Feedback/improvements for the Air!

You will definitely cause the gate to open during programming, that’s the whole idea. You need to be right there in order to program our car and any Homelink car I’ve ever used
Previously I used the gate remote to program Homelink from my home. I got the notification from the headlight flashing that it is programmed, and when I go back to the center console to verify the 3 tests, I simply clicked "yes" (blindly), that it caused the gate to open. I then took a drive out the community and back in to test that the Homelink setup indeed worked. This didn't have the side effect of causing the security gate to open when I didn't need it to.

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Ability to view both soc% and estimated mileage remaining
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
Double click on rear window switches to activate the shades

Double click on rear window switches to activate the shades
This one you just pull all the way up on the switches, even from the driver works as well. Push all the way down to bring them down.

Same. With Siri, I know exactly what it can and (mostly) can’t do. Alexa is still a mystery to me. I can’t even get it to send a text to anyone except a specific person it seems to have picked at random from my contacts.

“Alexa, text Jess.”

“Do you mean Dave?”

“No, Jess-i-ca.”

“Okay, what do you want to say to Dave?”

Every. Damn. Time.

Nailed it.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

— Please make option in settings for Parking 360 camera to load up whenever approach “Home” or “Work” in geofencing situation. User can toggle on and off this feature bc HomeLink, but it helps to navigate into close tight spot without user have to click button.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

— Add Tesla Supercharger locations with a Magic Dock on the Navigation app’s charger filters as searchable charging stations

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

— Add “Car Wash” Mode
* Close all windows
* Turn off charge door sensor
* Door handles flush in
* Parking sensor muted
* Auto wiper off
* proximity key temporary off

Last edited:
FEATURE SUGGESTION:

—- Ability to replicate HomeLink buttons from one user profile to another or just share “common” HomeLink.

Why? It is tedious to reprogram HomeLink for each new user every time, other brands EV just replicate same HomeLink.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

—- Ability to replicate HomeLink buttons from one user profile to another or just share “common” HomeLink.

Why? It is tedious to reprogram HomeLink for each new user every time, other brands EV just replicate same HomeLink.
It should be shared profile IMO.

I feel Rivian programmers are also reading this thread. They recently updated some of their features actually suggested in this thread.

Mmmmm…. 🤔

I wonder if they updated it for the newer cars? My Lucid water bottle fits in my Pure's cupholders
Same with my Touring which I received end Dec 2022. So, either the cup holder in the Touring is larger or the Lucid water bottle is a bit smaller.

I don't understand the complaints over the cupholders. They are a snug fit but I haven't had any issues fitting drinks in my Pure's cupholders. The Lucid water bottle that came complimentary fits perfectly.
Stanley also makes a 20-oz car mug that fits great and doesn't leak.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

Is there a place on the app to see the current software version of the car? That would be useful. I only see the app version.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

Is there a place on the app to see the current software version of the car? That would be useful. I only see the app version.
No. And people have been requesting this since day 1. Lucid has been informed via Customer Service requests, but you should make a request yourself too.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

V2V (Vehicle-to-Vehicle) EVSE
V2L (Vehicle-to-Load) Adapter

- Since Lucid has bi-directional capability, please release V2V EVSE interface convertor to allow owner to give other stranded EV juice like how ICE car is being fueled with canister. Also release V2L interface, so can take Lucid Air camping and run some home appliance.

A067F9BD-1573-4B97-BE9C-2A0330518871.jpeg
61B3A245-20DA-4E32-9AA3-22A880A10EF5.jpeg

V2V (Vehicle-to-Vehicle) EVSE
V2L (Vehicle-to-Load) Adapter
The Lucid already has these capabilities. There is a demo of the Vehicle to Vehicle charging in this tech talk - we just need to get this cable....

The Lucid already has these capabilities. There is a demo of the Vehicle to Vehicle charging in this tech talk - we just need to get this cable....
Hopefully the adapter won't be crazy expensive when it eventually comes out.

Yes, so is Hyundai Motors. And they already have V2L and V2V interface released.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

Ability to save any Navigation destination to “Favorite” addresses. Currently can only save to “Home” or “Work” address.
71EEA998-5527-40CB-98EC-E624D14BD627.jpeg

FEATURE SUGGESTION:

- Have Roomy & Easy Entry and Exit setting. (Comfort & convenience feature)

Driver’s seat scoot back and lower support for easy entry, and steering column move forward to make room. Driver should have ability to configure this position and save it and have this setting to turn this feature on/off in settings menu.

Whenever driver leave the car, car will go to easy position before sleeping. Whenever driver enters the car, profile scan or stepping on brake will bring back driver normal setting.

21CFB602-B8EB-46E3-B456-DD2DA15D24AF.jpeg

(This is Rivian’s feature for reference)

Back