• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Feedback/improvements for the Air!

FEATURE REQUEST:
- Allow mobile app to manage and assign each car entry device to associate each driver profile

B57E1D6B-57A7-438D-960D-360D3C533452.jpeg

(Rivian version of mobile app - Car owner can manage driver list and assign serialized fob to link to different driver and manage each driver entry access)

FEATURE REQUEST:
- In mobile app, allow Air owner to grant entry access to new driver by sending an activation link via SMS text from phone contact or to an email. (Air owner can also revoke privilege later)

9EB7D7FE-DDF1-4E67-B29D-0A0266D20641.png

(Rivian version for reference)

FEATURE REQUEST:
- Make a rich info of instrument cluster and let driver choose how instrument cluster style is rendered just like currently by pressing Dream Drive button get a HA view.

On detail screen info add the following data in gauges
- 12V One battery level
- 12 V Two battery level
- High Voltage battery temperature
- High Voltage SOC
- Altitude
- Air filter info
- Cellular strength and provider name
- Windshield wiper fluid (if there is guage)
- Battery coolant level
Etc etc

(Good for nerds)

FEATURE REQUEST:
- Allow mobile app to manage and assign each car entry device to associate each driver profile

View attachment 11575
(Rivian version of mobile app - Car owner can manage driver list and assign serialized fob to link to different driver and manage each driver entry access)
I know I've said this before, but in addition to managing driver access items, it'd be REALLY nice if the Garage/Gates would also be managed (or "assigned") to drivers .. [or, at least make them persistent!! .. I spent 30 minutes today parked in front of the neighborhood gate running in and out of the car for each of the 4 driver profiles .. after that, I didn't really feel like repeating the feat for the 3 garage door openers .. will have to do at a later date )

Because they can't. The motors are permanently magnetized and don't have a clutch to disengage them from the wheels.
No, not the other thing the other user suggested. I just mean a hypermile mode in general. Show how much power is being used. Suggest turning AC or HVAC off, cap acceleration with warnings before hand and basically DO all of the work for the user on maximizing range

I know I've said this before, but in addition to managing driver access items, it'd be REALLY nice if the Garage/Gates would also be managed (or "assigned") to drivers .. [or, at least make them persistent!! .. I spent 30 minutes today parked in front of the neighborhood gate running in and out of the car for each of the 4 driver profiles .. after that, I didn't really feel like repeating the feat for the 3 garage door openers .. will have to do at a later date )
This one, sadly, most likely isn’t going to happen. They built it in as an encrypted piece of data within the AAOS profile, which makes it not shareable across profiles within AAOS.

They *could* rework it, but it would mean likely rewriting it, losing some security, and fixing a problem that people generally only have once (when they get the car).

I’d be surprised if this one is high on their list 🤷‍♂️ but I could be wrong!

How about including a spare tire since their roadside assistance is so bad. I would have preferred to change my own tire instead of waiting 2 1/2 hours on the side of the highway waiting to get towed off the road.

This one, sadly, most likely isn’t going to happen. They built it in as an encrypted piece of data within the AAOS profile, which makes it not shareable across profiles within AAOS.

They *could* rework it, but it would mean likely rewriting it, losing some security, and fixing a problem that people generally only have once (when they get the car).

I’d be surprised if this one is high on their list 🤷‍♂️ but I could be wrong!

5F778E6F-3410-4044-B954-8526E14E4ECE.jpeg

(Rivian save garage door icon as top menu and can add many garages)

What if Lucid just have common access for all profile instead granting or replicating sharing access of Home-Link? Just have it saved in location in menu like at Massage/Charging top menu on pilot panel where all users can conveniently access?

View attachment 11595
(Rivian save garage door icon as top menu and can add many garages)

What if Lucid just have common access for all profile instead granting or replicating sharing access of Home-Link? Just have it saved in location in menu like at Massage/Charging top menu on pilot panel where all users can conveniently access?
They would have to do another complete rewrite of their software because that issue is embedded in AAOS.

They would have to do another complete rewrite of their software because that issue is embedded in AAOS.
I honestly don’t think it’s would be too difficult. But they do need to modify some access architecture. Lucid is intuitive, but not necessary convenient to access and flexible to program connections where I found Rivian is very fast and smooth. It will take time for Lucid to make it happen; apparently, they have hired many Apple top minds last few months.

I honestly don’t think it’s would be too difficult. But they do need to modify some access architecture. Lucid is intuitive, but not necessary convenient to access and flexible to program connections where I found Rivian is very fast and smooth. It will take time for Lucid to make it happen; apparently, they have hired many Apple top minds last few months.
I'm sure the software guys here would beg to differ 🤣

FEATURE REQUEST:
Show And Tell Mode

- Trunk and Frunk can be open and “stay open”until mode is turned off (when mode is on, frunk and trunk cannot be closed)
- All exterior and internal lights are on.
- Car won’t go to sleep as standard default 2 minutes. (It will be on until mode is turned off)
- Instrument cluster, cockpit screens and pilot panel are always on as car doesn’t go to sleep.
- Glove Compartment is “LOCKED” and need same pre-assigned code to unlock car with valet key to open.
- To turn on this mode in buried vehicle settings menu.

(Why? Leave vehicle on for demo. Inspired by Earty Electric Day, and also just found out Rivian already has this mode for their owners to showcase their truck/SUV for marketing purpose.)

Last edited:
FEATURE REQUEST:
Display Regenerative Braking Reduction “caution warning light” (Rabbit Mode) on instrument cluster

- For safety reminder.
- Not many new EV owners are knowledge savvy of electric powertrain, Lucid Air has many first time EV owner.
- Turtle Mode is there to show reduced electrons output from battery, why not inversely making a Rabbit Mode for reduced electrons retraction?
- Is it first 7 ~ 8%, regenerative braking affected the most?
- Safety, Safety, Safety reminder!

DFA2E1C7-C2C6-4E40-AEE7-976121A7A2B9.jpeg

FEATURE REQUEST:
Display Regenerative Braking Reduction “caution warning light” (Rabbit Mode) on instrument cluster

- For safety reminder.
- Not many new EV owners are knowledge savvy of electric powertrain, Lucid Air has many first time EV owner.
- Turtle Mode is there to show reduced electrons output from battery, why not inversely making a Rabbit Mode for reduced electrons retraction?
- Is it first 7 ~ 8%, regenerative braking affected the most?
- Safety, Safety, Safety reminder!

View attachment 11853
Perhaps they could find a better name than rabbit mode

How about the Air logo flashing or changing to red when the brake light is on?
Don‘t know how difficult or if it’s even technically feasible, but that feature would add a practical value to the space.

Last edited:
How about the Air logo flashing or changing to red when the brake light is on?
Don‘t know how difficult or if it’s even technically feasible, but that feature would add a practical value to the space.
I think if my car flashed something red on the screen I’d think something was wrong. Just out of curiosity, why does no one trust that the brake lights are coming on? ICE cars have no indicator of this, everyone just trusted it all these years….

I think if my car flashed something red on the screen I’d think something was wrong. Just out of curiosity, why does no one trust that the brake lights are coming on? ICE cars have no indicator of this, everyone just trusted it all these years….
I’m not 100% certain that the brake light comes on the moment regen braking starts.

Back