USB-C PD is designed to bi-directional. Has anyone been able to charge their Lucid via the USB-C port?

It might the most impractical idea ever, but I'm annoyed that it doesn't work.
So... 100W max USB-C PD rate as the standard when the Air was released to production, 112kWh battery, accounting for losses and vampire drain... carry the 2... You could charge the car in a very reasonable 4-8 months, assuming you didn't ever check on it or wake it up. Not bad!

So... 100W max USB-C PD rate as the standard when the Air was released to production, 112kWh battery, accounting for losses and vampire drain... carry the 2... You could charge the car in a very reasonable 4-8 months, assuming you didn't ever check on it or wake it up. Not bad!
Really, you could charge up your 12V battery. Jump start via USB-C. If only there were a port on the outside, that might almost sound useful.

I can’t believe I dropped 100k for a vehicle that’s is missing this feature 😂

Really, you could charge up your 12V battery. Jump start via USB-C. If only there were a port on the outside, that might almost sound useful.
Kidding aside, agreed, that could be a useful yet rare case. But I'm pretty sure the ancillary 12V systems in the car pull more than USB-C PD spec allows. Best case PD today is 240W. There would have to be a serious rethink of the power management in the 12V systems to make this feasible.

Last edited:
Leave it to the insanely smart people on this forum to come up with a genuinely useful feature from a random thought… 🤣

But don’t forget, if Lucid somehow ends up being bought by Apple, the max charging rate will be 25W, take it or leave it!

Kidding aside, agreed, that would be useful. But I'm pretty sure the ancillary 12V systems in the car pull more than USB-C PD spec allows. Best case PD today is 240W. There would have to be a serious rethink of the power management in the 12V systems to make this feasible.
Well, its an 12v 18ah battery, so it should have a capacity of 216 W.. it COULD be a genuinely useful feature in terms of jump-starting! But yes, there would need to be a significant overhaul to make this possible and also safety concerns that need to be thought about.

Back