Wind noise

Taking mine in for an annual service and this wind noise issue is front and center.. I'll report back on what if anything, gets done to remedy this.

So they replaced the door seals.. not sure if they're the redesigned ones or what... but I still hear wind noise... BUT I feel less air coming in through the window seal.. so the issue is better i.e. less air..but same level of wind noise...odd I know....but still not 100% resolved unfortunately... emailing them again..
From my work order...
"Corrections: Replaced the drivers door mounted seal and drivers door body mounted seal."

I’ve had my new Air GT for about three weeks, and I’ve read a lot of posts about wind noise. In some cases it seems there are specific issues, like faulty door seals, that have increased wind noise above baseline for the particular car. In my case, I think my Air GT is functioning as designed; it just has more cabin wind noise at highway speeds than my Audi A7 it replaced. I hope future iterations will be quieter, but for now, at least the Air’s sound system is better than my Audi’s!

I’ve had my new Air GT for about three weeks, and I’ve read a lot of posts about wind noise. In some cases it seems there are specific issues, like faulty door seals, that have increased wind noise above baseline for the particular car. In my case, I think my Air GT is functioning as designed; it just has more cabin wind noise at highway speeds than my Audi A7 it replaced. I hope future iterations will be quieter, but for now, at least the Air’s sound system is better than my Audi’s!

I vacillate between thinking I have excess wind noise and thinking it’s within normal limits. During my service visit this fall, the Lucid expert thought it was within normal limits, so I am sticking with that. It’s a very subjective thing. And yes, the sound system kicks ass.

I vacillate between thinking I have excess wind noise and thinking it’s within normal limits. During my service visit this fall, the Lucid expert thought it was within normal limits, so I am sticking with that. It’s a very subjective thing. And yes, the sound system kicks ass.
A lot will depend on what car you had previously. I had a Model 3, so to me the Air is downright silent. But I’m sure there are quieter cabins out there.

There also seems to be variance from one car to the next. That’s unfortunate. Likely some folks really do have issues with proper seals. I do not.

A lot will depend on what car you had previously. I had a Model 3, so to me the Air is downright silent. But I’m sure there are quieter cabins out there.

There also seems to be variance from one car to the next. That’s unfortunate. Likely some folks really do have issues with proper seals. I do not.
Exactly...couldn't agree more in that your last car defines this for you...my last one was a BMW 5-series which was darned silent and never had issues with wind or any type of NVH. Oh well...

A guy at a Lucid service center told me it's normal due to the design of the car, the glass roof, and the lack of noise inside the cabin. Problem is it's very noticeable at speeds as low as 40 miles. Has anyone actually done anything that helped eliminate or reduce the wind noise at low speeds?

A guy at a Lucid service center told me it's normal due to the design of the car, the glass roof, and the lack of noise inside the cabin. Problem is it's very noticeable at speeds as low as 40 miles. Has anyone actually done anything that helped eliminate or reduce the wind noise at low speeds?
Turn up the radio? 🤣

I have struggled with this issue , especially when temperatures are cold. I do feel like there is excessive wind noise on the driver side; and occasionally I feel excess air Some people have had the weather stripping replaced or the doors re- aligned. I had my service guy go for a ride with me and he thought it was normal noise , but at that time it was still quite warm. Not sure about this issue as opinions are mixed.

I took my first trip in the car today and yes there is a bit of noise, from the side mirror, it is hardly noticeable. for now it is a non issue

I had my GT (early build) in at the Scottsdale SC. They spent a ton of time adjusting the doors and the door frame gaps. Remarkable improvement! I still get some wind noise caused by the PPF on the mirrors. Not totally silent but sooo much better.

I had the service guy come in for the same issue. I thought I could hear wind noise from driver side. But running my hand over the area driving I felt no draft coming in. All the weather stripping looks in place and I don’t see any gaps. The service guy looked at it and said everything is normal. He said that these cars are so quiet that wind noise cannot be properly insulated off and therefore will be audible during driving. I have just become used to it after a few miles of driving. With the music on I don’t even notice it to be honest.

Yeah but my issue during winters became that it made the top left of my forehead and left ear colder than the rest of my body... cold wind became a bigger that wind noise... but after service it is better than before but not 100% gone.. I'll wear a hat during winters

Yeah but my issue during winters became that it made the top left of my forehead and left ear colder than the rest of my body... cold wind became a bigger that wind noise... but after service it is better than before but not 100% gone.. I'll wear a hat during winters
I have the same problem. It isn't so much the noise, as the cold air coming from the upper left. I'm going to try again at my next service. Hoping we can figure this out and not write it off to "the car is so quiet you're hearing things"! :p

It’s not normal. It’s horribly irritating. Service is coming back out this Friday. I have to stuff a microfiber towel into the space between the glass and door on the inside to stop it from sounding like a cat4 hurricane. Plus 40mph. Sorry that’s not ok.

Turn up the radio? 🤣
Don’t get me started on the stereo pro surreal volume is awful 3/4 up just to make it acceptable. My appointment is in 10 days but I find the stereo highly lacking overall. Not nearly as good as Burmester. hopefully there is some issue they can correct.

Don’t get me started on the stereo pro surreal volume is awful 3/4 up just to make it acceptable.
You know thats on purpose and 80 percent is equivalent to what professional studios use, right? 100 percent volume on others cars is UNUSABLE, and I applaud Lucid for lowering it.

Don’t get me started on the stereo pro surreal volume is awful 3/4 up just to make it acceptable. My appointment is in 10 days but I find the stereo highly lacking overall. Not nearly as good as Burmester. hopefully there is some issue they can correct.
It’s sounds great but it’s sooooo underpowered. Shame.

I had the same problem. There is a solution posted in this forum that you can do yourself. Made a huge difference. Bass is a lot stronger now and don’t need to crank up the volume.

I had the same problem. There is a solution posted in this forum that you can do yourself. Made a huge difference. Bass is a lot stronger now and don’t need to crank up the volume.
I couldn’t find it. Do you mind sending me the link like I said I have an appointment but if I can check myself that would be better. Thanks.

Back