Preparing for PPF, ceramics, etc...

Has anyone done a stealth wrap for the planitinum/silver color on the edges,mirrors and on the front for a Zenith Red car? If so could you please share some images. I am planning to do a Full PPF and also do wrap on the silver/platinum edges and wanted to see some pics and decide what would look better with a ZR. Thank you in advance!
Hello Mario with Ironclad Paint Protection & Coatings.
We are actually receiving a Zenith Red Lucid for Paint Protection sometime this week. We have some scrap pieces of stealth if you'd like could do some smaller pieces to show you how it could look

Hello Mario with Ironclad Paint Protection & Coatings.
We are actually receiving a Zenith Red Lucid for Paint Protection sometime this week. We have some scrap pieces of stealth if you'd like could do some smaller pieces to show you how it could look
Hi Mario. I live in Tampa, FL. Are you in Tampa?

Just had Xpel PPF full front and ceramic on PPF, paint, and that big beautiful window here in San Diego. Looks good. Trying to give it time to “cure” before getting wet to see the hydrophobic effects. So far, feels like a well done ceramic coating and the PPF looks good.

Has anyone done a stealth wrap for the planitinum/silver color on the edges,mirrors and on the front for a Zenith Red car? If so could you please share some images. I am planning to do a Full PPF and also do wrap on the silver/platinum edges and wanted to see some pics and decide what would look better with a ZR. Thank you in advance!
Not quite stealth but its matte dark grey vinyl. We have a Zenith Red here at the shop if you'd like i can do a sample piece on it so you can see it
View attachment DSC06419.jpgView attachment DSC06410.jpgView attachment DSC06405.jpg
Not quite stealth

is there any regions on the car that we have to tell the detailer to NOT TINT or NOT cover with ceramic coating or NOT do PPF inorder to avoide to not degrade camera , sensors, radar and LiDAR?
the folks at Lucid customer care said to avoid the area around the rear view mirror (it's big area on the windshield right in the middle.

I plan to do expl cermaic coating and tint

1. A FULL CERAMIC TINT-

Tint Package is sold outside of the package fo
In Xpel-PrimeXR+ with
98-99%

2. PAINT PROTECTION FILM (Ppf)

Full PPF wrap on your entire front clip includes:
Full bumper, full hood, fenders, lights, and mirrors.

In XPEL-Ultimate plus Which comes with a
10-Year Warranty from Xpel.com

3. FULL BODY
CERAMIC COATING -
We ceramic coat your entire Tesla's exterior paint using *FUSION by XPEL

There isn't anything out of the ordinary in regards to PPF/detail. A reputable PPF/detail shop knows how to deal with PPF on these cars. Regarding the windshield tint, I know that it required some disassembly and that trying to do it without disassembly was a complete nightmare. We just did a Air Touring in full body MATTE.

paint protection film clear bra PPF pottstown pa-06.jpg

paint protection film clear bra PPF pottstown pa-50.jpg

lucid matte ppf paint protection pa-01.jpg

lucid matte ppf paint protection pa-25.jpg

lucid matte ppf paint protection pa-22.jpg

Ok so this may be heresy but given it’s a lease I’m not inclined to go for pro PPF or Ceamic. Is there a DIY option for ceramic spray that I could use? I’m in NorCal and my car is black.

Ok so this may be heresy but given it’s a lease I’m not inclined to go for pro PPF or Ceamic. Is there a DIY option for ceramic spray that I could use? I’m in NorCal and my car is black.

Most "spray" coatings are simply low-quality products and do not hold up. If you wanted a "spray coating" you could do Gyeon CanCoat or Gtechniq C2V3 but these only have a lifespan of about 6 months. You could get a 2-3 coating for $800-$1000 somewhere from a professional shop.

Most "spray" coatings are simply low-quality products and do not hold up. If you wanted a "spray coating" you could do Gyeon CanCoat or Gtechniq C2V3 but these only have a lifespan of about 6 months. You could get a 2-3 coating for $800-$1000 somewhere from a professional shop.
How's the low-qualtiy stuff hold up if you just apply it after every wash?

I had my entire car done with Suntek Reaction PPF. It is suppose to have ceramic coating built in. Afterwards I did not feel my paint was slick or glossy enough. Therefore, I went to my old reliable P&S Bead Maker and now the car shines with a lot of gloss and is slick to touch. It only lasts a couple months but whenever I wash the car I use it as a drying agent which keeps the slickness and gloss. It's also very easy to use spray on, wipe off and buff.

I doubt he has experience with the consumer grade spray coatings. What I’ve experienced with Griots Garage and Adams Polish sprays is if you garage the car, it will last a good amount of time but left outside, maybe 4 to 6 months. I applied 3 coats of Adams advanced spray to my daughter’s car garaged in Seattle 14 months ago and it’s holding on…water still beads but definitely not as well. If she used a ceramic boost spray every 3 months or so, I think the protection would last for years.

I used Griots on another daughter’s car along with my wife’s. Daughter’s car is parked in driveway and protection lasted less than 6 months but my wife’s garaged car still shows some beading at 16 months but definitely needs polishing and reapplication (2 coats on both). YMMV.

Griots application is like a ceramic boost spray - spray, spread, wipe off. Do that every 6 months or so and I think you’ll be good and you won’t spend much time or money. If you park it outside in the sun a lot, do it every 3 months. Adams is a more complicated and time consuming process.

I had my entire car done with Suntek Reaction PPF. It is suppose to have ceramic coating built in. Afterwards I did not feel my paint was slick or glossy enough. Therefore, I went to my old reliable P&S Bead Maker and now the car shines with a lot of gloss and is slick to touch. It only lasts a couple months but whenever I wash the car I use it as a drying agent which keeps the slickness and gloss. It's also very easy to use spray on, wipe off and buff.

Paint Protection Film, even ones that are "ceramic coated" do not replace traditional coatings. The top coat is infused with ceramic particles to add rigidity and boost gloss. They do not add any slickness. Film manufacturers use that as a marketing gimmick. They all do it.

Simply put - if someone is selling you PPF as "ceramic coated" or "not needing ceramic coating" - they are simply cutting corners on educating you as to what the ceramic particles in the film do and don't do just to get you to buy.

I've been reading up on ppf and ceramic coating, and its my understanding that most people get both done. I also understand that for long term results you have to maintain the ppf/ceramic every two to three years and then the ppf could last 5-10 years?
How much does the maintenance cost on average? I'm considering applying only a ceramic coat and buffing up chips annually if/when they appear. Do you see a problem with this approach? Seeing that ppf still gets affected by rock chips and will have to be redone if/when that happens.
On a dream edition of 170k this may work but on a 100k touring, I'm wondering if 7k-10k every 5years is worth it.
For those that did not put ppf/ceramic coating what was your reasoning?
Apologies for the long message, but I'm getting my touring soon, have no experience with paint protection but will love my paint to look good and last

I've been reading up on ppf and ceramic coating, and its my understanding that most people get both done. I also understand that for long term results you have to maintain the ppf/ceramic every two to three years and then the ppf could last 5-10 years?
How much does the maintenance cost on average? I'm considering applying only a ceramic coat and buffing up chips annually if/when they appear. Do you see a problem with this approach? Seeing that ppf still gets affected by rock chips and will have to be redone if/when that happens.
On a dream edition of 170k this may work but on a 100k touring, I'm wondering if 7k-10k every 5years is worth it.
For those that did not put ppf/ceramic coating what was your reasoning?
Apologies for the long message, but I'm getting my touring soon, have no experience with paint protection but will love my paint to look good and last
https://totaldetailingpa.com/helpful-links/

This is our buyers guide. It might be helpful for you to look through this information. None of what I have written on our website is meant to sell this to you but only help you to understand what each product does and why it's a good idea.

PPF has an 8-12 year warranty against yellowing, cracking, bubbling, etc.

You applying touch up paint will eventually begin to look horrible. They need built up and wet sanding to look good. EVENTUALLY you'll have enough that it looks like you're driving around with pimples on the car. Not a great look.

What happens when you repaint a car? The paint doesn't match. The insurance cut rate job usually is bare minimum and it looks horrible AND it devalues your vehicle when you've had body work attached to your VIN.

To maintain your PPF and coatings, you visit your certified installer once a year for a check up - it's usually $200-$300 and includes a base detail. The goal to address issues before they get too far along, if any at all.

If you take care of the car and don't abuse it, you'll have no need to replace that film.

If you need some guidance or help picking a shop, send me a DM and we can set up a time to talk. I can give you real information without all the cloudy misinformation by people who have never had it and don't understand what these things do and don't do.

Only you can make the decision if it is worth it. Personally I would not hesitate on a 100K car. I just picked up my AGT after a wrap and coating this week. I know nothing about the wraps other than the initial out lay is significant. I know that they warranty the wraps and from the previous vendor entry they maintain it for a relatively acceptable price. If the wrap even meets half my expectations it will be worth it. Bird droppings and other day to day paint finish detractors are more than a nuisance they damage the vehicles finish if not NOTICED and addressed immediately. I hope the PPF was worth it. Only time will tell. I will say that the AGT looks better than when I received it. I have a little Hyundai Kona and am considering having it wrapped.

Did anyone ever use Impero Motorsport in LA? They said they have done 3 Lucid's. Would love some 1st hand feedback. I am going to go with Full PPF and ceramic coating. Thousand Oaks and OC are alittle further away, so hoping to find a place closer to West LA with experience and good feedback. Thanks!

I backed out. I did not know how Lucid would respond if I had issues with something involving wheels or brakes regarding warranty. I know they do not disconnect anything. All the do is remove the caliber and coat it. They do not disconnect anything. This is at least what Eastside Auto Salon does. They outsource it to get it done. I really wanted my to be blue and ceramic coated.

Back