Feedback/improvements for the Air!

As an OTA?
I have no idea how it can be done, all I know is that when I'm pulling into my driveway or making a sharp u-turn, I can't do it with one turn. First, I thought it was drivers error, but my husband complains about it too. 😜

I have no idea how it can be done, all I know is that when I'm pulling into my driveway or making a sharp u-turn, I can't do it with one turn. First, I thought it was drivers error, but my husband complains about it too. 😜
It’s a big car.

It’s a big car.
I actually just think it's longer than what I'm used to in a sedan, and so it's not the turning radius that's not good enough, it's that I need enough space for the turn to completely straighten out.

It took me a month or 2 in order to really get used to how long the body is to be perfectly straight in a parking stall every time. But I'm coming from a history of compact sedans.

The auto door locks should not engage until 5 mph.
Because... If you change your mind and wanna grab your forgotten phone from kitten's countertop and you think your are very quick, why to stop the car. I get it .

Because... If you change your mind and wanna grab your forgotten phone from kitten's countertop and you think your are very quick, why to stop the car. I get it .
Because I have a tight garage. Must backout before any passengers can get it. Then I have to unlock car for them to enter. Not worried about being thrown out of the car while backing out of the garage.

We are finding that when charging completes, the information the car displays about the charging session disappears from the screen too quickly. It would be very nice if the pilot panel charging screen had all of this information about the "last charging session" (no matter how long ago it was, i.e. surviving car power cycles, etc). Information of interest includes (but is not necessarily limited to):
- date/time of the end of the session
- duration of the session
- kw received
- SOC at the start & end of the session
- miles traveled and kw consumed on the previous charge
- outside temp at start of last charge
- minutes of preconditioning prior to starting the charge
- max kw received during last charge
- car's lifetime odometer (to at least 0.1 precision, better yet 0.01... which really needs to be fixed elsewhere where the odo is displayed) at the start of the session
The charging history in the app should include all charging sessions not just EA.

Because I have a tight garage. Must backout before any passengers can get it. Then I have to unlock car for them to enter. Not worried about being thrown out of the car while backing out of the garage.
All the things you described, I'm assuming you wanna do when the car is in a P mode?
And all of this, up to 5mph? Kids inside? Ouch...

I actually just think it's longer than what I'm used to in a sedan, and so it's not the turning radius that's not good enough, it's that I need enough space for the turn to completely straighten out.

It took me a month or 2 in order to really get used to how long the body is to be perfectly straight in a parking stall every time. But I'm coming from a history of compact sedans.
I was the same way with the first larger car I had. I've driven compacts my whole life, even had a MG Midget for a while. Then I got a Clarity in 2018, which is a mid-size sedan., about as long as the Air but a few inches narrower. It took me months to park that thing in one turn. I'm still really using the cameras a lot when I'm parking the Air.

Here is my MAJOR complaint with Lucid.
Take a look at the pic. Why does the Lucid attract so many bugs?
Unexeptable.

PS, wait till some assholish journalist quotes my post .

Attachments

• 20230521_165530.jpg
    20230521_165530.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 116
Unexeptable.

Because its so silent they don't hear it till it's too late to get out of the way.

TBH, Lucid should check out the Tesla and Rivian apps (and others) and implement the best features of each. The App is pretty lacking at this point.

Agreed. The Lucid in its current guise is a pretty rough, almost rudimentary afterthought, compared to the phone app of another EV maker I’m intimately familiar with. It’s as if, after throwing all their limited resources on software updates for our cars, Lucid had no one left to work on improving the app.

All the things you described, I'm assuming you wanna do when the car is in a P mode?
And all of this, up to 5mph? Kids inside? Ouch...
Enter car. Fold in side mirrors. Do not lock until car reaches 5 mph. Back out of garage at < 5 mph. Stop , car still unlocked, let passengers in car. Drive away. Lock car when it reaches 5 mph. Also fold out mirrors at 5 mph.

I hate to interject the ongoing 5mph thing, but this does not seem reasonable. There are folks with children (including myself). Locked doors are a must when the vehicle is in motion.

Folded mirrors. Another one that seems overly specialized. Parking garages, shopping centers, and any other innumerable amount of places the default preference would be the 360 view with cameras out. Note: fold mirrors is on the main screen.

Now for a feature request. Let me scroll through playlists in Tidal. Please. Please. Pretty please. I'll even take a search function isolated to a specific playlist. It's just so... inconvenient as is. Add a Like/Add to Playlist to the list as well.

I would even opt in to control the Tidal native app via a phone. I don't mean current Bluetooth functionality. I mean have whatever playing/done in the app reflected in the car when on and Bluetooth connection established. This may be harder to do. I don't know.

I hate to interject the ongoing 5mph thing, but this does not seem reasonable. There are folks with children (including myself). Locked doors are a must when the vehicle is in motion.

Folded mirrors. Another one that seems overly specialized. Parking garages, shopping centers, and any other innumerable amount of places the default preference would be the 360 view with cameras out. Note: fold mirrors is on the main screen.

Now for a feature request. Let me scroll through playlists in Tidal. Please. Please. Pretty please. I'll even take a search function isolated to a specific playlist. It's just so... inconvenient as is. Add a Like/Add to Playlist to the list as well.

I would even opt in to control the Tidal native app via a phone. I don't mean current Bluetooth functionality. I mean have whatever playing/done in the app reflected in the car when on and Bluetooth connection established. This may be harder to do. I don't know.
Regarding being able to scroll through your PlayList in Tidal, that function does exist. Just pull the screen down to the Pilot Panel and click the icon on the upper right and the Playlist shows up in detail. Then you can scroll through it to whatever song you want and click it.

Enable a Teen Driving mode, should be able to create a Teen driving profile which limits the max speed and acceleration, audio volume, no phone or text via bluetooth.

Unexeptable.

According to my research more bugs prefer to meet their end on the front of a Lucid than any other EV because it is the best EV.

Back