my partner may buy a portion of my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry. Did I accidentally stumble upon a Tesla forum by accident?

He wants to keep his Lucid because he likes his Lucid. If he wanted to sell and buy a cheap alternative, there are lots of good options beyond a Model 3. And that’s his business.
This guy. Can’t bring up Tesla without the hate. Can’t us EV owners just be excited for EVs? There aren’t many EVs that are really good for $25k (not including tax credits as that doesn’t save OP upfront capital).

As another mod has pointed out, he’s suggested other cars (the financially responsible thing to do mind you) and nothing is said. I mention a very solid alternative and this is the response.

Regardless, my point stands. The cleaner approach is to sell the car. Get something cheaper (whether it be a Tesla or a freaking 92 Honda civic). Values on EVs have dropped like a rock (which is why I suggested the Tesla) but that also means that a couple years from now the Lucids will also be cheaper. It wouldn’t be a goodbye but rather a see you later. If you genuinely feel like having a legally binding contract with another person on a car then that’s your call. I’m simply posing an alternative that would still make me happy which is driving a modern EV for much cheaper.

He doesn’t want options. I tried to advise a cheaper car before be originally bought.
Post in thread 'New member. Taking my chances.'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/new-member-taking-my-chances.885/post-80522
Understood. That was an over a year ago and OP seems like he’s in a little more of a bind than before. Alternatives definitely are the best financial move here. Not saying he doesn’t want to keep it or he doesn’t want options. Hell I want a lot of things. Unfortunately, life sometimes forces alternatives.

Understood. That was an over a year ago and OP seems like he’s in a little more of a bind than before. Alternatives definitely are the best financial move here. Not saying he doesn’t want to keep it or he doesn’t want options. Hell I want a lot of things. Unfortunately, life sometimes forces alternatives.
if you have a chance, read that old thread. You’ll find that he overextended himself from the very beginning. He allowed his emotional excitement over the car to color his concept of affordability. Never overextend on a depreciating asset!

if you have a chance, read that old thread. You’ll find that he overextended himself from the very beginning. He allowed his emotional excitement over the car to color his concept of affordability. Never overextend on a depreciating asset!
Taking notes for the future, thanks.

And I concur with going for alternatives, as it seems like the more financially responsible thing here rather than the headaches and technicalities of contracts.

And just saying, I do find it a bit weird that you are essentially having your partner “invest” in something you know is a depreciating asset. This means that if you do get married, both of you are losing out even if you can keep the car. A switch to a used car would mean you could own it 100 percent without help/contracts and there wouldn’t be much room for depreciation.

I promise I’m not trashing any decisions you want to make, just giving you food for thought.

This guy. Can’t bring up Tesla without the hate. Can’t us EV owners just be excited for EVs? There aren’t many EVs that are really good for $25k (not including tax credits as that doesn’t save OP upfront capital).
No hate. Just find it curious.

Here’s an experiment. Go to a Tesla forum. Suggest to someone there that they buy a Lucid. See what happens.

No hate. Just find it curious.

Here’s an experiment. Go to a Tesla forum. Suggest to someone there that they buy a Lucid. See what happens.
No offense but we both know that’s a terrible argument giving the circumstances. Lucid doesn’t make cars under $30k. OP can’t afford anything in the Lucid lineup. So sure I could go over to the Tesla forum and suggest someone buy a lucid but they would need to have some very unique situation in which they couldn’t afford a Tesla but somehow a lucid.

At the end of the day, we are all here because we have some bias towards lucid and want to support them. However, we are all human as well. It should be okay that in the circumstance that someone can’t afford one of these vehicles that we give them sound advice instead of shoving lucid down their throat. I can’t fathom giving poor advice purely because I’m a shill of any company. Especially when it’s linked to someone’s livelihood whether we are on a lucid forum or not. Some of us need to step back and realize the bigger picture it seems.

He doesn’t want options. I tried to advise a cheaper car before be originally bought.
Post in thread 'New member. Taking my chances.'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/new-member-taking-my-chances.885/post-80522
I appreciate your contributions but you are overstepping with your words and assumptions. You are sounding all so superior and privileged, but also being an admin and all powerful I won't step any further though I wish for your continued wealth and health so you may not have to get into a bad situation. Perhaps you'd likely "oh I'm well set up to manage any and all crisis". Well, good for you!

I wont be surprised if this post gets deleted or I get a warning somehow.

I also do not appreciate whichever admin changed the title without letting me know. Moving posts to other categories is totally fine, but changing someone else's words is something else.
---

Back to the point.

Also if people read the old thread theyd see I did take cheaper models into consideration like Model Y and even test drove other Mazdas. Eventually it didn't make sense to get any other car really because the Teslas didnt have enough range that I need. I did overextend a bit because of the required DDP and SSP, but like @koflo says it's a change of current circumstances. My previous situation at the time of purchase is totally fine and affordable for me. Sure a bit stretch but totally manageable.

I appreciate your contributions but you are overstepping with your words and assumptions. You are sounding all so superior and privileged, but also being an admin and all powerful I won't step any further though I wish for your continued wealth and health so you may not have to get into a bad situation. Perhaps you'd likely "oh I'm well set up to manage any and all crisis". Well, good for you!

I also do not appreciate whichever admin changed the title without letting me know. Moving posts to other categories is totally fine, but changing someone else's words is something else.
---

Back to the point.

Also if people read the old thread theyd see I did take cheaper models into consideration like Model Y and even test drove other Mazdas. Eventually it didn't make sense to get any other car really because the Teslas didnt have enough range that I need. I did overextend a bit because of the required DDP and SSP, but like @koflo says it's a change of current circumstances. My previous situation at the time of purchase is totally fine and affordable for me. Sure a bit stretch but totally manageable.
Thank you for not making me feel crazy. I have also made comments in the past with the similar sentiment of mods feeling/saying things that belittle users on here. I know someone personally that has stopped posting here for that reason exactly.

Regardless man, outside of this forum, I hope you find a situation that best suits you. I hope you find yourself back to a lucid eventually as you seem genuinely happy with this vehicle. And I hope that whatever life circumstances you have going on gets better. We are all human and life happens whether we are ready for it or not.

Taking notes for the future, thanks.

And I concur with going for alternatives, as it seems like the more financially responsible thing here rather than the headaches and technicalities of contracts.

And just saying, I do find it a bit weird that you are essentially having your partner “invest” in something you know is a depreciating asset. This means that if you do get married, both of you are losing out even if you can keep the car. A switch to a used car would mean you could own it 100 percent without help/contracts and there wouldn’t be much room for depreciation.

I promise I’m not trashing any decisions you want to make, just giving you food for thought.
I understand and this decision is very big and important so appreciate the constructive ideas.

It's never been an investment. I told her I'm ok selling and I also confirm if sharing is something she truly wants. She likes the car and it's an opportunity for her to co own such a great car and this is something she will never afford on her own.

If it comes down to selling the Lucid, the tables will turn where I will instead share with her whatever car she gets because after several close calls I do want AEB on my primary car.

I'm just very careful with the decision I am making so in the future I wont think back and regret. Again as I mentioned in the past I have no regrets getting the car. I'm just now dealing with a big and unseen circumstance.

@noobzilla I wish you the best in whatever you decide. I'm locking this thread as it's not serving the purpose you've asked and it's devolving.

---

Back to the point.

This has nothing to do with being an admin or superior in any way. Believe me if you knew me, you’d know that I was born dirt poor and earned every penny I have. I learned through the years that you never buy anything that you can’t absolutely afford. Debt on depreciating assets is a dangerous thing. I’m sorry if it sounded like I was telling you what to do or acting in some sort of inappropriate manner, it was just my inate reaction as a parent to give you some advice, which is what it seemed like you were asking for by posting in the first place. Wasn’t it? It’s hard to manage tone on an Internet form, I hope you didn’t think mine was inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back