Aggressive Braking in Cruise

Nomit8rs

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
DE Number
When I drive in adaptive cruise and approach cars at a stop light, at low speeds the deceleration works properly. It also adjusts properly when I am driving at normal speed and the traffic flow slows. But if I am in a 55 MPH zone and approach a light with a car stopped, the car will not slow down until it is dangerously close to the car in front of me and then it slams on the brakes. I have only allowed this to happen a couple of times because it threw everything in my seat into the floor. I tested again today and had the same scenario so I will continue to use my brakes manually. Is this the way she is supposed to work or do I need to have this calibrated?
Additionally, when it does stop in slower speed limit zones and the car in front of me starts moving, I have to press the accelerator for it to start moving again. I am not so lazy that I can't tap the accelerator, but I am accustomed to how my Tesla worked in this situation and wonder if this is normal behavior or a unique feature in "Lucy".

When I drive in adaptive cruise and approach cars at a stop light, at low speeds the deceleration works properly. It also adjusts properly when I am driving at normal speed and the traffic flow slows. But if I am in a 55 MPH zone and approach a light with a car stopped, the car will not slow down until it is dangerously close to the car in front of me and then it slams on the brakes. I have only allowed this to happen a couple of times because it threw everything in my seat into the floor. I tested again today and had the same scenario so I will continue to use my brakes manually. Is this the way she is supposed to work or do I need to have this calibrated?
Additionally, when it does stop in slower speed limit zones and the car in front of me starts moving, I have to press the accelerator for it to start moving again. I am not so lazy that I can't tap the accelerator, but I am accustomed to how my Tesla worked in this situation and wonder if this is normal behavior or a unique feature in "Lucy".
Yes and yes to both your scenarios

Do people really use ACC on roads that aren't highways? Seems unsafe to me, but then again, I generally like to drive my car...

This is spelled out in the manual. ACC and HA are not meant for roads with cars stopped at lights. And they will not brake for distant cars that are standing still.

Instead of tapping the accelerator, you can also tap up on the left toggle wheel. Either one works.

But if I am in a 55 MPH zone and approach a light with a car stopped, the car will not slow down until it is dangerously close to the car in front of me and then it slams on the brakes
You’re engaging collision avoidance which is why the car is braking so hard. There are differences in ADAS implementations across manufacturers so you can’t assume it works the same just because brand X did it a certain way.

Instead of tapping the accelerator, you can also tap up on the left toggle wheel. Either one works.
Thank you! I will try that if I am brave enough to let her stop by herself!

Thank you! I will try that if I am brave enough to let her stop by herself!
It works better with traffic in front of you slows down to stop but it is scary when you approach a stopped traffic at a higher speed.

Back