• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Wind noise

I am on my second trip back to the dealer for wind noise. I discovered what my issue was so you guys may be having a similar situation, there is a vertical seal between the glass and the drivers mirror. It is supposed to be on the outside of the glass, not the inside (compare against the passenger side). Everything had been fine with my car, drove to work, left for an errand and heard this whooshing. Quickly diagnosed it, told the dealer what needed to be replaced. They fixed it, got the car back, and 3 months later, the seal had moved to the inside of the window again. Its back getting a new one right now.
Could you take a picture please precisely of which seal you're talking about thank you so very much

I will when the car gets back. But if you look at your windows, closed, the fronts should have a vertical pressure seal at the mirror/a pillar on the outside of the window. You can compare the driver and passenger sides for comparison.

I had the exact same problem on my BMW M4 convertible. The dealer tech treated it with something called Gummi Pflege. It worked like a charm. Afterward, I found it on Amazon for other similar issues with vehicles.

I used it on my Lucid where my trunk made a little squeak every time it opened. It was coming from the rubber just below the rear window. After treating it with this stuff, never heard it again. Give it a try!

Here it is: https://a.co/d/hFdGcgf
Bobby to the rescue, again! I’ll be giving this a try. I’ve noticed wind noise in the lucid, at least from the driver’s perspective, to be quite a bit more pronounced than a well used Audi Q5. I also could swear I could feel air coming in from the window seals when it was cold out. I did mention this to service like others have and as far as they could tell there wasn’t much to be done. Anyway, rubber rescue by the Germans might be the answer.

Bobby to the rescue, again! I’ll be giving this a try. I’ve noticed wind noise in the lucid, at least from the driver’s perspective, to be quite a bit more pronounced than a well used Audi Q5. I also could swear I could feel air coming in from the window seals when it was cold out. I did mention this to service like others have and as far as they could tell there wasn’t much to be done. Anyway, rubber rescue by the Germans might be the answer.
Same here with cold air coming into the cabin on the driver side at speed.

I had wind noise from the upper front edge of the driver’s window. I figured it was normal until I was recently a passenger in the car and didn’t notice the noise on that side. I believe the seal shrinks a bit in the colder weather we’ve been having. Frank reset the window upper torque for me and it seems to have disappeared. The procedure was simple, although it did require both of us. I had the extremely difficult job of operating the window switch while Frank did the rest. With the door open, we lowered the window about halfway and then, once Frank was ready, raised it fully and continued to hold the window switch in the up position while Frank simultaneously placed his hands on the inside and outside of the glass and firmly pushed it upward for about five seconds even after it was fully closed. Voila! The idea was to retrain the window that its closed position is slightly higher. My wind noise has not returned.
Bobby, maybe an instructional video on your YouTube channel? I’m game for trying this for sure when I get my car back from service.

I am noticing less wind noise as weather is warming up. Glass must be making better seal against rubber. I still hear it but not as pronounced compared to winter.

I had the exact same problem on my BMW M4 convertible. The dealer tech treated it with something called Gummi Pflege. It worked like a charm. Afterward, I found it on Amazon for other similar issues with vehicles.

I used it on my Lucid where my trunk made a little squeak every time it opened. It was coming from the rubber just below the rear window. After treating it with this stuff, never heard it again. Give it a try!

Here it is: https://a.co/d/hFdGcgf
Does this stuff leave any residue on the paint?
Any special technique or tip on how to apply it?
Thanks.

Funny how he diagnosed the issue from a convertible, but thre theres so much wind that your hair goes everywhere.

Interesting, my windshield at speeds over 72mph when it’s below 40 degrees makes a weird buzzing wispy sound that’s pretty quiet but still noticeable, at first it sounded like a loose piece of paper flapping but I think it’s a very small seal imperfection only noticeable when it’s cold. I’ll have them check it out when I get the 12k mile service.
I have experienced the same buzzing noise from the lower left side of windshield above 75mph speed.
IMO it might be the left wiper fluid feeding hose rattling with the hood.
Anybody visit SC with this noise?
IMG_7915.jpeg

There is a TSB for this. It’s coming from the ducts above the headlights. Techs insert a foam square into each duct. I fixed the fluttering noise for me. Call or text service.
I have experienced the same buzzing noise from the lower left side of windshield above 75mph speed.
IMO it might be the left wiper fluid feeding hose rattling with the hood.
Anybody visit SC with this noise?
View attachment 13335

Same. Starting around 45mph, there is a loud wind noise which seems to be coming from driver's side mirror. Passenger side is quiet though.

I've tried filling the gap where it touches the top of the driver side window, thinking the window may not be aligned correctly, however, I think that there is just LOUD wind noise coming from the side mirror. Anyone have a solution to this? Or I can just have my technician look at it during my yearly maintenance check.

Sometimes I just turn up the music volume because this wind noise drives me nutz when I'm in one of the quietest ev vehicle 😀

I noticed wind noise infiltration from seemingly top of driver window when I drove car home on Day 1. Tech came to house, drove car for a couple of hours, installed compressible foam underneath rubber gasket at top or window, but noise persists. No improvement. Disappointing to say the least for a car (Pure) with this price point.

Tech claims noise comes from mirror. Not convinced.

;(

I definitely notice this too, above ~50mph, mine seems definitely coming from driver's side mirror area.
Not horrible but louder than I expect, could be just turbulence but might be infiltration around the gasket.
I drove through the forest fires here in Washington -- even with the recirc on, smoke infiltrated the cabin.
I won't engage service about it but if/when anything else comes up I'll have that on the list to look into.

I've looked into multiple threads about the noise and It seems like the entire rubber seal near driver side window needs to be replaced. I'm looking to replace when they open up the Atlanta, GA service center location near towards the end of 2023.

I had this issues as well. Had various issues with my window getting stuck and rubbing against something. They adjusted/fixed various things. After that the noise went away..

I have similar problem with wind noice on the drivers side and it seems to be from the top of the window. Technician place some foam in the door gap. However noice seems to persist.
Any one has any success with any other fixes. Other than this issue my Pure has been doing very well.
Thanks
Chandra

Same noise for me. I just live with it as well as the gurgling noise that appears to come from somewhere under my center console.

Back