AC up air button seems to be coming loose.

Sam6062

Anyone else have to replace any of the physical buttons. My Right Fan Button is loose and I am afraid it might break. Going to log a call with service. It looks a lot worse in person.

Attachments

• 81711124-AEA8-4F20-9F85-0C4E32FA5FF3.jpeg
    81711124-AEA8-4F20-9F85-0C4E32FA5FF3.jpeg
    852.7 KB · Views: 225
Mine buttons are very poor and feel like they are falling off also each one is not aligned looks cheap and broken did you ever get this resolved?

This is well documented and unfortunate the tolerances on some high-touch points have been passed over for QC.

This is well documented and unfortunate the tolerances on some high-touch points have been passed over for QC.
I wouldn’t say that. There have been a couple instances, but it is by no means a widespread issue.

Of the relatively few buttons and manual switchgear in the car (steering wheel buttons/toggles, window lifts, dashboard volume, turn signals, gear selector) those four A/C toggles are easily the flimsiest in feel and operation. i understand that they might have come from different suppliers than the other switchgear, but I don't understand how they got through QC at Lucid.

A few months ago Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, called me to get my impressions of the car after driving it a while. Those A/C toggles were one of the things I brought up with him. He made no commitment but intimated that Lucid was going to address the issue. However, if they do it will probably be for forward production, not replacement of existing units -- until they fail. But everything about this is just my guess.

Mine buttons are very poor and feel like they are falling off also each one is not aligned looks cheap and broken did you ever get this resolved?
Not yet, it is a hard to procure part lol. It’s on their list.

Of the relatively few buttons and manual switchgear in the car (steering wheel buttons/toggles, window lifts, dashboard volume, turn signals, gear selector) those four A/C toggles are easily the flimsiest in feel and operation. i understand that they might have come from different suppliers than the other switchgear, but I don't understand how they got through QC at Lucid.

A few months ago Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, called me to get my impressions of the car after driving it a while. Those A/C toggles were one of the things I brought up with him. He made no commitment but intimated that Lucid was going to address the issue. However, if they do it will probably be for forward production, not replacement of existing units -- until they fail. But everything about this is just my guess.
I would complain if yours are coming loose. The more we condone the less need for them to improve.

I report every time even the smallest oddity and yesterday the Manger of Service called me about my AC issue and told me that service is available 24/7 and people should report incidents as they happen so they can go and look at the logs.

I am sure everyone except me knows that the AC settings cannot be saved but it starts in whatever mode it was when you last exited your car.

Also that it has a feature that it senses if your car needs defrosting, in 90 degree Texas weather and puts the car in that mode BUT in my case does not engage those buttons. Had to test it with paper, record it and send to service. They apparently know about the issue.

The Manager indicated that they were riding the software group as hard as they can to correct it. Promised me the car would be better in a year. Told her not waiting a year for bad AC. Wonder how well the heater works now that Winter is coming.

Btw in order to get out of defrost mode, engage the buttons and then disengage.

She told me that another Software update was imminent but did not want to give me a date or what would be on it.

I would complain if yours are coming loose. The more we condone the less need for them to improve.

Mine aren't coming loose; it's just something I have noticed the few times I've used them. I almost never use them, in fact, as the A/C is very good at bringing the temperature quickly to the set point and holding there . . . at least when the A/C is working at all.

Mine aren't coming loose; it's just something I have noticed the few times I've used them. I almost never use them, in fact, as the A/C is very good at bringing the temperature quickly to the set point and holding there . . . at least when the A/C is working at all.
Ha Ha just did a double take there. IMO AC is very underwhelming for me and the vents and that dash lip were a poor design. Yes one of my buttons is loose. I do use that volume button.

IMO AC is very underwhelming for me and the vents and that dash lip were a poor design.

I've actually been surprised at how effective the A/C is in our car. Living in south Florida where the sun is intense year-round, I was worried about the glass canopy. In fact, we've never been in a situation where the A/C (which we keep set at 70) has left the car uncomfortable, even when sitting for prolonged periods in airport cell phone lots.

Contrary to popular belief, temperatures in south Florida seldom reach 100 degrees. A couple of months ago we took a road trip up to North Carolina during a heat wave that gave us 108 degrees on some stints along an interstate through South Carolina and while sitting at EA charging stations. Although cabin temperature might have gotten a few degrees above 70 while sitting at charging stations, it never became uncomfortable.

The car does heat up very quickly when parked in sunshine, but once I learned the car has a feature that can maintain cabin temperature for 45 minutes after you exit the car, that ceased to be an issue. If I'm in and out of the car running errands, this is very handy. If the car sits for longer periods in the sun, the mobile app can be used to pre-cool the car, although it takes a bit longer to engage than one would hope. (We have that same slow response issue with our Tesla, fwiw.)

I agree that those buttons and the glove box door are inexplicably shoddy. Fortunately, I rarely use either one 🤷‍♂️

I'm banking on mine coming loose or breaking at some point. Those control buttons and the ones on the steering wheel seem cheap so hopefully by the time they break new designed ones are out.

What are you guys doing to your buttons? I'm 9 months in and they look and perform perfectly. Not loose and are perfectly aligned with the edges.

What are you guys doing to your buttons? I'm 9 months in and they look and perform perfectly. Not loose and are perfectly aligned with the edges.
It's not that they don't perform, the just feel cheap and nasty. Like they wiggle etc. and just overall feel flimsy. The steering wheel buttons (the up/down) are kind of stiff but have gotten used to those.

I don’t think the steering wheel buttons feel cheap. But the up and down climate control ones are flimsy and do not feel solid to me. Same with the glove compartment door.

Ha Ha just did a double take there. IMO AC is very underwhelming for me and the vents and that dash lip were a poor design. Yes one of my buttons is loose. I do use that volume button.
I agree, just got my GT and I currently have a 22 Tesla MSLR. The airflow is not as strong at lower levels on AUTO and you have to increase the fan speed which creates more interior noise, privileged problem...

I have had my GT for about 3 months now. Recently the AC buttons looked “off”. Upon closer inspection I noted that parts of the overlying plastic (?) coating have broken off. I don’t have kids and don’t treat the car in a rough fashion. It’s only ever washed / detailed by my longtime mobile detailer (same guy every time) and my suspicion is that a loop of microfiber cloth is catching raised portions of the plastic and causing them to split off.

I wonder if customer service would replace them as it looks less than fetching.

332B21EF-5129-4FD3-996C-67562E78342C.jpeg

34244996-AB7A-4614-9CC8-F189F6B159D7.jpeg

I have had my GT for about 3 months now. Recently the AC buttons looked “off”. Upon closer inspection I noted that parts of the overlying plastic (?) coating have broken off. I don’t have kids and don’t treat the car in a rough fashion. It’s only ever washed / detailed by my longtime mobile detailer (same guy every time) and my suspicion is that a loop of microfiber cloth is catching raised portions of the plastic and causing them to split off.

View attachment 10279

View attachment 10278
I’m sure service will be glad to replace the buttons.

View attachment 10279

View attachment 10278
I had the same issue with my M. Awaiting a mobile technician to replace the button now.

Those buttons are really cheap. They still have not replaced mine yet and it has been 10
Months. Time to send them a reminder. Good luck with the replacement. They had told
Me they were a hard to procure part and this were first allocated to new builds.

Back