• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Exploring buying a new Lucid Air.

Ah! Then it may just very well be fixed for you!

A bunch of versions ago, when they introduced the ability to pick a new 'center line' by biasing it by moving the wheel, it would ping pong; I also stopped using it at that time, for the same reason. That got fixed relatively quickly and it has been rock-solid ever since.

If it still does it for you, you need to get it serviced.
Do you still have the issue of it thinking you’re trying to center it in the lane when applying torque to the wheel to make sure you’re paying attention though?

Watching someone use HA in my car as a passenger was frightening. The car was all over the place because they couldn’t understand why basically two functions have been applied to wheel torque. The pressure they were applying to the wheel was forcing the car to ping pong like the driver and the car were fighting each other. I really wish Lucid had just left it alone OR take away the need for touching the wheel every 5 seconds and rely on the camera to make sure you’re paying attention.

Do you still have the issue of it thinking you’re trying to center it in the lane when applying torque to the wheel to make sure you’re paying attention though?

Watching someone use HA in my car as a passenger was frightening. The car was all over the place because they couldn’t understand why basically two functions have been applied to wheel torque. The pressure they were applying to the wheel was forcing the car to ping pong like the driver and the car were fighting each other. I really wish Lucid had just left it alone OR take away the need for touching the wheel every 5 seconds and rely on the camera to make sure you’re paying attention.
No. This exact problem is what they fixed.

The torque required to recenter / bias HA is now much more significant than the torque required to let it know you're paying attention. But not so significant that it's hard to do.

It becomes natural after about 10 seconds. Try it! :)

No. This exact problem is what they fixed.

The torque required to recenter / bias HA is now much more significant than the torque required to let it know you're paying attention. But not so significant that it's hard to do.

It becomes natural after about 10 seconds. Try it! :)
I don’t have the issue as often as I’m used to how the car operates but someone getting in and not knowing the wheel torque has 2 functions they were struggling with it. After repeatedly telling them they’re putting too much pressure on the wheel the response was “well, it’s stupid they designed it this way”.

Tbh, I don’t blame him, everyone applies pressure to a wheel differently to make sure it’s registering that you’re paying attention. Probably not the smartest idea for Lucid to have applied 2 functions to it. As owners, we know but to non-owners this wouldn’t be common knowledge.

This issue would be non-existent if Lucid eventually switches to a capacitive wheel though.

I don’t have the issue as often as I’m used to how the car operates but someone getting in and not knowing the wheel torque has 2 functions they were struggling with it. After repeatedly telling them they’re putting too much pressure on the wheel the response was “well, it’s stupid they designed it this way”.

Tbh, I don’t blame him, everyone applies pressure to a wheel differently to make sure it’s registering that you’re paying attention. Probably not the smartest idea for Lucid to have applied 2 functions to it. As owners, we know but to non-owners this wouldn’t be common knowledge.

This issue would be non-existent if Lucid eventually switches to a capacitive wheel though.
I hear what you’re saying - I’m saying that I don’t think this quite applies anymore. If you’re in HA, you have to almost want to turn the wheel in order for it to bias. I’d be surprised if most people using it for the first time ever even figured out it biased at all, and thought it just had two modes: on and “off if you turn the wheel to make a lane change.”

That’s what I’m saying feels different.

But I should test this theory with someone. Gotta find a friend who has never driven a lucid… that I trust to drive my car 🤣 :p

WOW... I wasn't expecting so much great feedback! It really feels like owning a Lucid makes you part of a community! Thank you all!I definitely feel confident about getting one now.

Has anyone seen the $5k reduction on currently available cars, or is it a one-off? If I don't get that opportunity, are the chances high that I've missed the deal of the century? Do you recall if it was like that in March or February? They just don't have any of the colors and options I want available at the moment, hence I'm wondering if I should take my chances and try in May or June.
Thank you again, you've really removed any fears I had about going with it.

WOW... I wasn't expecting so much great feedback! It really feels like owning a Lucid makes you part of a community! Thank you all!I definitely feel confident about getting one now.

Has anyone seen the $5k reduction on currently available cars, or is it a one-off? If I don't get that opportunity, are the chances high that I've missed the deal of the century? Do you recall if it was like that in March or February? They just don't have any of the colors and options I want available at the moment, hence I'm wondering if I should take my chances and try in May or June.
Thank you again, you've really removed any fears I had about going with it.
I believe the $5k discount was on inventory cars, your best bet is to talk to a sales advisor and see what they can come up with. They usually have more information than what is on the Lucid site, and they can also keep an eye out for cars that match your creteria as they become available if they know you're a motivated buyer. Of course, prices have been trending down so waiting probably isn't a terrible idea, either.

Hi everyone,

I recently test drove a Lucid Air and really liked it. Nevertheless, I'm considering a few things that I might not have noticed during the test drive. I'd appreciate your input on the top 5 things you regret or dislike about your Lucid Air

Also, I have a few concerns:
  1. I live in California, where it can get quite hot in the summer. I've read that the interior of the Lucid Air can become very hot and that the AC doesn't perform well. Have you experienced this? Has this issue been addressed?
I live in CA and have driven across the Southwest in August. The AC works fine. Not an issue.
  1. How buggy is the software? Would you say it's generally solid with minor bugs, or does it still have significant issues that need resolving? What are the main problems?
Version 1.0 was buggy, but not the 2.0 version. Very satisfied with the software. Again, not an issue
  1. How well does the Apple app integrate with the car? How effective is using your phone as a key, and is the app reliable?
CarPlay has worked well!
  1. How effective is the driveway assist feature? Is it worth it, or does it still need improvement?
Driver assist works well. Use it all the time on trips.
Additionally, there's currently a special $5,000 on-site vehicle bonus available for cars at local studios through April 30, 2024.

Is this kind of promotion common as a way to clear out inventory, or is it a rare opportunity?
It it is a car you want and the promotion is good, then go for it! I put a deposit before they were made paid the full retail price. Could I have gotten it cheaper later? Perhaps, but I would not have driven it for 2 + years with free charging. I have never looked back. It’s a great car!

Additionally, there's currently a special $5,000 on-site vehicle bonus available for cars at local studios through April 30, 2024.

Is this kind of promotion common as a way to clear out inventory, or is it a rare opportunity?
FWIW, it looks like there is a very similar incentive for May. Still a $5k "onsite" discount, and promotional leasing prices. What changed is that the discounted lease price now cites a 36 month lease and not 18. I'm not sure if that means the 18-month lease deals are gone, modified, etc. I signed the paperwork at the very end of April for an 18-month lease and am glad for the option to give Lucid a try without a long term commitment. Looking forward to picking up the car tomorrow!

Back