Xpel Stealth? Badass or a bad mistake?

We had ours fully wrapped in LLumar Valor. It’s beautiful and well worth it. Took about a week and has a 12 year warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 305
@stealthpilot , thanks so much. It’s 10 minutes from my house in Florida. Assume you’ve used them before?
Yes I lived in Miami for 15 years and I used these guys a few times since we didn't have great shops in MIA. The first time, I bought a car from an ATL dealer and had the PPF done up there to drive down. Was a disaster and I had these guys redo it. Was immaculate.

Yes I lived in Miami for 15 years and I used these guys a few times since we didn't have great shops in MIA. The first time, I bought a car from an ATL dealer and had the PPF done up there to drive down. Was a disaster and I had these guys redo it. Was immaculate.
Great to hear. Thanks so much. Will give them a call next week. Hoping for delivery in March since VIN assigned earlier this week. If you think I should use your name, please DM me.

Great to hear. Thanks so much. Will give them a call next week. Hoping for delivery in March since VIN assigned earlier this week. If you think I should use your name, please DM me.
Not necessary. I left South Florida 6 years ago.

Questions for folks who have done PPF + Ceramic coating:
1. I believe the sensors around the car are not wrapped? FYI.. plan on using OCDetailing in Fremont. I know there are at least two people on this forum who have had their DEs wrapped there.
2. For the ceramic coating, is it applied on top of the sensors? Does it matter? Does it affect the sensors in any way?

1. I believe the sensors around the car are not wrapped? FYI.. plan on using OCDetailing in Fremont. I know there are at least two people on this forum who have had their DEs wrapped there.
2. For the ceramic coating, is it applied on top of the sensors? Does it matter? Does it affect the sensors in any way?

1. Correct, they’ll cut holes for the sensors.
2. I’m not sure but I can’t see why they wouldn’t apply it; it shouldn’t affect the sensors.

You’ll be great with OCDetailing. They did a great job.

Mine didn’t even cut holes for the sensors. Just went right over them. I got the PPF with ceramic built in so I didn’t have to pay for both. Looks and works great!

Mine didn’t even cut holes for the sensors. Just went right over them. I got the PPF with ceramic built in so I didn’t have to pay for both. Looks and works great!
what's the name of PPF with ceramic built-in?

noob question - what exactly does ceramic do here? i understand the purpose of PPF (thin plastic film) but what does ceramic do on top of that?

noob question - what exactly does ceramic do here? i understand the purpose of PPF (thin plastic film) but what does ceramic do on top of that?
I know the ceramic pro kavaca is a ppf with ceramic built in. Ceramic keeps your ppf or paint from discolor due to bird crap. Also makes it hydrophobic so it's easier to keep clean and it's supposed to protect against UV which will dull your paint color over time.

I know STEK makes PPF with ceramic built in:

They have a matte option too.

I know the ceramic pro kavaca is a ppf with ceramic built in. Ceramic keeps your ppf or paint from discolor due to bird crap. Also makes it hydrophobic so it's easier to keep clean and it's supposed to protect against UV which will dull your paint color over time.

I know STEK makes PPF with ceramic built in:

They have a matte option too.
thanks. bookmarking this for later when i get my car.

in the other thread @Alex mentioned ClearGuard Alpha and looking at a youtube video, it self heals which is interesting.

in the other thread @Alex mentioned ClearGuard Alpha and looking at a youtube video, it self heals which is interesting.
Pretty much all good PPF these days self heal in the sun

I used LLumar Valor. Ceramic just makes it shinier and easier to clean.

Back