No fault fender bender at $15k

Just for my education, when they do declare it totaled .then what happens? How're you made whole? Also if you can give me some sense of your insurance monthly premiums I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks and good luck!

My Ins agent told me the number of Hit & Run accidents and uninsured is exploding and the industry has found the cause to be the number of "newcomers" (or whatever the latest terminology is) to our country. They cannot really say that. Expect your insurance rates to double or triple over the next few years. Those words were from him. I hope he is wrong, but I am not surprised.

My Ins agent told me the number of Hit & Run accidents and uninsured is exploding and the industry has found the cause to be the number of "newcomers" (or whatever the latest terminology is) to our country. They cannot really say that. Expect your insurance rates to double or triple over the next few years. Those words were from him. I hope he is wrong, but I am not surprised.
It's got nothing to do with "newcomers". Where was the call center you rang into, Texas! Knowing someone who works in the insurance industry the reason rates are sky rocketing is because some states capped insurance companies or prevented them from increasing policies more that 1% or so YoY. In CA for example, that rule expired last year and the insurance companies took that as an opportunity to make up for lost time/money.

The amount of people that also sue, lie and take an accident as an opportunity for a pay day is another reason why ultimately we all pay the price. So rather than the person blaming so called "newcomers" maybe the blame lies on all the selfish people with insurance who blatantly lie along with pretending they're injured when they're in fact not. FYI - A hospital finds out the medical is being covered by insurance they're asking for the limits and all of a sudden that's how much is needed to fix the injury. The whole system is being completely abused.

His comment was solely on the number of hit and run and uninsured going up. He did not comment on any other statistics other than those, and he actually does get those numbers. No call center, my agent for the past 20+ years.

I do not disagree that the whole system is being abused (and not just car insurance). Really wish parts of our laws more closely resembled those in Europe.

Just for my education, when they do declare it totaled .then what happens? How're you made whole? Also if you can give me some sense of your insurance monthly premiums I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks and good luck!

The insurance company is looking into the market price and pay the replacement cost of the vehicle. The monthly insurance premium is about $400 for 2 drivers and 2 vehicles.

Here's a few photos of the damage and when they take the car apart. It has to be a low-speed collision since I was parked in the parking lot.

My Lucid experience have been great so far. However, if the cost of repairs is so high that such a minor collision would lead to totaling the car, I'm not sure if I'll get another Lucid again. Also, I regret not hardwiring the dashcam, so that I have footage of the car that hit me.

Attachments

• Photo 10.jpg
    Photo 10.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Photo 08.jpg
    Photo 08.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Photo 71.jpg
    Photo 71.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 47
The insurance company is looking into the market price and pay the replacement cost of the vehicle. The monthly insurance premium is about $400 for 2 drivers and 2 vehicles.

Here's a few photos of the damage and when they take the car apart. It has to be a low-speed collision since I was parked in the parking lot.

My Lucid experience have been great so far. However, if the cost of repairs is so high that such a minor collision would lead to totaling the car, I'm not sure if I'll get another Lucid again. Also, I regret not hardwiring the dashcam, so that I have footage of the car that hit me.
Thank you. Agreed, it's quite shocking to me that the type of damage you had would lead to the car getting totalled! Food for thought for sure ..good luck!

I agree with you and I think the agent is full of crap. The reasons are what you state AND the amount of technology built into today's cars. Almost any accident will require replacing and recalibrating at least one and potentially several sensors. If you have a HUD, suddenly you need specialized glass and recalibration. The parts themselves are incredibly expensive.
It's got nothing to do with "newcomers". Where was the call center you rang into, Texas! Knowing someone who works in the insurance industry the reason rates are sky rocketing is because some states capped insurance companies or prevented them from increasing policies more that 1% or so YoY. In CA for example, that rule expired last year and the insurance companies took that as an opportunity to make up for lost time/money.

The amount of people that also sue, lie and take an accident as an opportunity for a pay day is another reason why ultimately we all pay the price. So rather than the person blaming so called "newcomers" maybe the blame lies on all the selfish people with insurance who blatantly lie along with pretending they're injured when they're in fact not. FYI - A hospital finds out the medical is being covered by i

The amount of people that also sue, lie and take an accident as an opportunity for a pay day is another reason why ultimately we all pay the price. So rather than the person blaming so called "newcomers" maybe the blame lies on all the selfish people with insurance who blatantly lie along with pretending they're injured when they're in fact not. FYI - A hospital finds out the medical is being covered by insurance they're asking for the limits and all of a sudden that's how much is needed to fix the injury. The whole system is being completely abused.

nsurance they're asking for the limits and all of a sudden that's how much is needed to fix the injury. The whole system is being completely abused

Thank you. Agreed, it's quite shocking to me that the type of damage you had would lead to the car getting totalled! Food for thought for sure ..good luck!
I’m still in shock, but the shop has already took apart some of the cars and damage more in the process. There’s no way back.

The lesson learnt is to comparison shop before agree to let an untrusted shop work on it even if insurance give the go ahead.

Most of the stated cost is labor.

Back