Well...I went in a different direction but I will keep my deposit for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with that IMO.
1669931374442.gif

And Porsche and Audi are damn VWs!
Umm, their premium luxury lines. What is Hyundai's premium/luxury line? Their ICE cars are garbage and folks are putting money on their EV's? Not for me.

Umm, their premium luxury lines. What is Hyundai's premium/luxury line? Their ICE cars are garbage and folks are putting money on their EV's? Not for me.

Hyundai’s EVs have gotten lots of accolades. They are doing great things, like Kia. Credit where credit is due.

I am a fan of Honda, their premium line is Acura, but I don’t see them making any real EV soon. Koreans are beating Japanese in last 20 years. They used to be a joke, I think now they are creep up some respect.

Hyundai’s EVs have gotten lots of accolades. They are doing great things, like Kia. Credit where credit is due.
That's good news for them but this reminds me of back in the early 2000's. I had the just bought a newly redesigned VW Passat (I loved that car). It reminded me of an Audi because the newly designed Passat looked like an Audi, the only problem was -- it was still a VW. Fast forward a few years, VW released the Phaeton for like $70,000. The car looked great and had promise, the only problem, it was still a VW.

That's good news for them but this reminds me of back in the early 2000's....
What reminds you? It's clear that you don't like Hyundai but haven't given any reasons. Hyundai has received numerous awards recently for best reliability, best tech, etc. They've improved markedly since selling their first cars in the US and are generally class-leading choices and a better value than their competitors.

What reminds you? It's clear that you don't like Hyundai but haven't given any reasons. Hyundai has received numerous awards recently for best reliability, best tech, etc. They've improved markedly since selling their first cars in the US and are generally class-leading choices and a better value than their competitors.
You're right, I don't like them. I thought I was clear about that?

That's good news for them but this reminds me of back in the early 2000's. I had the just bought a newly redesigned VW Passat (I loved that car). It reminded me of an Audi because the newly designed Passat looked like an Audi, the only problem was -- it was still a VW. Fast forward a few years, VW released the Phaeton for like $70,000. The car looked great and had promise, the only problem, it was still a VW.

It’s so much fun to argue about cars, much more enjoyable than politics or religion.😉😉

Anyway, what I find most interesting about both Hyundai and Kia is their forward looking approach to design. I personally think they have some very sharp looking vehicles. I especially love the EV6 and will likely get one in the future as our second EV.
I know some people think the Ioniq 6 is gross, but I kind of like it. Looks like an Audi TT that had a few too many enchiladas for lunch.

Genesis.

Not only do they make a premium car but if it needs repair, they drive out to me in a loaner, trade out the cars and then repair the car.

I am coming from owning BMWs so I do know German car companies land this GV60 is more than competitive.

It’s so much fun to argue about cars, much more enjoyable than politics or religion.😉😉

Anyway, what I find most interesting about both Hyundai and Kia is their forward looking approach to design. I personally think they have some very sharp looking vehicles. I especially love the EV6 and will likely get one in the future as our second EV.
I know some people think the Ioniq 6 is gross, but I kind of like it. Looks like an Audi TT that had a few too many enchiladas for lunch.
That's because they are essentially the same company under Hyundai and they also poached the head of design from Porsche I think?

That's because they are essentially the same company under Hyundai and they also poached the head of design from Porsche I think?

I think he was with BMW, maybe?
Need to google it .

I think he was with BMW, maybe?
Need to google it .

Looks like both Kia and Hyundai have numerous former Audi, VW, BMW , etc individuals on their executive and design teams.

Looks like both Kia and Hyundai have numerous former Audi, VW, BMW , etc individuals on their executive and design teams.
ahh yea, sorry, part of VW group..so partially correct? lol

To me Hyundai is now what Honda was 20 years ago, but better. I have been a Honda fan for many, many years, and used to drool over their Acura line. Quite a few years back we ended up purchasing a Hyundai Elantra and I was super impressed - they had all the nice touches and little things that make you go "wow, that's smart", but their engine was just so-so. They've only gotten better. Meanwhile Honda doesn't do any of those nicety things and their styling and design has continued to disappoint overall (imo). I last purchased a 2015 Accord V6 (which I love) primarily because of the engine. That's Hyundai's weakest link - not that their engines aren't powerful, but it's about the smoothness of the delivery. With the most recent announcement of the new Accord, I won't be buying another. We might get a new Odyssey though if they get their act together for 2024. If not, it'll probably be a Kia Carnival for us. Times change, and Hyundai/Kia/Genesis have got their act together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back