RESOLVED AC blowing hot air

I am in Vegas and it has been 110 degrees for a week. The car is undriveable it is so hot. It is back in Service but the 2023 loaner they gave me is the same. Even precooling for 45 min interior goes from 155 to 90. Drive 40 miles home and in low 80's. Loaner I can't precool because no app access and 120 when you get home. Terrible, especially for a car made in Arizona and soon to be saudi...two of the hottest places on earth. Not acceptable. Service is trying but I know it is a design problem not a car problem. Just don't know what to do. My plaid was ice cold within minutes.

I am in Vegas and it has been 110 degrees for a week. The car is undriveable it is so hot. It is back in Service but the 2023 loaner they gave me is the same. Even precooling for 45 min interior goes from 155 to 90. Drive 40 miles home and in low 80's. Loaner I can't precool because no app access and 120 when you get home. Terrible, especially for a car made in Arizona and soon to be saudi...two of the hottest places on earth. Not acceptable. Service is trying but I know it is a design problem not a car problem. Just don't know what to do. My plaid was ice cold within minutes.
Is it tinted?

Is it tinted?
Yes with the very best LLUMAR nano Ceramic film on every square inch of glass 50% on roof and windshield 15% everywhere else. I just got the max AC button as well it’s good because it keeps a rear air from turning off randomly but doesn’t increase the volume of air. It’s not a problem with cold air it’s a problem with not enough air. I am 6 foot four with the seat in my comfortable position I feel zero air blowing on me I have to get my hands about seven or eight inches away from the vents to feel the air

Yes with the very best LLUMAR nano Ceramic film on every square inch of glass 50% on roof and windshield 15% everywhere else. I just got the max AC button as well it’s good because it keeps a rear air from turning off randomly but doesn’t increase the volume of air. It’s not a problem with cold air it’s a problem with not enough air. I am 6 foot four with the seat in my comfortable position I feel zero air blowing on me I have to get my hands about seven or eight inches away from the vents to feel the air
Yeah best way to describe it’s not a puff of air blowing in your face it’s more like designed to cool down car over time making the precool really important. I am surprised with precool only 90 degree

Yeah best way to describe it’s not a puff of air blowing in your face it’s more like designed to cool down car over time making the precool really important. I am surprised with precool only 90 degree
I hope lucid implements cabin over heat protector so the car proactively turn ac on to keep it from going to say 100

It is because it is so hot here even with the tent the car is getting to almost 160° after sitting for a few hours. The Tesla has the overheat protection so when it gets over 100 it turns the AC on and will not let the car get over 100°

It is because it is so hot here even with the tent the car is getting to almost 160° after sitting for a few hours. The Tesla has the overheat protection so when it gets over 100 it turns the AC on and will not let the car get over 100°
Yeah that 160 temp is a point of no return. I myself have not seen that 160 temp though highest I saw was 130. I have xpel prime plus XR

Yeah that 160 temp is a point of no return. I myself have not seen that 160 temp though highest I saw was 130. I have xpel prime plus XR
This does give me an idea. I wonder if cabin over heat could be automated by just waking the car up on the phone and running the ac to set temp.
I would need to know all the back end API Lucid is using not sure if anyone has scraped their network or code.

My problem is I play golf almost every day so the car sitting outside for four or five hours just baking
Genuine question: have you tried cracking the windows? Does it help?

My problem is I play golf almost every day so the car sitting outside for four or five hours just baking
One thing to check on your settings always make sure you have circulate on not auto copy my settings if needed.

IMG_9244.jpeg

I take that back. Maybe auto is better??
I need to read

IMG_9249.jpeg

I was in Palm Springs the other day, it was 120 out. The air-conditioning was doing fine. We have had other reports here on the forum that folks needed their refrigerant recharged. Did they check that?

I take that back. Maybe auto is better??
I need to read

View attachment 13657
Interesting, never thought about that. Here's what ChatGPT says:

Recirculation mode is useful when the inside of the car is already at a comfortable temperature or when you want to block outside odors or pollutants. However, when the interior is excessively hot, it's better to follow these steps for faster cooling:

1. Open Windows: Before turning on the air conditioning, open all the windows for a short period to let out the extremely hot air trapped inside the car. This will help reduce the initial temperature quickly.
  2. Turn on A/C in Fresh Air Mode: After a minute or so, close the windows and turn on the air conditioning in fresh air mode. Fresh air mode brings in outside air, and since the outside air is likely cooler than the inside temperature, it will help to lower the temperature inside the car.
  3. Lower the Temperature Gradually: Set the A/C temperature to its lowest setting and increase the fan speed to its highest level. As the interior cools down, you can gradually adjust the temperature and fan speed to a comfortable level.
  4. Switch to Recirculation Mode: Once the interior temperature has dropped to a more comfortable level, you can switch to recirculation mode to maintain the cooler air and improve energy efficiency.

Interesting, never thought about that. Here's what ChatGPT says:

Recirculation mode is useful when the inside of the car is already at a comfortable temperature or when you want to block outside odors or pollutants. However, when the interior is excessively hot, it's better to follow these steps for faster cooling:

1. Open Windows: Before turning on the air conditioning, open all the windows for a short period to let out the extremely hot air trapped inside the car. This will help reduce the initial temperature quickly.
  2. Turn on A/C in Fresh Air Mode: After a minute or so, close the windows and turn on the air conditioning in fresh air mode. Fresh air mode brings in outside air, and since the outside air is likely cooler than the inside temperature, it will help to lower the temperature inside the car.
  3. Lower the Temperature Gradually: Set the A/C temperature to its lowest setting and increase the fan speed to its highest level. As the interior cools down, you can gradually adjust the temperature and fan speed to a comfortable level.
  4. Switch to Recirculation Mode: Once the interior temperature has dropped to a more comfortable level, you can switch to recirculation mode to maintain the cooler air and improve energy efficiency.
Now does the lucid software do most of this turning off and on for us ? I know it says auto but what does auto mean

Now does the lucid software do most of this turning off and on for us ? I know it says auto but what does auto mean
It means it automatically turns it on and off.

Back