Wind noise

Mobile service checked my noise issue out today and confirmed that the driver window seal needs to be replaced. Unfortunately doing so triggers the dreaded recalibration requirement, since they have to remove the side mirror (with camera) to do so. In my case that means a two day trip to Houston for recalibration even though the seal can be replaced by mobile service.

Mobile service checked my noise issue out today and confirmed that the driver window seal needs to be replaced. Unfortunately doing so triggers the dreaded recalibration requirement, since they have to remove the side mirror (with camera) to do so. In my case that means a two day trip to Houston for recalibration even though the seal can be replaced by mobile service.
Wow, Interesting to hear about the wind noise from multiple people. My GT has had this issue for a while now and the car had gone to the Houston Service but they said they could not find the source or did not think the noise is not loud enough.

I am hard of hearing and to be the car feels like a convertible 😂. They are going to replace the door panel for me and I should have take a photo there is a very flat pillow type thing that is their Noise reduction foam and it only covers the Center of the door and leaves at least 30% area uncovered. I have never seen the inside of another car door and therefore cannot compare if that is how all door foam is designed. This one is maybe 1 inch thick.

Wow, Interesting to hear about the wind noise from multiple people. My GT has had this issue for a while now and the car had gone to the Houston Service but they said they could not find the source or did not think the noise is not loud enough.

I am hard of hearing and to be the car feels like a convertible 😂. They are going to replace the door panel for me and I should have take a photo there is a very flat pillow type thing that is their Noise reduction foam and it only covers the Center of the door and leaves at least 30% area uncovered. I have never seen the inside of another car door and therefore cannot compare if that is how all door foam is designed. This one is maybe 1 inch thick.
One way to diagnose where the problem is, which is what the mobile tech did, is to take blue painter's tape (maybe 3/4" wide) and tape over various parts of the window seam (i.e. top seams where it meets the body, inner seams where the window meets the frame) and see if any of it reduces the noise. In my case the inner seam taping pretty much fixed the problem, leading to a seal replacement conclusion.

I did submitted a case with service center regarding wind noise from driver door area. I was told it could be turbulent and they will try the best effort on fixing the wind noise.

The 30% uncovered area is not necessarily anything to be concerned about. In reading up on possible noise reduction solutions for our Tesla Model X (a car that roars from wind and road noise at almost any speed), I learned from audio installers that sound deadening material does NOT have to cover an entire area to have a noticeable effect. Partial coverage will produce as much NVH reduction benefit as full coverage, and would add less weight.

I did submitted a case with service center regarding wind noise from driver door area. I was told it could be turbulent and they will try the best effort on fixing the wind noise.

My car suffers mildly from wind noise around the driver’s door and upper window. Our local service centre repositioned and retaped one of the rubber seals. It didn’t change anything.

Then I drove a Lucid Air GT loaner for a week, while my car was being worked on. Same wind noise from the same area. I decided by then that that’s just the way the car is.

All this new discussion about wind noise around the driver’s door however, is causing me to think about revisiting this area of complaint.

As I've read this thread (and felt lucky so far as to not noticing any problem in this area) I have been mentally noting that when the seat cooling is on, that fan produces quite a bit of "wind noise" (right next to the headrest). It varies by the seat fan speed, and is the loudest (relative to other road noises ;-) when the car is not moving (duh). Still, I find myself puzzling as to if some of these undiagnosed cases could be related to the seat cooling fan noise... just a thought (likely a bad one, but perhaps at least worth mention)...

Does the wind noise intermittently include a high pitch whistling sound? Almost like a tea kettle about start boiling robustly.

Drives me crazy and I can’t pin point from where it’s coming. (This not sound of the motor whine.). Seems to happen around 45mph in particular if there’s a cross end.

Same noise for me in my AT. The service center in Michigan added the foam, but still have the noise. My personal take is, it is coming form the driver side mirror that might be rattling in speed above 50mph.

Same noise for me in my AT. The service center in Michigan added the foam, but still have the noise. My personal take is, it is coming form the driver side mirror that might be rattling in speed above 50mph.
Last week the service center replaced the Nose-Lamp-Trim in the front of the hood and now wind whistling is gone. You may ask your center to check with Millbrae Studio: (
[email protected])
Cause: Confirmed customer concern. Localized noise to nose lamp trim. Found lower center nose lamp trim causing the whistling noise.
Corrections: Replaced lower center nose lamp trim and rechecked. Confirmed noise no longer present after repair.

I had wind noise from the upper front edge of the driver’s window. I figured it was normal until I was recently a passenger in the car and didn’t notice the noise on that side. I believe the seal shrinks a bit in the colder weather we’ve been having. Frank reset the window upper torque for me and it seems to have disappeared. The procedure was simple, although it did require both of us. I had the extremely difficult job of operating the window switch while Frank did the rest. With the door open, we lowered the window about halfway and then, once Frank was ready, raised it fully and continued to hold the window switch in the up position while Frank simultaneously placed his hands on the inside and outside of the glass and firmly pushed it upward for about five seconds even after it was fully closed. Voila! The idea was to retrain the window that its closed position is slightly higher. My wind noise has not returned.
Man how good is frank? I think he’s been to my house twice and I literally called lucid to tell them they have a generational tech and don’t loose him. He’s such a nice guy And knows his stuff!

I've been having this issue since owning the car but while service center agrees there is a wind sound, they did nothing about it. Now I've emailed them again to see if they can apply the nose lamp trim fix.. fingers crossed 🤞

Man how good is frank? I think he’s been to my house twice and I literally called lucid to tell them they have a generational tech and don’t loose him. He’s such a nice guy And knows his stuff!
Frank sounds like he's the Midwestern James, that guy is a legend. Glad Lucid technicians are something else!

I have always had 'some' wind noise from the driver's side window. Today, however, I drove the car in temps around 5 degrees and the wind noise was much more pronounced. I could actually feel significant cold air coming into the car around the top of the window. It seems to me this is a pretty solid indication that the seal around this window leaks when cold. Anyone know if Lucid actually has a firm/approved fix for this issue yet? I've seen a few different solutions in this forum topic, but not sure if any are actually company-endorsed.

I have always had 'some' wind noise from the driver's side window. Today, however, I drove the car in temps around 5 degrees and the wind noise was much more pronounced. I could actually feel significant cold air coming into the car around the top of the window. It seems to me this is a pretty solid indication that the seal around this window leaks when cold. Anyone know if Lucid actually has a firm/approved fix for this issue yet? I've seen a few different solutions in this forum topic, but not sure if any are actually company-endorsed.
They have a redesigned door seal.

They have a redesigned door seal.
You mean like in the newer versions? I picked up mine in Saudi a month ago, it was recently built in Jeddah. It has a very noticeable wind noise from the driver's side window at 30+mph speeds. I'm also wondering if there is an official solution. I haven't had the time yet to call Lucid service to look into.

You mean like in the newer versions? I picked up mine in Saudi a month ago, it was recently built in Jeddah. It has a very noticeable wind noise from the driver's side window at 30+mph speeds. I'm also wondering if there is an official solution. I haven't had the time yet to call Lucid service to look into.
Yes. Ask @Bobby

Hello all. Have owned my AGT for just over a year now and I'm on quest to get to the bottom of this air seepage issue (along with wind noise) I've had my vehicle at the service center various times, and 3 times they tried to address the issue with cold air entering the cabin to no avail. They've replaced various trims but never seem to "test" it before giving it back to me. At times I've felt improvement, but all it takes is for a burst of air and cold weather to remind me how bad and uncomfortable it is to drive the car in cold weather. I love driving this car - I put 26k in 1 year, but I'm starting to hate it in cold weather. Since I hate complaining and feeling powerless, I tried to do some diagnosing over the weekend.
I removed the driver door panel and drove around with a bare door and blue tape everywhere, trying to isolate the issue. I also setup a test in my garage with a shop vac blowing air toward the vehicle, directing it to different parts of the driver's side. I used thin strips of toilet paper hanging from the inside of the left doors to visualize the air movement. Here are my findings:
The left side allows air in from 3 different areas (possibly more but these were the biggest culprits):
1. Under the door between the front and rear door, toward the gap, with air source (6.5 hp craftsman 2-3 feet away) pointed upward toward the gap. This was by far the worst, causing the toilet paper in the front of the back window and back of the front window to move a lot. I Believe air gets in from several spots this way: from the holes at the bottom of the door to allow water to draing out of the door cavits; from the gap in the weather seal that is pretty visible underneath the camera housing
2. Pointing air toward the top of the camera housing: This was the second worst. I am not sure how air is getting in this way, but toilet paper started moving.
3. From the mirror housing. Blowing air all along the housing allowed air into the cabin from the front of the driver's door. The 2 sheets of toilet paper started flapping.

I would love if others were able to set up this test and provide their findings. You don't have to remove the door panel. Just tape the toilet paper to the inside and blow some air from a shop vac toward different areas of the car.

In my opinion, the seals aren't the issue. When I close the door ( easy to see and feel with the door panel off) the seal is properly compressed. However, all those spots I mentioned above, allow air into the cavity of the door (the hollow part) and that air gets into the cabin. In fact, if you lift up the bottom window trim (mine is loose from previous work lucid did) and spray air into that area all kind of air gets in (A little air caused all the front and most of the back toilet paper to flap). I have videos to share if anyone is interested. The files were too large to upload.
I really hope they find a fix for this problem. If you have other ideas or comments, please feel free to share as I keep gathering proof of the issue in hopes someone will find a permanent solution.

Hello all. Have owned my AGT for just over a year now and I'm on quest to get to the bottom of this air seepage issue (along with wind noise) I've had my vehicle at the service center various times, and 3 times they tried to address the issue with cold air entering the cabin to no avail. They've replaced various trims but never seem to "test" it before giving it back to me. At times I've felt improvement, but all it takes is for a burst of air and cold weather to remind me how bad and uncomfortable it is to drive the car in cold weather. I love driving this car - I put 26k in 1 year, but I'm starting to hate it in cold weather. Since I hate complaining and feeling powerless, I tried to do some diagnosing over the weekend.
I removed the driver door panel and drove around with a bare door and blue tape everywhere, trying to isolate the issue. I also setup a test in my garage with a shop vac blowing air toward the vehicle, directing it to different parts of the driver's side. I used thin strips of toilet paper hanging from the inside of the left doors to visualize the air movement. Here are my findings:
The left side allows air in from 3 different areas (possibly more but these were the biggest culprits):
1. Under the door between the front and rear door, toward the gap, with air source (6.5 hp craftsman 2-3 feet away) pointed upward toward the gap. This was by far the worst, causing the toilet paper in the front of the back window and back of the front window to move a lot. I Believe air gets in from several spots this way: from the holes at the bottom of the door to allow water to draing out of the door cavits; from the gap in the weather seal that is pretty visible underneath the camera housing
2. Pointing air toward the top of the camera housing: This was the second worst. I am not sure how air is getting in this way, but toilet paper started moving.
3. From the mirror housing. Blowing air all along the housing allowed air into the cabin from the front of the driver's door. The 2 sheets of toilet paper started flapping.

I would love if others were able to set up this test and provide their findings. You don't have to remove the door panel. Just tape the toilet paper to the inside and blow some air from a shop vac toward different areas of the car.

In my opinion, the seals aren't the issue. When I close the door ( easy to see and feel with the door panel off) the seal is properly compressed. However, all those spots I mentioned above, allow air into the cavity of the door (the hollow part) and that air gets into the cabin. In fact, if you lift up the bottom window trim (mine is loose from previous work lucid did) and spray air into that area all kind of air gets in (A little air caused all the front and most of the back toilet paper to flap). I have videos to share if anyone is interested. The files were too large to upload.
I really hope they find a fix for this problem. If you have other ideas or comments, please feel free to share as I keep gathering proof of the issue in hopes someone will find a permanent solution.
I absolutely love that you did this. Can you upload the videos to Vimeo or YouTube and post here the links?

Back