It was a great six months!

Canyonero!

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid, Rivian, Genesis GV
Sold my Air Touring on Cars & Bids and just turned it over to the new owner yesterday.

I have nothing bad to say about the car. The depreciation was a little steep, but that's life.

It has been a pleasure driving it for these past six months. Now I am moving on to my Rivian phase, which should last a little longer, lol.

Might be back when the Gravity is out. Well see how it goes with the GV-60. My wife is happy with it so far, but I'm annoyed that Genesis is not letting all their dealerships service EVs.

Sold my Air Touring on Cars & Bids and just turned it over to the new owner yesterday.

I have nothing bad to say about the car. The depreciation was a little steep, but that's life.

It has been a pleasure driving it for these past six months. Now I am moving on to my Rivian phase, which should last a little longer, lol.

Might be back when the Gravity is out. We’ll see how it goes with the GV-60. My wife is happy with it so far, but I'm annoyed that Genesis is not letting all their dealerships service EVs.
Sorry to see you go. You will enjoy your Rivian experience. Everything is totally dialed in and the monthly OTAs are mind blowing. Nothing drives like a Lucid, but if you are getting a Rivian, then clearly your priority isn’t getting something that drives like the best four door sports car available.

Our R1S is the workhorse of our family and it is perfect for our needs. Once the software bugs are worked out in my GT, I will have achieved near EV bliss by owning both.

Sorry to see you go, hope you come back after Gravity is unveiled in 2 weeks!

I was tracking your auction - great pictures and interaction with bidders. I’m sure the new owner will be delighted with the car.

Hope to see you back here!

Might be back when the Gravity is out. Well see how it goes with the GV-60. My wife is happy with it so far, but I'm annoyed that Genesis is not letting all their dealerships service EVs.
Yes, Genesis service is a hot mess. When I had my G80 EV the Genesis forum was filled with horror stories. Fortunately I didn’t need any service while I had it, because my local Genesis dealer also had numerous horror stories surrounding its service.

@Canyonero! Sounds like you were happy with Cars & Bids?
I have no plans to sell my car - just curious what you thought about the experience.

I have both. Build quality on Rivian is excellent, and more importantly day to day interactions with the car via the software is flawless and UI is impeccable (not just despite being a new manufacturer, but I think it beats out even established luxury brands like BMW, Audi, MB, etc in terms of usability). I don't like the harshness of the ride though it's much improved with the last update and likely will get better. You will love it. I kinda sorta forced my wife to sell her XC90 she was happy with and stuck the Rivian onto her because I wanted a sedan but couldn't part with the Rivian (even if I could've made 10K profit selling it, after the tax refund, despite sales tax). She's loving it now :p

Give me the Lucid ride and Rivian software and it'd be car heaven. (oh, and Rivian sound quality is great - I don't have SS Pro and it sucks :p)

I have both. Build quality on Rivian is excellent, and more importantly day to day interactions with the car via the software is flawless and UI is impeccable (not just despite being a new manufacturer, but I think it beats out even established luxury brands like BMW, Audi, MB, etc in terms of usability). I don't like the harshness of the ride though it's much improved with the last update and likely will get better. You will love it. I kinda sorta forced my wife to sell her XC90 she was happy with and stuck the Rivian onto her because I wanted a sedan but couldn't part with the Rivian (even if I could've made 10K profit selling it, after the tax refund, despite sales tax). She's loving it now :p

Give me the Lucid ride and Rivian software and it'd be car heaven. (oh, and Rivian sound quality is great - I don't have SS Pro and it sucks :p)
Software can always be improved, ride cannot. Every time I drive my Lucid, it brings a smile. Even after a year of ownership. For me ride is more important.

Enjoy your Rivian!

Back