Wind noise

I have always had 'some' wind noise from the driver's side window. Today, however, I drove the car in temps around 5 degrees and the wind noise was much more pronounced. I could actually feel significant cold air coming into the car around the top of the window. It seems to me this is a pretty solid indication that the seal around this window leaks when cold. Anyone know if Lucid actually has a firm/approved fix for this issue yet? I've seen a few different solutions in this forum topic, but not sure if any are actually company-endorsed.
I am having a similar issue with both the driver and passenger doors. I raised the issue when I took the car in for the annual service back in October. I was told the reason for the noise was because of the wrap on the mirrors - service said this was something common with cars that have been wrapped. The noise has gotten worse now that the temperature has dropped. Plan to bring up the issue again when I take the car in to address a minor issue early next month

Hello all. Have owned my AGT for just over a year now and I'm on quest to get to the bottom of this air seepage issue (along with wind noise) I've had my vehicle at the service center various times, and 3 times they tried to address the issue with cold air entering the cabin to no avail. They've replaced various trims but never seem to "test" it before giving it back to me. At times I've felt improvement, but all it takes is for a burst of air and cold weather to remind me how bad and uncomfortable it is to drive the car in cold weather. I love driving this car - I put 26k in 1 year, but I'm starting to hate it in cold weather. Since I hate complaining and feeling powerless, I tried to do some diagnosing over the weekend.
I removed the driver door panel and drove around with a bare door and blue tape everywhere, trying to isolate the issue. I also setup a test in my garage with a shop vac blowing air toward the vehicle, directing it to different parts of the driver's side. I used thin strips of toilet paper hanging from the inside of the left doors to visualize the air movement. Here are my findings:
The left side allows air in from 3 different areas (possibly more but these were the biggest culprits):
1. Under the door between the front and rear door, toward the gap, with air source (6.5 hp craftsman 2-3 feet away) pointed upward toward the gap. This was by far the worst, causing the toilet paper in the front of the back window and back of the front window to move a lot. I Believe air gets in from several spots this way: from the holes at the bottom of the door to allow water to draing out of the door cavits; from the gap in the weather seal that is pretty visible underneath the camera housing
2. Pointing air toward the top of the camera housing: This was the second worst. I am not sure how air is getting in this way, but toilet paper started moving.
3. From the mirror housing. Blowing air all along the housing allowed air into the cabin from the front of the driver's door. The 2 sheets of toilet paper started flapping.

I would love if others were able to set up this test and provide their findings. You don't have to remove the door panel. Just tape the toilet paper to the inside and blow some air from a shop vac toward different areas of the car.

In my opinion, the seals aren't the issue. When I close the door ( easy to see and feel with the door panel off) the seal is properly compressed. However, all those spots I mentioned above, allow air into the cavity of the door (the hollow part) and that air gets into the cabin. In fact, if you lift up the bottom window trim (mine is loose from previous work lucid did) and spray air into that area all kind of air gets in (A little air caused all the front and most of the back toilet paper to flap). I have videos to share if anyone is interested. The files were too large to upload.
I really hope they find a fix for this problem. If you have other ideas or comments, please feel free to share as I keep gathering proof of the issue in hopes someone will find a permanent solution.
This is fantastic... I'm struggling with cold air getting inside as well.. will bring this up to my SA

I had to wait until I got home to post the link as I never set up a youtube channel.
Here are a couple of videos
I did talk to other service centers managers. They were very nice and helpful and willing to spend time discussing the issues.
One of them told me my test was a good idea but not exactly indicative of real world driving because of the way wind travels around the car when driving, vs air being directed at it. I understand this may not be 100% accurate, but I strongly believe this at least shows how it would be when passing vehicles, especially larger ones. Also, I strongly believe blowing air toward the mirror housing is representative of real world driving.
I'm going to set this test up in my other vehicles and see what it looks like. It's so simple to do (without taking off door panels).
I really hope others can chime in with other ideas and findings.
It was in the teens in the Baltimore area yesterday and driving to work was so miserable. I don't want to regret buying this car

I had to wait until I got home to post the link as I never set up a youtube channel.
Here are a couple of videos
I did talk to other service centers managers. They were very nice and helpful and willing to spend time discussing the issues.
One of them told me my test was a good idea but not exactly indicative of real world driving because of the way wind travels around the car when driving, vs air being directed at it. I understand this may not be 100% accurate, but I strongly believe this at least shows how it would be when passing vehicles, especially larger ones. Also, I strongly believe blowing air toward the mirror housing is representative of real world driving.
I'm going to set this test up in my other vehicles and see what it looks like. It's so simple to do (without taking off door panels).
I really hope others can chime in with other ideas and findings.
It was in the teens in the Baltimore area yesterday and driving to work was so miserable. I don't want to regret buying this car

Thanks so much for posting these. A video is indeed worth a thousand words.

Thanks so much for posting these. A video is indeed worth a thousand words.
I made so many but I don't have good enough camera equipment to pick up how much the paper actually moves so this is the best I could devise without spending tons of money. If someone has a smoke machine that would be a really good test - I didn't want to buy one and even if I did, I'd be worried about leftover residue. It is actually much worse than what the video depicts. If people setup their own test or if anyone near has good camera equipment I'd be happy to make better videos.

OK, so blasting each part of the door with high-pressure, concentrated air blasts is supposed to prove what? Unless I get sideways on a road at speed, in which case the last thing on my mind would be wind noise, I am sorry but what is the point? After 16,000 miles I have yet to notice any unusual wind noise at speed or otherwise. The cabin is quite secure and relatively quiet, although I have not done a decibel test. To me, wind noise should be measured with a decibel meter, not toilet paper, but I appreciate the effort.

OK, so blasting each part of the door with high-pressure, concentrated air blasts is supposed to prove what? Unless I get sideways on a road at speed, in which case the last thing on my mind would be wind noise, I am sorry but what is the point? After 16,000 miles I have yet to notice any unusual wind noise at speed or otherwise. The cabin is quite secure and relatively quiet, although I have not done a decibel test. To me, wind noise should be measured with a decibel meter, not toilet paper, but I appreciate the effort.
Hardly "blasting" with a shop vac. Compare this air to going 80mph and my guess is that speed causes much more air pressure It's not so much about the wind noise for me versus air getting in/escaping the cabin. I'm trying to find a repeatable way to show the issue (vs waiting for cold weather) and a procedure that can be used to determine if the attempted fix (which lucid has attempted several times now) is indeed a fix.

Does anyone know when the redesigned door seal was implemented? Is it just on model year 2024 cars?
Also would love to know. I reported my driver door being drafty when I lived in New England and I just got blank stares from the Lucid rep who must have thought I had 3 heads. Not as much of an issue in SoCal, but it’s good to see a redesigned part was made available.

I've been experiencing this too. Definitely worse in colder weather. I thought it was the window seal. I could see a little deformation. Lucid swapped it out, but it clearly didn't do any good. I'm a little disappointed they claimed victory without truly testing it. I'll have to tee it up with them again. Has anyone actually had success with treating/repairing/replacing the door seals?

I've been experiencing this too. Definitely worse in colder weather. I thought it was the window seal. I could see a little deformation. Lucid swapped it out, but it clearly didn't do any good. I'm a little disappointed they claimed victory without truly testing it. I'll have to tee it up with them again. Has anyone actually had success with treating/repairing/replacing the door seals?
Supposedly there is a 'new' improved door seal; do you know if you got the new version or just a replacement of the original version?

Supposedly there is a 'new' improved door seal; do you know if you got the new version or just a replacement of the original version?
Tech attempted twice to remedy air infiltration around top of driver window and while it’s improved, still not up to snuff.

I inquired with Plainview service center but they were unable to find a service bulletin that referred to a redesigned seal.

Tech attempted twice to remedy air infiltration around top of driver window and while it’s improved, still not up to snuff.

I inquired with Plainview service center but they were unable to find a service bulletin that referred to a redesigned seal.
I have the same issue and while at the AZ Rally last weekend I was talking with an owner who said there is a different seal for the top of the window/door frame. I confirmed with the Scottsdale SC and they happily set up an appointment to deal with it and a couple of other minor issues.

I have the same issue and while at the AZ Rally last weekend I was talking with an owner who said there is a different seal for the top of the window/door frame. I confirmed with the Scottsdale SC and they happily set up an appointment to deal with it and a couple of other minor issues.
Please let me know how this goes. If I'm STILL having issues with mine, maybe I'm best taking it into Scottsdale the next time I drive down to AZ!

Please let me know how this goes. If I'm STILL having issues with mine, maybe I'm best taking it into Scottsdale the next time I drive down to AZ!
I certainly will. My appointment isn't until March 4 due to my travel schedule. Stay tuned!

I don't know. Mine is a '23 AGT. I'll set up another appointment and try to find out. This isn't a major problem, but I'd definitely like a better seal if it's out there!

Back