No complaints

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
Unlike many of you, I had little recent experience with luxury cars, so my expectations for my Lucid Air were neutral. I didn't realize I bought a Mercedes-class car until I was ensconced in then Air's driver's seat.

I've been a member of this forum for over a year and was reading it as a lurker for a few months longer. Thus, I was very concerned about receiving a car with multiple, possibly major problems. I upgraded my order from a Pure to a Touring in February, since my SA and DA could not predict when I would receive a Pure, but I could have a Touring in two days.

I've experienced a few very minor glitches, but in general the car has been perfect. Maybe my expectations were lower than some members of this forum. I've heard no rattles or squeaks. The panels and parts seem to meet where they are supposed to. The trunk and frunk open and close perfectly. The Zenith red paint looks great and appears to be uniform. Performance is superb. Every update has worked. I'm averaging about 3.6 over 3,150 miles (at least half of those miles in 30-40 degree temps) which I consider acceptable. Sure, I would prefer 4.0 and can achieve that if I keep it below 70, which is a bit too slow. My average freeway speed is 72. After reading all the horror stories I feel like I'm driving an enchanted car. I hope I don't have to retract this anytime soon!
My two disappointments remain the lack of Android Auto and the hit-and-miss luck with Electrify America. Lucid is only responsible for the former.
I figure there must be a lot of people on this forum with trouble-free Lucid Airs, but they don't post because their Lucids are trouble-free!

Unlike many of you, I had little recent experience with luxury cars, so my expectations for my Lucid Air were neutral. I didn't realize I bought a Mercedes-class car until I was ensconced in then Air's driver's seat.

I've been a member of this forum for over a year and was reading it as a lurker for a few months longer. Thus, I was very concerned about receiving a car with multiple, possibly major problems. I upgraded my order from a Pure to a Touring in February, since my SA and DA could not predict when I would receive a Pure, but I could have a Touring in two days.

I've experienced a few very minor glitches, but in general the car has been perfect. Maybe my expectations were lower than some members of this forum. I've heard no rattles or squeaks. The panels and parts seem to meet where they are supposed to. The trunk and frunk open and close perfectly. The Zenith red paint looks great and appears to be uniform. Performance is superb. Every update has worked. I'm averaging about 3.6 over 3,150 miles (at least half of those miles in 30-40 degree temps) which I consider acceptable. Sure, I would prefer 4.0 and can achieve that if I keep it below 70, which is a bit too slow. My average freeway speed is 72. After reading all the horror stories I feel like I'm driving an enchanted car. I hope I don't have to retract this anytime soon!
My two disappointments remain the lack of Android Auto and the hit-and-miss luck with Electrify America. Lucid is only responsible for the former.
I figure there must be a lot of people on this forum with trouble-free Lucid Airs, but they don't post because their Lucids are trouble-free!
I'm positive you are correct. People post when they have problems and don't necessarily post when everything is working like it's supposed to. And if you read enough about the problems without actually driving one, you start getting scared to buy one. I've only had a couple glitches in mine, with the camera display disappearing. But they've come right back with turning the car off and back on.
I also have zero experience with luxury cars, but had test driven it and read extensively about it, so I kind of knew what I was getting into. I waffled yes/no on purchasing it for a few months, mostly because of the cost, and finally did. Best decision ever!!

I'm positive you are correct. People post when they have problems and don't necessarily post when everything is working like it's supposed to. And if you read enough about the problems without actually driving one, you start getting scared to buy one. I've only had a couple glitches in mine, with the camera display disappearing. But they've come right back with turning the car off and back on.
I also have zero experience with luxury cars, but had test driven it and read extensively about it, so I kind of knew what I was getting into. I waffled yes/no on purchasing it for a few months, mostly because of the cost, and finally did. Best decision ever!!
It is pretty commonly known that forums are NOT a good sample size, as not many people praise the car, they just voice frustrations.

P.S: not to start another diction debate, as I really do not care, but you said that the glitches "come right back" when you restart the car.

My car is perfect, the problem is the owner.

I have had the same experience; almost perfect , with the exception of a few minor issues. The car is a frickin antidepressant on wheels!!

It is pretty commonly known that forums are NOT a good sample size, as not many people praise the car, they just voice frustrations.

P.S: not to start another diction debate, as I really do not care, but you said that the glitches "come right back" when you restart the car.
I meant the cameras come back on, not the glitches.

From my end, my wife and daughter enjoying every moment we get to drive our LAT. I still come here for car tips and other information such as OTA see where others may highlight issues so I can keep abreast of them.

Back