2.4.x OTA

Anyone have this happen with the new update?? Happens after 20 mins of listening on Tidal.

IMG_6500.webp

Apple Maps is what I saw in the forum. I am still on 2.3.10.
I wonder if that’s a limitation of CarPlay? Only sending Apple Maps info to the native infotainment system. My last car would only show upcoming turns in the display during CarPlay use when Apple Maps was providing directions.

I have been on 2.4.2 for several days. Updated to 2.4.3 this morning but there were no release notes. Does anyone know what changed?
I was on 2.4.2. I just got 2.4.3 as well. I am not sure, but I believe it to be some defect corrections with earlier 2.4.x releases. I am following several defects, but only about 6 or 7 impacted me. Tomorrow, I will have a chance to see what has cleared up for me and post the improvements.

Went for a test drive after the update from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3: lost Lane Change Assist functionality and the car would not recalibrate to enable it.

Went for a test drive after the update from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3: lost Lane Change Assist functionality and the car would not recalibrate to enable it.
I am waiting for lane change assist. All my side cameras are offline since 2.4.2. Prior to 2.4.x, the pillar cams were not in use, so they could have been defective out the door in 2022.

I’m also having the same issue after updating to 2.4.3. Highway Assist works but I never get the dotted lines to allow a lane change. Drove 20+ miles, not sure how much is needed for calibration but I don’t recall it taking more than that for 2.4.2

Cameras are working for me. I let Customer Service know about Lane Change Assist just as a data point.

I’m also having the same issue after updating to 2.4.3. Highway Assist works but I never get the dotted lines to allow a lane change. Drove 20+ miles, not sure how much is needed for calibration but I don’t recall it taking more than that for 2.4.2
On 2.4.2 it took about 5 miles for mine to calibrate. Didn't work today. You definitely should have had it calibrated after 20+ miles.

Did you logo reset? My LCA is working fine on 2.4.3.

I did do a logo reset shortly after installing the 2.4.3 update this morning.
The reset was for an unrelated problem I was having with my USB stick but come to figure out i was formatting the usb drive wrong. But I hadn’t tried 2.4.3 highway assist until this afternoon.

I did do a logo reset shortly after installing the 2.4.3 update this morning.
The reset was for an unrelated problem I was having with my USB stick but come to figure out i was formatting the usb drive wrong. But I hadn’t tried 2.4.3 highway assist until this afternoon.
Let your car sleep and try again. I had the same problem and let my car sleep overnight and toady the LCA dashed lines came up as soon as I activated Highway Assist.

Has anyone been asked to bring the car into service to diagnose failed OTA issues and what were the outcomes?
The CS has transferred my request to OTA team which then forwarded it to service. Service now wants the car for unknown amount of diagnostics time and maybe magically the computer will need to be replaced even though the software could just be updated with the next OTA release and everything would be fine(I can neither confirm nor deny this has happened to my Tesla out of warranty where they claim the compute is dead and wanted to charge thousands to replace the compute, but I waited for the next update and the error went away after that)
Given my car is out of warranty I am hesitant to bring it in, as the car works fine other than HA. At this point I would probably sit on it for now and bring it in if the next update 2.5.x still can't be installed.

To my surprise I was greeted with 2.4.4 update available notification when I got into the car after work. Again this 2023 Pure AWD with DDP. The car was sitting all day at a parking lot not connected to wifi. The service strength is pretty good there compared to my home. The car was showing offline most of the day while still on 2.3.10. I will try to install it later tonight.
My 2.4.4 update took a little bit over 2 hours to complete and it used around 2kwh from the battery. There were no errors during the update. I didn't have a chance to drive it but I noticed phone unlock is almost immediate using Android phone. The home link is properly showing when the front or back camera is on. 360 was working correctly. Both left and right blind spot cameras also came on without any issues. I will be doing some driving this weekend, so I will have a chance to test highway assist.

I have 2 pain points post 2.4.4 update. Hopefully they get improved in future releases @nicktwork .

1) The car wake up through the app was fast (5-10 seconds) on the first day after update. But now it is back to being slow. Sometimes takes minutes. The wake up time is my only pain point with the car since I bought it.
2) "Hey Lucid" has ways to go. While speech recognition is quite good, probably as much as Alexa (that is my experience so far), it has the following issues.
- Sometimes In have to say "Hey lucid" twice to activate, especially if some song is playing.
- It plays songs (default spotify) in a loop. Loop does not stop even when i press next on the steering wheel.
- It pauses songs for no reason, especially when I am accelerating (maybe a coincidence) or songs keep changing (but is muted) while pause sign is shown. The only way I can get of it is through a power/wake cycle.
- It cannot play my favorite songs like Alexa.

Anyone else have experienced these issues?

For the last week, I have been getting the 4 side camera error warning. This did not happen prior to 2.4.2 update. Called CC and they had me take the car in for service yesterday morning. I was notified today that they have to replace all 4 side cameras. They will not be here until next week. Strange that all 4 cameras went out only after installing 2.4.2 update?

Back