners don't value the frunk cover anyway, but I actually have reason to need one.

Alright @hydbob , here is mine!

These are frunk and trunk pics snagged during a quick detail of my (manufactured in November and delivered end of December) 2024 Air Touring. Of note, I do not have the convenience package; I.e. I have a manual open/close frunk.

I am curious what you or others detect as differences between the dividers or design of these 2024 pictures with the 2023 models.

View attachment IMG_0451.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0448.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0448.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0449.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0443.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0442.jpeg

Alright @hydbob , here is mine!

These are frunk and trunk pics snagged during a quick detail of my (manufactured in November and delivered end of December) 2024 Air Touring. Of note, I do not have the convenience package; I.e. I have a manual open/close frunk.

I am curious what you or others detect as differences between the dividers or design of these 2024 pictures with the 2023 models.

View attachment 17635
View attachment 17634
View attachment 17633
View attachment 17632
View attachment 17631
View attachment 17630
Yep. That's the new one. The handle has that sunken in bit that makes it easier to grab. Also, there are two folding creases, so when it's folded upwards, you should be able to set it in a resting "folded up" position.

The original one didn't do that. It just has one hinge and folds in half. So you basically have to take it out to put things underneath. And then put it back to put something on top.

i'd buy those... hope they'll be made available separately.

i'd buy those... hope they'll be made available separately.
Ditto... id certainly get the new one myself however the carpet seems to not be as plush from the pics at least

Has anyone managed to get part numbers for the new shelf dividers (or whatever they're called)? With a part number, I suspect we could order one through service department.
Another hope is that if Lucid has really now taken these out of the 2024 Pure models, they probably will be offering them for purchase for Pure owners who want them.

I don't have a part number, but my service department in Scottsdale ordered one for me around the second week of December. It's supposed to cost $112 plus tax if it ever comes in. I don't know if it's the old style or the new. I imagine your service center should be able to do the same.

I just got mine and found out the hard way, too. This is such a stupid move by Lucid. It cost them next to nothing, but cost them tons from customer experience point. Like you, I like the car, but it really left a bad taste in my mouth...

Back