Sudden unwanted braking while on Adaptive cruise

So far Lucid has taken this particular complaint very seriously. The Costa Mesa service advisor has been super thorough with questions. He even asked me not to wash the car and make sure whatever bug guts were covering sensors were left intact for them the look at. I haven’t heard if they’ve had any breakthroughs looking over the vehicle logs, but I certainly hope it’s productive.
Glad to hear that, I'm sure whatever it is, they want to get to the bottom of it.

Quick update on this. From what I know so far (which is limited) is that there is nothing physically wrong with the vehicle. Lucid has been exceptionally tight lipped about this, which is frankly disappointing. When I've pressed the service advisor from Costa Mesa for more details, I've gotten the "legal is currently working on the language to our response to you". In the meantime, they're just keeping the vehicle hostage and are unwilling to let it go. Does anyone have suggestions, short of getting a laywer myself?

Quick update on this. From what I know so far (which is limited) is that there is nothing physically wrong with the vehicle. Lucid has been exceptionally tight lipped about this, which is frankly disappointing. When I've pressed the service advisor from Costa Mesa for more details, I've gotten the "legal is currently working on the language to our response to you". In the meantime, they're just keeping the vehicle hostage and are unwilling to let it go. Does anyone have suggestions, short of getting a laywer myself?
Do you have a loaner? If so, I'd recommend patience.

Do you have a loaner? If so, I'd recommend patience.
I don't have a loaner, no (but I do have a giant Nissan Armada that doesn't fit in my garage :)

It's been over 2 weeks an I have very little detail to go off of. Patience would be fine if I got better communication about what is going on.

I’ve had a few strange run-ins with automatic braking since updating past 2.1.10. Nothing as extreme as a full stop on the freeway, but:
- I was pulling into a wide open parking space, absolutely nothing there, and the alarms went off and it hard stopped me. Definitely wasn’t using ACC/HA or autopark, and my foot was on the accelerator moving slowly forward.
- On the freeway, again no HA/ACC, a car pulled in front of me as traffic was slowing down. I was also slowing down (OPD, not braking), but Lucid thought I needed a good pump of the brakes without warning. Not a full stop, just a second of unexpected braking.
- On the freeway actually using HA this time, there was a car in front of me, but no real change other than a slight curve. Again Lucid gave a brief, hard pump of the brakes and then kept going. The emergency braking warning flashed up just as briefly.

I’ll definitely bring this up with service. I wonder if it’s related to the latest update with radar tweaks. Before the last 2 updates I only ever saw it once, it was being overly aggressive with the crossing traffic detection.

I don't have a loaner, no (but I do have a giant Nissan Armada that doesn't fit in my garage :)

It's been over 2 weeks an I have very little detail to go off of. Patience would be fine if I got better communication about what is going on.
I will reach out to my friends at Costa Mesa and draw their attention to this. I have been impressed by their level of communication in the past, so I hope they rectify it soon. Keep me posted.

I’ve had a few strange run-ins with automatic braking since updating past 2.1.10. Nothing as extreme as a full stop on the freeway, but:
- I was pulling into a wide open parking space, absolutely nothing there, and the alarms went off and it hard stopped me. Definitely wasn’t using ACC/HA or autopark, and my foot was on the accelerator moving slowly forward.
- On the freeway, again no HA/ACC, a car pulled in front of me as traffic was slowing down. I was also slowing down (OPD, not braking), but Lucid thought I needed a good pump of the brakes without warning. Not a full stop, just a second of unexpected braking.
- On the freeway actually using HA this time, there was a car in front of me, but no real change other than a slight curve. Again Lucid gave a brief, hard pump of the brakes and then kept going. The emergency braking warning flashed up just as briefly.

I’ll definitely bring this up with service. I wonder if it’s related to the latest update with radar tweaks. Before the last 2 updates I only ever saw it once, it was being overly aggressive with the crossing traffic detection.
What are you settings for this?

Those scenarios seem a bit different from mine. Once the vehicle initiated breaking, it wasn't for an instant and then it resumed at the set speed...it just full on applied brakes and would have come to a full stop (speculating here, since I took over and accelerated).

For me these happened before the latest update.

I will reach out to my friends at Costa Mesa and draw their attention to this. I have been impressed by their level of communication in the past, so I hope they rectify it soon. Keep me posted.
Chris at Costa Mesa has been great and I feel the issue has been escalated properly, but I feel that even Chris has been left a bit in the dark. Anyway, I got assurances that I should be hearing something more definitive today.

Chris at Costa Mesa has been great and I feel the issue has been escalated properly, but I feel that even Chris has been left a bit in the dark. Anyway, I got assurances that I should be hearing something more definitive today.
I'm not sure I understand your post, then. You brought your car to the service center complaining of a safety issue. They are working on a solution and Chris has been, according to you. "great" about his communication. I have read every post on this forum and your situation seems rather unique, so therefore, no doubt it's just taking them longer than usual to figure it out. I'm not sure I understand how you jump from that to them holding your car "hostage" and threatening to get a lawyer. It sounds like they're doing exactly what you asked. Do you expect them to give you your car back without a solution?

I'm not sure I understand your post, then. You brought your car to the service center complaining of a safety issue. They are working on a solution and Chris has been, according to you. "great" about his communication. I have read every post on this forum and your situation seems rather unique, so therefore, no doubt it's just taking them longer than usual to figure it out. I'm not sure I understand how you jump from that to them holding your car "hostage" and threatening to get a lawyer. It sounds like they're doing exactly what you asked. Do you expect them to give you your car back without a solution?
Coincidentally heard from Chris 10 minutes after posting here....

Chris has been great, but he himself hasn't had much in terms of details. Yes, he has been communicating with me that he has nothing to say other than the Lucid legal department is involved and that someone is supposedly working on a report. Communicating to say "the issue is above my payscale" is not satisfactory communication. Sorry for the confusion.

Coincidentally heard from Chris 10 minutes after posting here....

Chris has been great, but he himself hasn't had much in terms of details. Yes, he has been communicating with me that he has nothing to say other than the Lucid legal department is involved and that someone is supposedly working on a report. Communicating to say "the issue is above my payscale" is not satisfactory communication. Sorry for the confusion.
It sounds like he’s being honest. Lucid is a very quiet company, they don’t show their cards much. I’m positive there’s a lot of discussion internally about your issue because it is related to safety. Perhaps they simply have no solution yet.

Back