It's been a really difficult decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
In CA battery warranty is 10 years/150k miles. This is state law.
I can’t believe that I didn’t know this until now. So the 100k/8 year warranty is actually 10 year/150 miles since I purchased on CA?

With due respect, isn’t it about time that you started frequenting the G80 forum instead of this one?
Interesting reaction to a totally innocuous post. I’m simply recounting an interesting experience with the car

As an aside, there really isn’t much going on in the G80 forums since most are in possession of the gas version.

Last edited:
I can’t believe that I didn’t know this until now. So the 100k/8 year warranty is actually 10 year/150 miles since I purchased on CA?
I hate to break it to you, but no. The 10 year/150K miles warranty is ONLY applicable to PZEV (hybrids).

There is an effort underway to change this, although the proposed changes wouldn’t take effect until 2026.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/2021 12/draft%20zev%20warranty%201962.8.pdf

As some of you may know, I've had a Lucid Pure on reservation since 1/21 and have looked forward to it ever since. We test drove the car once and really enjoyed it. However, for a variety of reasons, I've decided not to proceed further at this point.

We test drove the Genesis electrified G80 several times over the last week and were extremely impressed with it. It's a different car than the Lucid, emphasizing a bit more 'posh' over razor sharp handling. For my needs, at this stage of my life, that tradeoff is a reasonable one. The cost of admission is not much different than that of the Lucid. The Genesis is a bit over $81,000 vs the Lucid at $78,000 with the original pricing. So we took possession of the electrified G80 several days ago.

As we examined the Genesis, we found it offered features that were not available in the Pure that I ordered, some that were available in the higher trim options and some that weren't available at any Lucid trim level. These features include:

* AWD
* Heads up display
* Soft close doors
* 360 display
* 'Look ahead' ride control that adjusts suspension on the fly based on the roadway ahead
* Lexicon 1050 watt stereo with 21 speakers
* EZ entry & exit for both the driver & passenger
* Heat pump
* Remote control parking for tight spaces
* Nappa leather upholstery
* Massaging drivers seat
* V2L that is currently available

In our test drive and assessment of these features, I came to the conclusion as we often do in life, that some aspects of the Lucid are superior and some on the Genesis are superior for my needs. The overall package that the G80 offers is better for me at this point. I have no doubt that the Lucid is the better 'driver's car'. For that matter my BMW i4 is probably a better driver's car too. The Lucid offers significantly more rear seating space, but the Genesis rear seating is certainly adequate for the people who are likely to travel with me. But more importantly, there are a number of aspects of the Genesis that matter to me more.

In listening to both sound systems, I felt the Lexicon system sounded 'fuller' to me perhaps because the Lucid sounded a bit 'bass lacking', although the Lucid sound was still excellent. Is the Lucid more accurate? I have no idea, but as is often the case with sound systems, it's what sounds good to you.

The Genesis ride is excellent, cushioning most road irregularities to the point of them seemingly not being there. I didn't get to drive the Lucid enough to make an accurate comparison.

I found the Genesis to be a bit more silent, with less motor noise and no wind noise. Road noise was very nicely attenuated. Both cars are quiet, but I'd give the edge to the G80.

Trunk space was a win for the Lucid, with the Genesis offering sub-par trunk space, but again enough for my needs. My i4, with its hatchback design, is there for the rare times when I may need more.

The typical driver assistance features are there in the Genesis and are excellent, but I have a history of not using these features very often. How they compare to the Lucid I can't say as we were not allowed on the highway during our test drive. The Genesis has a 4.2 second 0-60 time, fast enough for me.

The issue of bulletproof software was a factor for me. The Genesis software is mature, stable and extremely responsive to use. The Lucid software may ultimately get there, but at this point it's not at the level of the Genesis.

The Genesis was delivered in perfect condition. Body panel alignment was perfect, paint was superb, zero rattles or creaks and all features I tested, including software, worked as designed.

The bottom line is that both of these cars are fabulous, they really are. Even on the subject of aesthetics, I find both cars beautifully styled but yet very different. I've already gotten a number of compliments on the G80, with most commenting how beautiful it was, but not knowing what it was. Sound familiar?

In the end, I wouldn't rule out that there could be a Lucid in my future and, to be honest, I haven't yet cancelled my reservation. I seriously doubt anything I've seen to this point with the Genesis would make me suddenly switch back, but there's certainly no harm in standing pat at this point.

For those unfamiliar with car, I'm attaching a picture. It's been great being a member of the community and I sincerely wish everyone well with their Lucids.
Curious to see what you think after a few miles (e.g. 1K+) ...

I LOVE the way my Luci drives, but getting in and out is starting to bother my neck & back. I'm hoping that EZ entry & exit comes out soon, but if it doesn't (or it does and I still have a hard time getting in and out), I may be looking for an alternative.

Good luck

I LOVE the way my Luci drives, but getting in and out is starting to bother my neck & back. I'm hoping that EZ entry & exit comes out soon, but if it doesn't (or it does and I still have a hard time getting in and out), I may be looking for an alternative.

Good luck

Use more massage seats. And hold off for Gravity since R1S is mirage right now in your area. 🤔

Good luck
You mat be able to simulate an easy entry by making a profile at the desired entry position, then changing profiles once in the car.

Use more massage seats. And hold off for Gravity since R1S is mirage right now in your area. 🤔
lol .. I use them plenty, but if I use the car all day, the back of my neck (towards the spine) really hurts. I could lose 100lbs, but ... That's NOT going to happen anytime soon 😄

I'm still waiting for the Gravity ... if my wife likes the looks, we'll be reserving one for sure. The R1S is for her and you're right .. it's nor going to be available any time soon. I just can't find a rendering that I can show her yet.

You mat be able to simulate an easy entry by making a profile at the desired entry position, then changing profiles once in the car.
Thanks Bobby .. I do have an "Exit profile" set up, but I tend to use my mobile key 99.9% of the time and, most of the time, when I get back to the car it's on my profile (which I think is preferable, but not while I'm testing the profile switch).

Honestly, I'm [really] afraid that I'm too old and rotund, but I lOVE the way it drives, so I keep telling my wife that I'm waiting for the Easy Entry/Exit. My nightmare is that it comes out and I still end up in pain.

The unfortunate thing is that I find myself navigating towards my old S550 (which I thought I'd get rid of by now) for many daily runs.

Thanks Bobby .. I do have an "Exit profile" set up, but I tend to use my mobile key 99.9% of the time and, most of the time, when I get back to the car it's on my profile (which I think is preferable, but not while I'm testing the profile switch).

Honestly, I'm [really] afraid that I'm too old and rotund, but I lOVE the way it drives, so I keep telling my wife that I'm waiting for the Easy Entry/Exit. My nightmare is that it comes out and I still end up in pain.

The unfortunate thing is that I find myself navigating towards my old S550 (which I thought I'd get rid of by now) for many daily runs.

R1S has Easy Entry/Exit setting although it’s not really need for the angle of door entry, it should really be an easy programming. I will suggest in software improvement forum.

Suggested.

Just read this, but already just re-posted. It doesn’t hurt to let Lucid nerds to read again as act of nagging for priority. This isn’t rocket science to have this feature programmed quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back