Air Pure review after 1,000 miles

ChicagoLucid

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Headline: If you are on the fence about the Air Pure, the answer is - buy it!

Specs:
Air Pure
AWD
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro
Fathom Blue
19 inch wheels

My history:
- Made a reservation for an Air Pure in August 2022 (so I got the historical pricing)
- Car was available in May 2023
- Vacillated on buying for several months; finally purchased for cash in August 2023

I read the many positive and critical comments on this forum, and was concerned about several points:
- Buggy software
- Pillar obstructing view
- Cargo space (my most recent cars have been SUVs)
- Charging availability/issues with EA network
- DDP not handling lane correction well
- SSP not sounding that great
And other concerns that have been raised.

After 1,000 miles, including a couple of weekend roadtrips that were 250+ miles, my observations (pros and cons) are as follows:
Pros:
- The car is amazing to drive! Smooth and powerful, easy to steer, sporty. So much fun
- Very quiet and well-insulated from sound
- SSP is great with Tidal/Dolby Atmos - the sound is very clear and enveloping. The roadtrips were not tiring at all because of the comfort, quiet interior and excellent sound system
- Controls are intuitive and easy to learn
- Software is not laggy and has worked fine
- This isn't that big a deal, but other people love how the car looks (I've received half a dozen compliments from other drivers). But it is also not super-ostentatious. I'm comfortable parking at the train for when I commute.
- Plenty of space, especially with the frunk
- Charging is fast and easy (I had a charger installed at home, which is obviously recommended)
- It is very comfortable
- Large amount of legroom in the back
- No issues with reflections or visibility (I am 6 feet tall)
- No service issues to date, and no reason to expect any
Cons:
- The lane correction could be improved - I assume they will sort that out. For now, I leave it off, but leave on the lane departure warning.
- Software occasionally doesn't pick up Apple Carplay - not a big deal
- Range IRL is probably about 75% of stated range, which is still fine for all of my needs (mixture of city and highway, with highway at 80 mph or so)
- Wipers could use a couple of more options

Obviously, YMMV (literally!), but after being on the fence for a couple of months, I am really happy that I bought the car.

Back