Xpel Stealth? Badass or a bad mistake?

1. Correct, they’ll cut holes for the sensors.
2. I’m not sure but I can’t see why they wouldn’t apply it; it shouldn’t affect the sensors.

You’ll be great with OCDetailing. They did a great job.
Another n00b question - for the STEK Dynoshield PPF that is listed on OCDetailing's website, it looks like PPF already has hydrophobic coating and an ultra-gloss finish. Why would I want another ceramic coating on top of that?

Another n00b question - for the STEK Dynoshield PPF that is listed on OCDetailing's website, it looks like PPF already has hydrophobic coating and an ultra-gloss finish. Why would I want another ceramic coating on top of that?
I emailed an STEK installer at some point and he recommended putting ceramic on top because the built in ceramic is not as good as the actual coating, so coating it adds even more hydrophobicity to make it easier to clean.

Think of how shiny your car looks with a fresh wax. A ceramic coat gives you that look everytime you wash it without having to wax it.

Think of how shiny your car looks with a fresh wax. A ceramic coat gives you that look everytime you wash it without having to wax it.
IF you want that high glossy/shiny look. You might not want that, in which case the PPF is sufficiently hydrophobic to ease cleaning.

IF you want that high glossy/shiny look. You might not want that, in which case the PPF is sufficiently hydrophobic to ease cleaning.
That's also true, you can actually matte out the whole car too. Looks good in white

I emailed an STEK installer at some point and he recommended putting ceramic on top because the built in ceramic is not as good as the actual coating, so coating it adds even more hydrophobicity to make it easier to clean.
I think this is just the answer that makes the installer more money I disagree with his perspective. The hydrophobic coating on the PPF is outstanding and is as good as it gets.

I got a quote from my local shop and they are using Kavaca from ceramic pro and they absolutely love it. I’ll be doing a matte PPF on the entire car with it once I take delivery.

which brand do you recommend?
I buy XPEL these days - both for the film, ceramic coating and their XR Plus tint.

I find these products are all near identical, and in practice the best thing to do is select the best installer. That is where the differentiation is.

I got a quote from my local shop and they are using Kavaca from ceramic pro and they absolutely love it. I’ll be doing a matte PPF on the entire car with it once I take delivery.
I talked to a Ceramic Pro rep, and even though Kavaca has ceramic built in, the rep said that it doesn't perform as well as separate installs. It's also really expensive comparatively, which is why I went with PPF + Ceramic instead of Kavaca

I talked to a Ceramic Pro rep, and even though Kavaca has ceramic built in, the rep said that it doesn't perform as well as separate installs. It's also really expensive comparatively, which is why I went with PPF + Ceramic instead of Kavaca
I was quoted $7500 for the entire vehicle in Kavaca - again, just going off what the installer has experienced, they are very pleased with the oerformance.

I was quoted $7500 for the entire vehicle in Kavaca - again, just going off what the installer has experienced, they are very pleased with the oerformance.
That's not bad actually, though XPEL Ultimate will run you around 6k and Ceramic the entire car would run you around 1500-2k. Close

Definitely close enough that I felt comfortable to give it a shot, so hopefully I like it haha, we shall see in a few months

I’ve had Xpel applied to two vehicles. The actual product is excellent. The problem is finding someone who applies it properly. On my first application I found a independent fellow who came by himself to my house and spent a whole day prepping the paint and then applying the Expel. When I traded the car in three years later the Xpel was still in perfect shape.

My second application was done by a “high end shop” that caters to 200k- million dollar cars and even climate control stores expensive cars. I walked through their storage inventory and saw cars I had only seen pictures of in the past and was bowled over. Unfortunately the job they did was great at first but after two years I have had 15-20 places near edges of the Xpel that has come loose or bubbled up. Go figure…..

I’ve had Xpel applied to two vehicles. The actual product is excellent. The problem is finding someone who applies it properly. On my first application I found a independent fellow who came by himself to my house and spent a whole day prepping the paint and then applying the Expel. When I traded the car in three years later the Xpel was still in perfect shape.

My second application was done by a “high end shop” that caters to 200k- million dollar cars and even climate control stores expensive cars. I walked through their storage inventory and saw cars I had only seen pictures of in the past and was bowled over. Unfortunately the job they did was great at first but after two years I have had 15-20 places near edges of the Xpel that has come loose or bubbled up. Go figure…..
Yea, the edge wrapping is where you get all the bubbles and lifting up. Some edges are easier to wrap than others especially on certain cars as well.

Attachments

• A5E6BC30-2866-453B-B971-D24D912692FD.jpeg
    A5E6BC30-2866-453B-B971-D24D912692FD.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 211
Back