Preparing for PPF, ceramics, etc...

https://totaldetailingpa.com/helpful-links/

This is our buyers guide. It might be helpful for you to look through this information. None of what I have written on our website is meant to sell this to you but only help you to understand what each product does and why it's a good idea.

PPF has an 8-12 year warranty against yellowing, cracking, bubbling, etc.

You applying touch up paint will eventually begin to look horrible. They need built up and wet sanding to look good. EVENTUALLY you'll have enough that it looks like you're driving around with pimples on the car. Not a great look.

What happens when you repaint a car? The paint doesn't match. The insurance cut rate job usually is bare minimum and it looks horrible AND it devalues your vehicle when you've had body work attached to your VIN.

To maintain your PPF and coatings, you visit your certified installer once a year for a check up - it's usually $200-$300 and includes a base detail. The goal to address issues before they get too far along, if any at all.

If you take care of the car and don't abuse it, you'll have no need to replace that film.

If you need some guidance or help picking a shop, send me a DM and we can set up a time to talk. I can give you real information without all the cloudy misinformation by people who have never had it and don't understand what these things do and don't do.
I pm'ed you. Thanks

Back