2.4.x OTA

We understand your point. I'm not being an apologist when I say that some of this shit takes time to figure out and the majority of the owners do not need to hear from Lucid exactly what is going on. Beating this same drum over and over and over will not speed up the process.
Sorry Hydro. I completely believe keeping us in the dark is more frustrating than a likely timeline. For example, if they said that in the next 3 month somewhere, they would restore smart device functionality, I would then give them time. Stripping away functions we paid for with no info as to if they intend to address it is pure Tesla play book, but I agree to the point that Tesla makes promises they never intend to fulfill. I myself have spent 2+ years as a cheerleader and an apologist on some of the forums. It may not speed up the process, but it may smooth out frustration knowing if Lucid is even listening.

I have been on 2.4.2 for several days. Updated to 2.4.3 this morning but there were no release notes. Does anyone know what changed?

No. I have found the the Lucid representatives in this forum, who are here of their own free will, have been very upfront and honest whenever they can be. They cannot always be.

Not unless strictly necessary. I can absolutely positively guarantee you not a single Lucid employee on this volunteer-run forum has any interest in being intentionally vague or unclear.

Cool. I agree. They weren’t “more clear or transparent” than Tesla, and they do have a superior hardware platform.

Agreed, although they added tons of features, so I’d say better than “decent.” You have to remember it’s the acceleration that matters, not the velocity. And the acceleration is constant or increasing. There are more updates, with more content, more frequently. That’s exactly what we want to see.

Nobody would argue this rollout has been perfect. But I will say: it’s clear to me that this is one of the first times they’re doing proper synthesis using all of the cameras and sensors. My guess is that’s why *when* it works (which it does for the majority of owners) it works fantastically, and much better than prior releases.

However, as a result of it using all of this hardware simultaneously, some vehicles may have underlying hardware issues that had never cropped up before simply because the hardware wasn’t fully being utilized before. That’s unfortunate, but fixable. Sometimes in software (perhaps they have to make an adjustment for a different camera angle or something), and sometimes in hardware (service replacing or repairing components).

And that’s before we discuss the fact that the Air parts came from many vendors, with varying levels of quality, and they are not all identical, especially in the early years.

A release like that is hard. It could have been rolled out better. But let’s give credit where it’s due: it’s a *massive* release, feature-wise.

I’m certain that what you perceive as slow is simply them not yet knowing the fault. I’m in the same boat; I’m in a loaner because my LCA won’t activate, so my car is in service for potential hardware repairs.

But this is temporary. Once the hardware issues that this crops up get fixed, it should be smoother sailing from there, hopefully.
Reasonable responses. Thank you. I would point out if they have a mixed bag of parts, they need to include the variety of parts into the testing cycle. I will say that I am in the early phases of considering other EV products. I will give it a couple of months before I do anything, but if I have a car I can't rely on, I need to consider that. I dealt with these issues in my career and I never had any release that had so much fallout. This is far below the much higher quality of other releases and less than we would expect. After weeks of diagnosis, they are taking my car in in yet another week for repairs.

Sorry Hydro. I completely believe keeping us in the dark is more frustrating than a likely timeline. For example, if they said that in the next 3 month somewhere, they would restore smart device functionality, I would then give them time. Stripping away functions we paid for with no info as to if they intend to address it is pure Tesla play book, but I agree to the point that Tesla makes promises they never intend to fulfill. I myself have spent 2+ years as a cheerleader and an apologist on some of the forums. It may not speed up the process, but it may smooth out frustration knowing if Lucid is even listening.
They never said they would restore anything. Nothing has been taken away. They substituted one voice recognition type for another. They had their reasons. They did say the next three months Aa would be coming and I am sure that they will come through on that promise. I absolutely guarantee you that Lucid is listening. Guarantee it. You just have to allow the process to continue. This is not an excuse, more of a reason: they are a small company trying very hard to succeed an d introduce new platforms. If you are interested in mature software or certain specific features, make sure that when you purchase whatever product it is it already has those features. To come here to yell into the echo chamber is not helpful.

The latest update broke the app functionality.. car Offline message is constantly ON … very frustrating!
And yes I have tried resets , force close and every other trick in the book …

The latest update broke the app functionality.. car Offline message is constantly ON … very frustrating!
I am still on 2.3.10 and frequently get the Vehicle Offline message so it is apparently not related to recent updates. Actually, I was hoping it was an indication that Lucid was uploading from / downloading to the vehicle in preparation for an update.

Delete the app and reinstall it. See if that helps. Please report back. What phone platform are you on?

They never said they would restore anything. Nothing has been taken away. They substituted one voice recognition type for another. They had their reasons. They did say the next three months Aa would be coming and I am sure that they will come through on that promise. I absolutely guarantee you that Lucid is listening. Guarantee it. You just have to allow the process to continue. This is not an excuse, more of a reason: they are a small company trying very hard to succeed an d introduce new platforms. If you are interested in mature software or certain specific features, make sure that when you purchase whatever product it is it already has those features. To come here to yell into the echo chamber is not helpful.
Bobby. tell me what AA is. I am ignorant on this term. I have long been apologizing for Lucid and would say similar things. Are you suggesting that that real honest feedback is unwelcome?

Bobby. tell me what AA is. I am ignorant on this term. I have long been apologizing for Lucid and would say similar things. Are you suggesting that that real honest feedback is unwelcome?
Android Auto

Just installed the update. Not sure if it took an hour or not. Hey Lucid works great. Better than Alexa at first check. Not sure if it was a fluke or not, but when I initiated the navigation to check it out, it wasn’t talking to me on my trip to Sam’s Club but on return trip it worked flawlessly. Came just in time for my 2400 mile round trip to New Orleans. I was hoping it showed up before we left and it did. Wish me luck .

Honest feedback is welcome by all, except at this point, I swear I've read at least 6 of your posts essentially touting the same idea within them. While technically honest feedback, it's getting to the point of spamming your thoughts.

Android Auto (CarPlay for the unwashed).

Delete the app and reinstall it. See if that helps. Please report back. What phone platform are you on?
I have the same problem. 2.4.3 in the car this afternoon. Running iOS 18 on a 16 Pro and the latest Lucid app. Offloaded the app and reinstalled. Logo reset after the update. The app is now fluctuating seemingly randomly between working and showing the vehicle offline, all while still actively connected on wifi.

Front camera properly alligned after update. Previously the front parking view cameras were mis-alligned with the center portion appearing closer to the car. This was most apparent when looking at a straight line such as a curb. This corrented itself after the update. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
The 2.4.4 update process worked with no problems. The other features work, as advertised.
Oh that’s good news - that misalignment has been bugging me in my GT. 2.4.2 didn’t fix

ClevelandGT said:
"Front camera properly alligned after update. "

YES! So happy about this - just installed 2.4.3 and this fixed that annoying front camera misalignment that was causing me so much parking angst.

2.4.x came with Apple car play map integration into the instrument cluster. Does anyone know which specific map app is integrated? I used google maps today but did not get any information in my instrument cluster.

2.4.x came with Apple car play map integration into the instrument cluster. Does anyone know which specific map app is integrated? I used google maps today but did not get any information in my instrument cluster.
Apple Maps is what I saw in the forum. I am still on 2.3.10.

Back