Feedback/improvements for the Air!

I received delivery of a Pure 4 weeks ago and while it's a fine car and fun to drive, I have two complaints. The first issue is the seal around the driver side and front passenger windows isn't tight so the sound of air infiltrating into the car is audible and annoying. Repair tech came to remedy the problem by stuffing compressible foam under rubber gasket surrounding perimeter of door opening, but the problem persists.

Second issue is when closing the doors, I have to slam with force, otherwise it won't close. It's no different than my father's '60's Pontiac. Cars that I've owned in the past include BMW, Saab and Lexus and those cars had a pleasant "thump" sound when doors were closed. Such is not the case with the Pure. Very disappointing.

I received delivery of a Pure 4 weeks ago and while it's a fine car and fun to drive, I have two complaints. The first issue is the seal around the driver side and front passenger windows isn't tight so the sound of air infiltrating into the car is audible and annoying. Repair tech came to remedy the problem by stuffing compressible foam under rubber gasket surrounding perimeter of door opening, but the problem persists.

Second issue is when closing the doors, I have to slam with force, otherwise it won't close. It's no different than my father's '60's Pontiac. Cars that I've owned in the past include BMW, Saab and Lexus and those cars had a pleasant "thump" sound when doors were closed. Such is not the case with the Pure. Very disappointing.

For your first problem, try a fix that our local mobile tech, Frank in San Diego County, taught @Bobby and me: you’ll need a partner to do this. Have your helper pull UP on the window lift switch, and have him keep pulling up. You, in the meantime will take both your hands, and push UP, on both sides of the window pane. Do this for several seconds. Let go, and have your partner release the window lift switch. What you’re doing is “training” the window to seat itself farther up into the seal, at the top of its travel. I hope this works.

For your second problem, I have no solution except to hie thee to your nearest audio installer, and have them install dynamat or similar material in all your door panels. Seriously, that’s all it is. That’s all Mercedes Benz have ever done to their cars, to get that satisfying, bank-vault-closing, “WHOOMP” sound.

I actually just think it's longer than what I'm used to in a sedan, and so it's not the turning radius that's not good enough, it's that I need enough space for the turn to completely straighten out.

It took me a month or 2 in order to really get used to how long the body is to be perfectly straight in a parking stall every time. But I'm coming from a history of compact sedans.
My husband's car before was a Jag, the xjl, which was 2 inches longer and had no problem turning right into the garage without any correction.

Enter car. Fold in side mirrors. Do not lock until car reaches 5 mph. Back out of garage at < 5 mph. Stop , car still unlocked, let passengers in car. Drive away. Lock car when it reaches 5 mph. Also fold out mirrors at 5 mph.
That just isn't right.

My husband's car before was a Jag, the xjl, which was 2 inches longer and had no problem turning right into the garage without any correction.
According to Google, the turning radius of the XJL is 21.16’ and the Lucid Air is 19.52’.

With many cars you can adjust navigation voice volume while the nav voice is playing. You just have to catch it while it's playing. Does this not work on the Lucid?
No! It lowers the volume of the music when you only want the Navigation volume lowered.

I guess I’ll put this out there with Ford’s recent announcement,

The ability to change at full speeds using an NACS cable.

Great list. I have a couple to add:
1. Allow map and driving directions on lower screen and radio on upper screen.
2. Keep seat cooling on when left on. Or make it part of the driver profiles. Seat cooling currently has to be started every time I get in the car.
3. Provide a mode to minimize vampire losses. Perhaps limit to 1-2 miles per day.
4. Add Android auto. Android is about 65% market share world wide...
5. Adjustment for lane keep to better center the car in the lane. My car seems to track very close to the right when I am in the left lane.

THANKS and keep up the great work on this list!

There is a config switch to tell the Air whether to display %battery or remaining range on the dashboard.
However, when navigating to a location the dashboard only displays the estimated range at end of the trip, rather than obeying this existing switch.
If the switch is in %battery mode, then the expected battery charge at end of trip should be displayed rather than the estimated range (which is a very bogus and useless number that seems to be predicated upon the EPA estimate rather than actual performance).

The Air display of values such as the vehicle speed (as well as other values such as the display of a sensed vehicle in ACC, indication of ACC vs "override", etc) is subject to "flickering" when sensing/reading values which are right on the edge of change (e.g. the least significant digit in the vehicle speed will flash rapidly between two values, at times just becoming a blur... e.g. 8 vs 9, etc).
The software functions to display these values should be altered to avoid this flickering effect when at the boundary between two display values.

The displays of distance need to use a single stable constant precision for their display. For instance, when displaying a trip distance on the dash board (and distances in navigation displays) when the displayed value normally uses a precision of 0.1 then it is distracting (and thus dangerous) to make the driver have to look closely to see of the displayed value has no embedded "." to decide if that value just happens to have no tenths to display...
i.e. display ###.0 rather than ### (which might otherwise be seen/interpreted as ##.# if not closely examined by the driver... distracting them from... driving)
This makes for an easier (and thus safer) driver experience, as there is no need to squint to see if there is a "." or not.
Consistency in display of a value in a display field!

This seems like it would be a very simple thing to implement, but being able to use the steering wheel arrow keys to toggle between “favorite” radio stations would be really nice. It essentially adds the ability to toggle between preset radio stations on older cars. I feel like it didn’t see this on the Mega-poll wishlist.
I agree!! being able to use the steering wheel arrow keys to toggle between “favorite” radio stations would be really nice. It essentially adds the ability to toggle between preset radio stations on older cars.
This seems like too simple... As every car I have ever been in has this going back decades... Please add this feature!

And the s22 and s22+ do not fit, so...
I have s23 ultra and the wife has a S21 Ultra... U need to pull out the holder a little as it is snug on purpose I believe so the cell doesn't move around.

What are your thoughts on when Android auto coming to our cars?
Any thoughts?
Thanks
LL

Great topic!

Could the OP be updated to reflect the issues that were already addressed by OTA updates vs those still pending. e.g. I know the easy entry feature is already added (although too slow for the exit part)

That would be super helpful to a prospective buyer like myself.

Great topic!

Could the OP be updated to reflect the issues that were already addressed by OTA updates vs those still pending. e.g. I know the easy entry feature is already added (although too slow for the exit part)

That would be super helpful to a prospective buyer like myself.
Visit www.lucidupdates.com for a consolidated list based on forum posts.

Visit www.lucidupdates.com for a consolidated list based on forum posts.
Thank you @Bobby for a great companion website. I see a list of remaining issues. Is there a hidden list somewhere of "resolved" feature requests? Trying to avoid looking dumb with unnecessary threads , and it would really showcase how much Lucid software has matured.

For example, using the USB port for data was a frequent request in threads. I could not find through search if it got resolved or not.

Again, many thanks to you and all the mods

Thank you @Bobby for a great companion website. I see a list of remaining issues. Is there a hidden list somewhere of "resolved" feature requests? Trying to avoid looking dumb with unnecessary threads , and it would really showcase how much Lucid software has matured.

For example, using the USB port for data was a frequent request in threads. I could not find through search if it got resolved or not.

I'll work on changing the list later today.

Thanks for this idea - I agree it’d be good to show the progress and additional maturity.

Back