Who has a car that has pretty much worked flawlessly?

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Lots of negative posts and problem lists everywhere. Just thought I'd see if there are members here who might have had great experiences and really have had no problems. My car is coming due this next month and all the posts here make me a bit nervous. I'm extremely excited but as reality of the car sets in, I'm also getting more nervous.

Lots of negative posts and problem lists everywhere. Just thought I'd see if there are members here who might have had great experiences and really have had no problems. My car is coming due this next month and all the posts here make me a bit nervous. I'm extremely excited but as reality of the car sets in, I'm also getting more nervous.
Not sure when to expect delivery of my order that was confirmed on March 9. I will be very interested in the feedback you get from this posting as I feel the same as you .... both excited and nervous....

Agree, has anyone not needed service/repairs -- mobile, service center, or otherwise?

1950 miles here, all my issues are very minor, some are user errors on wrong assumption and mis-identified and reported, some are just recent kinks have to do with fob. when I first got it and thought Navigation app was Windows3.1, now is Windows 2000, vastly improved after OTA 1.2.6. Drivetrain, handling, comfort, fun acceleration, aesthetic all overshadow some user interface that can use some tweak for improvement. I don’t have any body-build issue. Electrify America stations on the road can be unpredictable frustrating in my experience. Service Center’s concierge style is excellent. I was very nervous as it’s most expensive car I ever paid, but now a very happy camper.

I mean, after the first batch of issues, I'd say I've had a pretty problem free ownership experience for the past 3-4 months? I had 2 major issues, frunk latches not working and the media processor unit dying.

This is more encouraging. I don’t mind a fox here or there but I don’t want a car that always in the shop, considering the shop is 300mi away

Yea, it is hard to know. People are more likely to be vocal about issues, especially in forums, than about things working as expected.

This forum makes it sound like 95% of the cars have the wheels fall off and the motor explodes within the first week of delivery. But realistically, it must be more of an outlier issue than the norm.

Yea, it is hard to know. People are more likely to be vocal about issues, especially in forums, than about things working as expected.

This forum makes it sound like 95% of the cars have the wheels fall off and the motor explodes within the first week of delivery. But realistically, it must be more of an outlier issue than the norm.
Exactly. That’s why I made this thread. To try and get at least a slightly more “balanced” view of things.

This is more encouraging. I don’t mind a fox here or there but I don’t want a car that always in the shop, considering the shop is 300mi away
Yes, but all this will really show should be positives and isn't unlike posts that only show negatives. It is too subjective to rely on to any extent. A comment saying "after the first six visits, my car has been fine for the past few months" isn't really what I think you are hoping for. The number/length of visits and the time of ownership are probably more relevant. I actually think that statistic is what "new car reliability" really means, average days in service over the first xx days of ownership.

There is actually a thread out there that has a poll of "number of visits to Service Center", but even that doesn't tell you much. Now, it would be nice to know what percentage of new owners have not needed a Service Center visit in XX timeframe.

There are those like @borski and @hydbob that may have had a few, or minor, visits and then no issues and have an extended time (in Lucid terms) of ownership. There may be those who have had absolutely no issues. There may be those like @hmp10 who have had several issues and continue to have issues. There are those that took delivery only to have a massive failure after just six days in their garage.

The real issue is that the relevant statistics just are not available and the history of Lucid really isn't long enough to form a good basis for an average assumption.

There are those that live close to Service Centers and have had minor issues easily dealt with and there are those that live 600+ miles from the closest Lucid Service Center and have had MAJOR issues. Your experience will, most likely be somewhere in between and, hopefully, more skewed toward the positive end as Lucid grows up a bit.

Lucid is not all rainbows and butterflies, but there will always be plenty of experiences along the curve. The expectation should be that the bell curve is changing over time as Lucid gets better at what they set out to do.

Last edited:
I've been very happy. My car has about 3200 miles and I've had few issues thus far. I did have the windshield replaced since I had one of the early versions and my toll transponder and radar detector would not work properly. A few other minor issues but nothing serious thus far. LOVE this car!!

3900 miles. Only real problem that required an actual service fix was front right tire needing road force rebalanced. EVERYTHING else has been user error or software which has been fixed by reboot (one issue requires a couple reboots where the car got stuck in roll mode instead of brake hold). I have noticed a piece of trim under the rear window to the right of the middle brake light starting to warp, which I assume is from the heat. I’ll get it fixed when it’s time for 1 year service. Oh also my passenger seat has a spot that has become discolored and I can’t figure out where it came from, as my wife didn’t have anything weird on her clothes like bleach as we don’t use bleach. Service examined it and agreed it’s a permanent discoloration, it’s minor, but they’re seeing if it’s warranty covered (would likely require a seat replacement).

Minus a few minor software issues my car has been flawless.
Ditto. No hardware issues to date, just some software ones, but I’m only at 500 miles. Mobile service came out once and tacked down some pesky trunk liner that kept wanting to curl up from the adhesive.

Car has been in once to have the rear windshield replaced (it was delivered cracked but I knew that before taking delivery). They damaged a cantrail during that replacement and will be picking the car up next week to replace. The only other issue I have is the steering wheel creak, which the service manager told me will be turned into a technical service bulletin once steering wheels become available. No other issues for me outside of the rare software gremlin. I would like to see things improve on the software side, but it all works for me. I also have no issues getting 90% of epa range without having to try.

Yes, but all this will really show should be positives and isn't unlike posts that only show negatives. It is too subjective to rely on to any extent. A comment saying "after the first six visits, my car has been fine for the past few months" isn't really what I think you are hoping for. The number/length of visits and the time of ownership are probably more relevant. I actually think that statistic is what "new car reliability" really means, average days in service over the first xx days of ownership.

There is actually a thread out there that has a poll of "number of visits to Service Center", but even that doesn't tell you much. Now, it would be nice to know what percentage of new owners have not needed a Service Center visit in XX timeframe.

There are those like @borski and @hydbob that may have had a few, or minor, visits and then no issues and have an extended time (in Lucid terms) of ownership. There may be those who have had absolutely no issues. There may be those like @hmp10 who have had several issues and continue to have issues. There are those that took delivery only to have a massive failure after just six days in their garage.

The real issue is that the relevant statistics just are not available and the history of Lucid really isn't long enough to form a good basis for an average assumption.

There are those that live close to Service Centers and have had minor issues easily dealt with and there are those that live 600+ miles from the closest Lucid Service Center and have had MAJOR issues. Your experience will, most likely be somewhere in between and, hopefully, more skewed toward the positive end as Lucid grows up a bit.

Lucid is not all rainbows and butterflies, but there will always be plenty of experiences along the curve. The expectation should be that the bell curve is changing over time as Lucid gets better at what they set out to do.
Fortunately for us "reservists" the issue isn't binary: i.e, buy when they call you, or never. We have the option to wait a year or so to see how quality issues pan out, and then get back in line. Sure it might cost 10% more, but for some that's a valuable tradeoff.

Fortunately for us "reservists" the issue isn't binary: i.e, buy when they call you, or never. We have the option to wait a year or so to see how quality issues pan out, and then get back in line. Sure it might cost 10% more, but for some that's a valuable tradeoff.
That is true. I would expect those same statistics to only improve over time. I think it is a fair expectation that the car delivered a year from now should be a better product than one delivered today. At least you would hope so, otherwise...

I have driven 2700 miles from early February and my only issues were recalls and some early unlocking issues without using car key…after latest update the car unlocks and locks every time with no issues.

Yes. I am fortunate that I live in a city with both the Design Studio and the Service Center and not that far from the factory. But it is still a pain to take the car there and back and getting a loaner.

I started a different thread, sort of along the same line as this one, for the same reasons. We are seeing all the problems with Lucid because this is a Lucid forum. If one were on a Chevrolet forum, we would be hearing about not even garaging the Bolt. Etc. Etc. But that doesn't mean that Lucid doesn't need to continue repairing and improving its software.

Over 5k miles, I had the frunk latch problem fixed when I took the car in for a windshield replacement. Other than that, no issues. I do wish the ventilated seats were better designed, but I think that's a design problem and they are working as intended. I've had the car on two roadtrips and the rest has been city driving. The software issues/improvements seem to come down to how much you used software in previous cars. Jeeps and Rams don't seem to have a lot of that baked in, so I really have no perspective on how good I could have had it in earlier automobiles. I use nav only for roadtrips and the music plays fine to my non-audiophile ears. I'd like to see buttons in easier to reach places (which I think they're doing) and have the ability to reboot while driving the infotainment system on the few occasions they have occurred (almost always when showing others the car).

I absolutely recognize and understand that others are experiencing real problems. For example, the more I think about the AC troubles other have reported the more I think seat positioning and height could be a real issue in that the closer your head is to the glass canopy the hotter it is. I think that if you rely heavily on CarPlay or other software features that are more common in luxury and sub-luxury cars, you may find this a jarring shift. I think that the number of motor failures (like @CLTGT) that have been reported on this board is alarming. And most importantly, I think I have been fortunate.

Posted on a similar thread: Love car and ride - software has been a disappointment but steadily getting better. By comparison I took delivery of one of the first 200 of both the Model S and Model X and they also had similar growing pains - overall my Lucid experience has been better than my early production S or X. Yes I wish the software was more refined and the car had fewer new Hannibal issues but I knew I was getting early production and instill give Lucid a better grade than Tesla and i'm encouraged by the improvements to the software I've received to date

Back