XM download

Michael Greenberg

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
I was so excited about the XM download until I tried to play it. It does "sometimes" and at other times, all my station choices are gone and it won't play.
I know that it's Beta, but maybe they should have been more sure it was going to work before they released it.

I was so excited about the XM download until I tried to play it. It does "sometimes" and at other times, all my station choices are gone and it won't play.
I know that it's Beta, but maybe they should have been more sure it was going to work before they released it.
So far it’s been working well for me.

The very purpose of beta is to iron out bugs. If you are not prepared for such bugs, don’t use it until final release.

Working well for me. But as others have said. It's beta so give it time. I applaud Lucid for getting this to us OTA as quickly as the did. I have also noticed no Alexa integration in the beta release. I would be nice to say "Alexa, play Alt Nation on SiriusXM" like you can with an Echo at home...

So far it’s been working well for me.
FWIW, I went on a four hour road trip yesterday (round trip) and I could not get SiriusXM to work. Same thing happened this morning on my way to work. Tidal worked without any issues in both cases. What I did notice is that if I played SiriusXM through my phone via bluetooth it worked fine, but interesting enough is that now I can see the album art and what is being played. Prior to this it would not show this information.

this worked for me once for about ten minutes right after the download. I lost internet connection and it has never come back. All of my other streaming services seem to work fine.

this worked for me once for about ten minutes right after the download. I lost internet connection and it has never come back. All of my other streaming services seem to work fine.
Yes, this appears to be status quo, worked immediately after initial download and then not again thereafter. The favorites, categories, etc. no longer respond when selected. You can go back to other services to listen to music. Lucid knows about it and I am sure they are scrambling to figure it out and send out another update.

It looks like it will be pretty slick once they get the kinks worked out and should work as well as any of the other apps that require some sort of cellular service connection to function.

Yes, this appears to be status quo, worked immediately after initial download and then not again thereafter. The favorites, categories, etc. no longer respond when selected. You can go back to other services to listen to music. Lucid knows about it and I am sure they are scrambling to figure it out and send out another update.

It looks like it will be pretty slick once they get the kinks worked out and should work as well as any of the other apps that require some sort of cellular service connection to function.
I wonder if they ever tested this using cellular signal or just did all the testing connected to wireless.

Back