Xpel Stealth? Badass or a bad mistake?

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
Has anyone been considering Xpel Stealth total cover for their Lucid? I believe @Neurio and @FFT have posted on another thread that they are considering that.

If you've considered it, could you let me know the pros and cons behind your thinking beyond the cost factor? (But hey, what's another $10K on top of a $140K car?)

I've been thinking about it, and the line from this review sticks out in my mind: As a Tesla owner admitted, wraps are a fine line between badass and douchiness — and STEALTH falls 100% in the badass department.

However, the photos in the review don't always look the greatest. Some do look badass but others just make the car look dull. With the high paint quality of the Lucid, would I just be covering up one of its best features?

Has anyone been considering Xpel Stealth total cover for their Lucid? I believe @Neurio and @FFT have posted on another thread that they are considering that.

If you've considered it, could you let me know the pros and cons behind your thinking beyond the cost factor? (But hey, what's another $10K on top of a $140K car?)

I've been thinking about it, and the line from this review sticks out in my mind: As a Tesla owner admitted, wraps are a fine line between badass and douchiness — and STEALTH falls 100% in the badass department.

However, the photos in the review don't always look the greatest. Some do look badass but others just make the car look dull. With the high paint quality of the Lucid, would I just be covering up one of its best features?
Great question. I’ve never wrapped a car before but seriously considering it for the AGT. I’ve read all the comments on this and the other forum and are likely going to put Xpel Stealth on the car? One additional question - other than cost, why do a partial wrap? I noticed a few owners did that. Thanks.

It really comes down to what color you are getting.

As for a partial wrap, I'm only doing the full front to protect from rock chips, but door dings and stuff is not preventable nor is keying or other such things. Doesn't seem worth the cost

The paint quality from what I've read on this forum and my experience with pre-production cars (test drive and showroom) is outstanding. My plan is XPEL Ultimate (clear) on the entire front (to the A Pillars), door edges, rocker panels, and rear trunk area. That's what I did on my Porsche Panamera and after three years only one small rock chip on the front hood that didn't penetrate the film.

I came upon Stealth while researching PPF. I've never done any paint protection on my previous vehicles, so this is all new to me. I've always liked the matte/satin look on cars (when done right) and I think it will look really good on the Quantum Gray Air. I'm not sure it would work for every color though.

I was initially debating between the Stealth and STEK Dynomatt, which has built in hydrophobic properties. The installer I contacted said it was good, but he'd still recommend ceramic coating to get better hydrophobicity. Given that, as well as the many more reviews of XPEL out there, I have decided to go ahead with Stealth. I'm planning to ceramic coat it at the same time, likely with XPEL Fusion, to get the benefits of the hydrophobic coating. You need to make sure you have a good installer though because there can be shiny spots on the wrap if the ceramic is not done well and nothing can be done about it if it happens.

FWIW, I was quoted $6500 for the full Stealth wrap and $800 for the Fusion coat.

FWIW, I was quoted $6500 for the full Stealth wrap and $800 for the Fusion coat.
That’s what I was quoted too for Xpel clear Ultimate Plus. Make sure you have them ceramic coat the wheels as it makes cleaning them very easy. You will love it.

The paint quality from what I've read on this forum and my experience with pre-production cars (test drive and showroom) is outstanding. My plan is XPEL Ultimate (clear) on the entire front (to the A Pillars), door edges, rocker panels, and rear trunk area. That's what I did on my Porsche Panamera and after three years only one small rock chip on the front hood that didn't penetrate the film.
Car is currently being wrapped, XPEL ultimate full front, door edges, rear bumper and coated with opti-coat pro plus. Also getting full tint and well with 3M crystalline. 70 front half and 50 back half. Total is going to be roughly 6k

Car is currently being wrapped, XPEL ultimate full front, door edges, rear bumper and coated with opti-coat pro plus. Also getting full tint and well with 3M crystalline. 70 front half and 50 back half. Total is going to be roughly 6k

I'll be interested to know if your installer cut holes around the front bumper sensors. Some have said its not necessary but the techs at Millbrae said it should be done to ensure accurate readings.

They will not, said that AFTER it fully cures they will if it messes with the sensors, but they have said, like others have told me that it shouldn't affect the sensors.

Okay I'm thinking my guy will say the same thing. How will we know for sure if it impacts the accuracy of the sensor readings?

In one of my other posts I measured the distance between spots in my garage for someone, so I have a baseline on my sensors and how they look on the screen.

In one of my other posts I measured the distance between spots in my garage for someone, so I have a baseline on my sensors and how they look on the screen.
Okay that's great! That should answer the question.

I’m very curious about this too as this‘ll be the first car I get wrapped.

Getting my DE wrapped in PPF next week. Met with the shop owner today who was concerned about the thin Air Dream Edition P emblem on the trunk and whether I could secure a replacement emblem. For anyone who has been or is preparing to wrap, has this concern been raised or encountered?

Attachments

• DE Air Emblem.jpg
    DE Air Emblem.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 281
Getting my DE wrapped in PPF next week. Met with the shop owner today who was concerned about the thin Air Dream Edition P emblem on the trunk and whether I could secure a replacement emblem. For anyone who has been or is preparing to wrap, has this concern been raised or encountered?
What type of PPF are you using and are you doing the entire car? Thanks. And is that Zenith Red?

Stek DynoShield on painted surfaces (excluding the large amount of plastic surfaces); considering black satin or gloss on the silver rooftop; not sure about adhesion on the matte side mirror hood. Yes, Zenith Red

Attachments

• Matte vs Glossy.jpg
    Matte vs Glossy.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 502
  • Black Strip_LI.jpg
    Black Strip_LI.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 481

My guy asked me the exact same thing. I had no answer heh

I'm getting mine wrapped next week too. The shop asked me about availably of the emblems, since they always remove them and replace them with new ones. I just called Lucid Scottsdale service center and they will be checking with the parts department to see if they had them in stock or how fast they could get them. Ideally, they would send the car to the PPF shop along with a set of emblems. Luckily, the PPF shop just got a Black Lucid (just for tint), so they were able to walk around and make notes about which areas will be gloss and which will be matte.

I'm getting mine wrapped next week too. The shop asked me about availably of the emblems, since they always remove them and replace them with new ones. I just called Lucid Scottsdale service center and they will be checking with the parts department to see if they had them in stock or how fast they could get them. Ideally, they would send the car to the PPF shop along with a set of emblems. Luckily, the PPF shop just got a Black Lucid (just for tint), so they were able to walk around and make notes about which areas will be gloss and which will be matte.
You're on a good streak, Alex. Just imagine when you get your DE back, everything will be working as advertised!

(Hey, hope springs eternal.)

Back