Anyone else encounter a strange tear in seat upholstery?

jgiannini23

Cars
2024 lucid air pure
Hello All,

I've had my lucid air pure for a out 3 months now. I just discovered this tear on my driver's side seat. It's strange in that I do not carry anything sharp in my pockets and have no recollection of anything being caught. It's very cleanly torn along the perforations of the leather. The leather there seems particularly thin and under high tension. Has anyone else encountered a tear of this style and location?

PXL_20240315_195221828.jpg

I am having an issue in a similar area on my GT where the passenger’s body parts don’t even cover. I sent it to Service a Couple of months ago and was told it was not a problem.

I had my driver side door replaced for a similar issue after a lot of fighting which you might have to do but hopefully this is a no brainer. The service level may be going down now that they seem to be running out of money and are unable to sell as many cars as they produce.

I have stopped watching them or keeping up with them at this point. I will be watching my seat issue and have that difficult conversation if I see the seat leather deteriorating.

I know I am in the minority here but the quality of the leather used is less than stellar no matter if it was caused by the fact that they had to make do with the best they could get during COVID.

I'm sorry to say this, but that is mostly likely caused by a blade or blade-like object. A purse strap with something on it, something in or around your pockets when bending down to reach into the car through the driver's seat (but not entering the car itself), any number of things.

It might still be worth getting checked out by a service center (especially if you feel it's a high-tension area).

That looks like a clean slice down the perforations. That really sucks.

Definitely have it looked at, but it doesn’t look to me like a defect. If it is one (for example, if that leather is under too high tension) I wouldn’t have expect the tear to be that clean, and rather to slowly rip over time.

That said, let us know what service says!

YES!!!! I was so upset when I saw it. I am positive I have done nothing to tear it. It is also on the perforated part of the pleather.

Hello All,

I've had my lucid air pure for a out 3 months now. I just discovered this tear on my driver's side seat. It's strange in that I do not carry anything sharp in my pockets and have no recollection of anything being caught. It's very cleanly torn along the perforations of the leather. The leather there seems particularly thin and under high tension. Has anyone else encountered a tear of this style and location?

View attachment 19287
Yes. I have some tears in the exact same place. Seems like the vinyl might be defective. Any idea on how to repair it. Will Lucid cover it under warranty?

My GT interior especially the seats still look new. Sorry you’re having an issue with yours. That’s a bummer.

I don't have a tear, but I do have wrinkling on the bottom part of my Pure's driver seat. I have the impression that the material is thin. After more the 8 years in my Tesla I have no wrinkles or tears. Both have similar looking perforated seats.

Last edited:
Back