Well...I went in a different direction but I will keep my deposit for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveinarizona

Cars
Genesis GV60 Performance
I got tired of waiting for Lucid to at least tell me what the specs would be for the RWD Pure. My local Genesis dealer had a GV60 in stock. The car is lovely. Black with white Nappa leather. It is about the same width as the Lucid but about 20" shorter (which is fine with me as I prefer a smaller car). It passed the golf bag test. Two motors, one on each axle for a total of 360 KW of power plus a boost feature (button the steering wheel if you want to terrify your passengers). Range is in the 200-300 area but I will make do. Real XSM. 3 years of EA charging. lots of cameras, etc. We backed the car up to the garage door at the shop and then both got out and I watched as he backed the car into the building carefully missing the edge of the entrance using the fob. I then used the fob to drive it back out.

It is a terrific car. Glass roof doesn't open but there is a cover to keep the heat out. Most important, there are actual buttons and switches for many functions. There is a BMW style controller but also touch screen and voice control. Garage door opener/closer is the traditional button on the rear view mirror. Usually, when car makers go to a smaller car they intentionally downgrade the materials; not here. This is a very, very luxurious interior.
\
I didn't do it to save money but it will be about $25K less than the Pure would have been. They even had a holiday promotion on a Genesis extended warranty with no copay or deductible for ten years for $3K which, given all the expensive components, sounds like a real bargain to me.

Just in case something goes wrong, such as the car being totaled, I will hang onto my reservation and I will occasionally visit the forum. I will being a part of the Phoenix Lucid group.

By all accounts the GV60 is a great car. If it had been around when we bought our similarly-sized Volvo EV 18 months ago, there's a good chance we would've bought it instead.

I got tired of waiting for Lucid to at least tell me what the specs would be for the RWD Pure. My local Genesis dealer had a GV60 in stock. The car is lovely. Black with white Nappa leather. It is about the same width as the Lucid but about 20" shorter (which is fine with me as I prefer a smaller car). It passed the golf bag test. Two motors, one on each axle for a total of 360 KW of power plus a boost feature (button the steering wheel if you want to terrify your passengers). Range is in the 200-300 area but I will make do. Real XSM. 3 years of EA charging. lots of cameras, etc. We backed the car up to the garage door at the shop and then both got out and I watched as he backed the car into the building carefully missing the edge of the entrance using the fob. I then used the fob to drive it back out.

It is a terrific car. Glass roof doesn't open but there is a cover to keep the heat out. Most important, there are actual buttons and switches for many functions. There is a BMW style controller but also touch screen and voice control. Garage door opener/closer is the traditional button on the rear view mirror. Usually, when car makers go to a smaller car they intentionally downgrade the materials; not here. This is a very, very luxurious interior.
\
I didn't do it to save money but it will be about $25K less than the Pure would have been. They even had a holiday promotion on a Genesis extended warranty with no copay or deductible for ten years for $3K which, given all the expensive components, sounds like a real bargain to me.

Just in case something goes wrong, such as the car being totaled, I will hang onto my reservation and I will occasionally visit the forum. I will being a part of the Phoenix Lucid group.
Congrats. And I do hope you’ll stick around. Post some pics of that interior when you get a chance. I don’t think I’ve seen it.

Did you have to pay over MSRP? Wondering if the supply is improving.

\

I'm sure Lucid has its reasoning for the PR strategy, but we've been seeing potential customers walking away because of it.
For me, I had two reservations, but had to buy another vehicle and cancelled one reservation because I could never get a test drive to see what I was waiting for. (I know you're able to get a test drive but I wasn't interested in asking the studio more than once)
Now for the one reservation standing that has been finalized into a fully loaded order, I was told to hold my breath until Q1 2023.
And Lucid is strategically vague about when in Q1.
I wouldn't be surprised if this drags on, tempting me to consider other options.
On another, and positive, note: to Lucid's credit, I was supposedly refunded for the cancellation without any problem. They didn't even want to roll the money over to my Touring reservation.

Last edited:
Did you have to pay over MSRP? Wondering if the supply is improving.
Yes a bit but they were reasonable on my trade-in and since I could trade-in I got the benefit of the sales tax reduction (a couple of grand) and I got them to knock a couple of grand off as well. It was the only one in the market.

I'm sure Lucid has its reasoning for the PR strategy, but we've been seeing potential customers walking away because of it.
For me, I had two reservations, but had to buy another vehicle and cancelled one reservation because I could never get a test drive to see what I was waiting for. (I know you're able to get a test drive but I wasn't interested in asking the studio more than once)
Now for the one reservation standing that has been finalized into a fully loaded order, I was told to hold my breath until Q1 2023.
And Lucid is strategically vague about when in Q1.
I wouldn't be surprised if this drags on, tempting me to consider other options.
On another, and positive, note: to Lucid's credit, I was supposedly refunded for the cancellation without any problem. They didn't even want to roll the money over to my Touring reservation.
I was willing to wait for the car but I wasn't willing to wait for the specs. I didn't want to wait another year and then find out that the car they are willing to sell me isn't one I am willing to buy.

I was willing to wait for the car but I wasn't willing to wait for the specs. I didn't want to wait another year and then find out that the car they are willing to sell me isn't one I am willing to buy.
This is exactly what I'm nervous about. I'm afraid they are going to software limit the RWD down to 300ish HP just for the purpose of tiering(which they are really obsessed with IMO).

....'m afraid they are going to software limit the RWD down to 300ish HP just for the purpose of tiering(which they are really obsessed with IMO).
They need to hit as broad a market as possible with essentially one product, so tiering. You got your original Coke, your Diet Coke, Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Vanilla... and did you want that in blue?

They need to hit as broad a market as possible with essentially one product, so tiering. You got your original Coke, your Diet Coke, Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Vanilla... and did you want that in blue?
I think you showed an example of variant rather than tiering but I got your point. I'm not sure if they can hit a boarder market by software limiting HP. What I can tell is that they didn't hit me.

Last edited:

\

Congratulations, that’s a nice looking car with cool features. I’m sorry it didn’t work out with Lucid, but glad you are happy with your purchase.

This is exactly what I'm nervous about. I'm afraid they are going to software limit the RWD down to 300ish HP just for the purpose of tiering(which they are really obsessed with IMO).
A recent post by a guy that knows a guy said the expected HP is to be mid 400s with 0-60 of 4 secs.

A recent post by a guy that knows a guy said the expected HP is to be mid 400s with 0-60 of 4 secs.
I find this much easier to believe than 300 HP. It doesn't take much to make the AWD just a bit more attractive. Crippling the RWD car on purpose would just be dumb.

People have this weird tendency to think companies are out to "force" them into spending more money. It doesn't work that way. If they make the RWD car too unappealing, no one will buy it. And everyone loses, including Lucid.

Congrats. And I do hope you’ll stick around. Post some pics of that interior when you get a chance. I don’t think I’ve seen it.

I am not a great picture taker but here is a link that accurately show it (page down to the interior picture):

The circular thingie on the door is the side view mirror adjuster. Press the button in the middle to fold the mirrors.
Just about everything that is not Nappa leather or quality leatherette is metal. Very little cheap plastic. The bars under the small display and on the central arm rest are all buttons. There are also two programmable buttons. The lower left button on the steering wheel is the mode control and the lower right button is the boost button. Note the circular gear shifter on the center console: when the car turns off it turns into a glowing globe of the same color one select for ambient lighting. The paddles, of course, control the regeneration.

About the only thing it doesn't have is soft close doors. I have had those for the past five years. It is not a big deal but I am having to retrain myself to close the doors more strongly.

It has a frunk but it is tiny. For me the important storage fact is that my golf cart bag with clubs fits in the back (at a diagonal) without having to lower the back seats. That was a deal breaker for me as I have small grandkids and need to have car seats installed in the rear.

I find this much easier to believe than 300 HP. It doesn't take much to make the AWD just a bit more attractive. Crippling the RWD car on purpose would just be dumb.

People have this weird tendency to think companies are out to "force" them into spending more money. It doesn't work that way. If they make the RWD car too unappealing, no one will buy it. And everyone loses, including Lucid.
I find many folks in this forum can do a better job at PR than Lucid officials. I hope they see your post.

\

Like you, my daughter drove away our last ICE sedan, Pure was so delayed and unknown to procure to us and so we got a Polestar 2 LR AWD. GV60 wasn’t known to us. It has some cool biometric features and look similar to MachE and EV6. We still have our Pure order. GL and have fun with your new EV!

Like you, my daughter drove away our last ICE sedan, Pure was so delayed and unknown to procure to us and so we got a Polestar 2 LR AWD. GV60 wasn’t known to us. It has some cool biometric features and look similar to MachE and EV6. We still have our Pure order. GL and have fun with your new EV!
Thanks. It is incredible. All the ADAS and convenience features. More than 400 HP. Nappa Leather. Ultrasuede headliner. Real; XSM. off the car the driver seats rolls back; when I get back in and close the door it rolls forward. At the same time the steering wheel goes up and then back down. Makes getting in and out rather simple. The car will go in and out of parking spaces without a driver in the car (using the fob). Etc. Etc.

For me, it wasn't the waiting for the car, it was the waiting for the specifications. I could wait another year for the car but not to find out that the vehicle is not what I want. It is not brain surgery to post specifications.

I actually considered this car when I began looking at EVs but it's not sold in Texas. It looks really nice.

\

No thanks. It's a damn Hyundai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back