Outstanding diagnostic and repair work by Lucid Mobile Tech Frank Collins

m1match

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I live in San Diego and my Lucid Mobile Tech, Frank Collins, is absolutely outstanding. I have had a persistent creak in the dashboard area since I picked up my Air Touring in December which has only gotten worse with time. There was a noticeable creak coming from what sounded like somewhere in the center dashboard area. The creak was audible on smooth and rough road surfaces and was there in cold and warm temperatures. I called Customer Care to set up a service call and received a call back from Trevor at the Costa Mesa Service Center. Trevor told me that it was almost a certainty that I would need to bring my vehicle to their service center for diagnosis and repair, but he was willing to have Frank do a mobile service call first.

Frank came to my house, took a drive with me and heard the persistent creak. Frank then got to work trying to isolate the cause of the creak and amazingly he found it was loose bolts on the left and right triangulation bars in the center area just forward of the windshield. After torquing them to spec, the creaking noises have now disappeared completely and save me and Lucid the time and expense of having to take my vehicle from San Diego to Costa Mesa. The triangulation bars are aluminum diagonal cross braces that are just forward of the windshield in the center. To get to them you have to remove the windshield wipers, remove the access panel forward of the windshield wipers, and remove the plastic panels under the access panel. The triangulation bars run between the coolant tanks that are there forward of the windshield. It took a lot of work to first determine that the sound wasn't coming from anywhere inside the vehicle, then removing all the stuff to get to the cross braces and I cannot thank Frank enough for his skill and dedication to get the job done.

Cross my fingers, but other than a few annoying software glitches that the current operating system has fixed, driving my Lucid (which now has almost 6000 miles on it) has been a seamless and fun experience. I did get rear ended the day I picked up the car, but it got fixed well and since then it's been smooth. The recent software update to 2.1.10 went smoothly and I really like the Max AC button and being able to turn auto lock off (I left auto unlock on).

Sorry to hear that you got rear ended… you are absolutely right, the service technicians are very knowledgeable; I had one diagnosed and repaired my driver side door; it would not close without slamming it. We currently have over 10K of miles on our beautiful automobile.

I did get rear ended the day I picked up the car
I would cry lol. Especially as this was my first hefty priced car.

But glad it's all fixed and I agree! James here in Utah is also extremely knowledgeable and diligent. Can't say enough great things about him

Back