2.4.x OTA

For the long timers here, did the 2.4.4 release rollout seem different? To me normally the rollout seems random as to which vehicles get it. This 2.4.4 seemed to start with GT's, then move to Tourings and finally to Pures.

For the long timers here, did the 2.4.4 release rollout seem different? To me normally the rollout seems random as to which vehicles get it. This 2.4.4 seemed to start with GT's, then move to Tourings and finally to Pures.
It sure seems to be that way, other than the fact that the Pure RWD seems to be higher in the hierarchy than the Pure AWD. Also, what on earth ever happened with that early OTA release program that a bunch of us signed up for?

I second that opinion that this time around it feels there is some pattern to it GT, Touring, Pure RWD, Pure AWD. Previously it was more random and I would get a release much sooner. This time around since it was announced on 9/7, I had to wait until 9/26 to get it. It was directly from 2.3.10 to 2.4.4 update. So far I didn't notice any issues with the release knock, knock. This weekend I will try to calibrate HA and see if the LCA works.

My Touring is still on 2.3.10

Yesterday, I couldn't connect to the car via the app. while at my house it said vehicle disconnected. Then at the golf course, it just wouldn't connect. When I got into the car after golf, the update was pending. I did the install last night and this morning, it connected quicker than it ever has in the past. I've noticed this behavior in Windows, if there's a system update pending it can cause some strange behavior. I'm just hoping the quick connect is real, as this has been one of my pet peeves (along with no Android Auto).

On a different note, in case others have the problem, I had noticed that my Pilot Panel didn't always respond to a press, sometimes having to repeat it multiple times. I did a software reboot and the problem went away.

It sure seems to be that way, other than the fact that the Pure RWD seems to be higher in the hierarchy than the Pure AWD. Also, what on earth ever happened with that early OTA release program that a bunch of us signed up for?
I have a 23 GT and still on 2.3.10. I don't think the rollout has anything to with model

I read somewhere that with this update you see your car picture on the pilot panel. Is that correct as I don’t see my car. I just see a generic silver Air picture like before.

Not sure if it is true in all cases but yes I do see my car on the front dash in its correct color. I have 2.4.3 and everything is again working fine just as it did on 2.4.0.

I got 2.4.4 downloaded on Tuesday, but I have not seen the car color change. Though it is not important, but wanted to make sure I was not mistaken in reading that.

You are probably not going to like hearing this, @borski, but is this the time to be tying up your customer service center, and a loaner, with your LCA problem? It's a non-critical new feature, and the problem has just about GOT to be software-related.... which is certainly not in a service center's wheelhouse. I thought you top brass preached patience.
The service call was likely initiated by Lucid to diagnose the issue. Same with my car, which is in service right now for the side/pillar camera errors. I notified CC originally to just add my name to the list so they knew a bunch of people had it. They then referred me to Beverly Hills, who wanted to look at it. I was heading to LA anyway, so they squeezed me in and got me a loaner. I don't think it's a waste of anyone's time or resources.

The service call was likely initiated by Lucid to diagnose the issue. Same with my car, which is in service right now for the side/pillar camera errors. I notified CC originally to just add my name to the list so they knew a bunch of people had it. They then referred me to Beverly Hills, who wanted to look at it. I was heading to LA anyway, so they squeezed me in and got me a loaner. I don't think it's a waste of anyone's time or resources.
That would be a plausible response, but it's still a baffling situation to me. I don't know about your area, but forum members using other service centers, such as Dallas, frequently report having to wait an extraordinary amount of time to get their car in to fix debilitating problems. Chasing software fixes doesn't seem like it should be a service center's priority at this point in the roll-out, unless the software problem is causing a serious safety issue. Lane Change Assist is not such an issue.

That would be a plausible response, but it's still a baffling situation to me. I don't know about your area, but forum members using other service centers, such as Dallas, frequently report having to wait an extraordinary amount of time to get their car in to fix debilitating problems. Chasing software fixes doesn't seem like it should be their priority at this point in the roll-out, unless the software problem is causing a serious safety issue.
Have you considered the alternative that the issue is hardware related and the reason these vehicles were pulled in quickly were to diagnose whether it was software vs hardware for future issues with other customers?

That would be a plausible response, but it's still a baffling situation to me. I don't know about your area, but forum members using other service centers, such as Dallas, frequently report having to wait an extraordinary amount of time to get their car in to fix debilitating problems. Chasing software fixes doesn't seem like it should be a service center's priority at this point in the roll-out, unless the software problem is causing a serious safety issue. Lane Change Assist is not such an issue.
What @hydbob said. The service visit was at the request of the engineers. The service center wasn't just trying to fix my cameras on their own.

I wish that were true. My GT is still at 2.3.10

Have you considered the alternative that the issue is hardware related and the reason these vehicles were pulled in quickly were to diagnose whether it was software vs hardware for future issues with other customers?

Yes, I have. Applied probability analysis used to be my life, and I just can't get there. That said, for obvious reasons, I regret having made the observation in the first place.

You are probably not going to like hearing this, @borski, but is this the time to be tying up your customer service center, and a loaner, with your LCA problem? It's a non-critical new feature, and the problem has just about GOT to be software-related.... which is certainly not in a service center's wheelhouse. I thought you top brass preached patience.
I did not ask for them to. I would’ve been perfectly happy waiting. I agree with you that LCA, a new feature, is not in and of itself a critical issue.

It isn’t necessarily a software problem. This update uncovered a number of hardware issues as it seems to actually be using all the hardware and sensors for the first time, meaning latent issues are no longer latent.

My car is being used to uncover and root cause specific issues, which helps Lucid. Service isn’t sitting there writing code; the engineers are.

For the record, my original appointment was later. They asked me to bring it in sooner so they could assess it for future vehicles.

This is correct.

I did not ask for them to. I would’ve been perfectly happy waiting. I agree with you that LCA, a new feature, is not in and of itself a critical issue.

It isn’t necessarily a software problem. This update uncovered a number of hardware issues as it seems to actually be using all the hardware and sensors for the first time, meaning latent issues are no longer latent.

My car is being used to uncover and root cause specific issues, which helps Lucid. Service isn’t sitting there writing code; the engineers are.

For the record, my original appointment was later. They asked me to bring it in sooner so they could assess it for future vehicles.

This is correct.

I stand corrected.

I’m not sure about others but my LCA is suddenly working. and it correlates to my car no longer being offline on the mobile app. Coincidence? Hmm 🤷‍♂️

Back