Wind noise

I couldn’t find it. Do you mind sending me the link like I said I have an appointment but if I can check myself that would be better. Thanks.

Ask the service tech to open up the left side plastic panel in the driver’s footwell. The bass sufwoofer, or something like that, is installed there. The fix involves covering a hole on the subwoofer faceplate with some kind of tape.

That was the fix that was effected in my GT when I complained of my speakers sounding like they were “blown out”.

Ask the service tech to open up the left side plastic panel in the driver’s footwell. The bass sufwoofer, or something like that, is installed there. The fix involves covering a hole on the subwoofer faceplate with some kind of tape.

That was the fix that was effected in my GT when I complained of my speakers sounding like they were “blown out”.
There is one on each side, in each front footwell.

There is one on each side, in each front footwell.

That too. In my case opening up just the left side fixed the bass-less problem. Good thing too, according to our local mobile tech. Apparently the subwoofer in the right front footwell is decidedly more difficult to get into.

After about a thousand wonderful problem free miles I started getting some wind noise from the drivers door. you hear it as low as 30 mph and it seems to be getting worse.
An inspection shows the window no longer flush but protruding out a bit. My door skins line up perfectly but the top of the door seems to have moved up to almost to touch the roof moulding, which was not the case before. Service looked, was baffled, and will take it in to the shop to realign everything in a few weeks. But I was wondering if anyone had anything similar they had to deal with.
I have repeatedly tried to address noise on driver side window. Sounds like it’s not tightly closed. I can also feel cold air at 40 mph (on cold weather days) but cannot locate where it is coming from. Lucid is picking up the car to try and solve (again).

Same issue here - excessive wind noise, cold air and even a drop or two on extremely rainy days come through

There is supposed to be a fix for this, depending on your issue coming soon.

Does anyone hear lot of wind noise when driving above 40-50 mph ?
Not for us. Even with Nokia R5 EV snow tires my wife and I have been amazed at how quiet the cabin is; we can listen to music quietly and chat without any problem. This car is so much more refined than out 2012 Tesla Model S, noise is just one aspect of it.

I do hear a lot of wind noise. My impression is that it is real and not because the car is so quiet. My other vehicles do not seem to have as much wind noise, even correcting for background engine noise ( I know this is difficult to prove ). It seems like there are a variety of experiences so I suspect it may not be a systematic issue.

I do hear a lot of wind noise. My impression is that it is real and not because the car is so quiet. My other vehicles do not seem to have as much wind noise, even correcting for background engine noise ( I know this is difficult to prove ). It seems like there are a variety of experiences so I suspect it may not be a systematic issue.
I think you are correct that this will vary from car to car. I've been in a lot of Lucids, and I've heard varying levels of noise from car to car. None have been what I would call loud, but some were definitely quieter than others.

If you think your noise is excessive, you may want service to have a look.

I think you are correct that this will vary from car to car. I've been in a lot of Lucids, and I've heard varying levels of noise from car to car. None have been what I would call loud, but some were definitely quieter than others.

If you think your noise is excessive, you may want service to have a look.

I had them look in September and they re-aligned the doors. I am not sure if it helped.
It’s not that disruptive for me , so I will revisit it this summer. Thanks for your input.

I had them look in September and they re-aligned the doors. I am not sure if it helped.
It’s not that disruptive for me , so I will revisit it this summer. Thanks for your input.
It is quite noticeable, particularly in the winter months when I can actually feel outside air entering the cabin. It is still noisy in warmer weather. I just crank up the radio, since I mostly drive solo.
Having a passenger in the car is altogether different. We actually have to speak louder to be heard comfortably, especially with someone in the back seat. :-(

It is quite noticeable, particularly in the winter months when I can actually feel outside air entering the cabin. It is still noisy in warmer weather. I just crank up the radio, since I mostly drive solo.
Having a passenger in the car is altogether different. We actually have to speak louder to be heard comfortably, especially with someone in the back seat. :-(
If this is the case, there's definitely something wrong with your car. Have service take a look.

There's just no way it should be so loud you can't hear yourselves talk.

That seems much more prominent than my wind noise issue. Hope you are able to get it resolved .

It may either be the window positions needing to be rehomed or you need a new windshield. Get an SPL meter or just use this app https://apps.apple.com/app/id1254994873 and hold it close to the area you think you feel air entry and you should see higher dB (make sure and use dBC weighting as most NVH is low frequency). And then call service. I tested the car at 75mph on concrete road with a Galaxy CM140 SPL meter and the average noise in the car is 64dB, quieter than my prior Mercedes or my wife’s Volvo. If yours is significantly louder than that (>70dB) then service needs to check it out.

We tested two Lucids (my Dream Edition with 21" wheels and my friend's Touring with 20" wheels) with the iPhone App at 75 mph on a very deeply rain grooved cement freeway (Hwy 85) traveling in both directions. Our readings were in the 70-75 db levels. In comparison, my wife's GV60 (20" wheels with Michelin All Season tires) ran the same stretch around 68 db. We were using dB-A setting on the app. Interesting the GV60 gets more tire noise (vibrates back and forth on the deep rain grooves) but significantly less wind noise. I took a ride with a service tech last year and he said my Lucid noise level was normal. We didn't feel any drafts coming into either Lucid during the tests.

Your larger wheels may account for that. Switch the app to dBC though as a lot of the noise is often low frequency.

There are several threads and discussions around this... for me it's the no. 1 most pesky problem I have had with the car.. during winters times, it's worse cos I can feel a stream of cold air coming in making it quiet uncomfortable... service did replace my gaskets around the door but the issue persists .. I'm kinda dreading winters already and it doesn't even get that cold in Texas..

Back