Update 2.1.18

The update seems pretty ‘meh’. You’re not really missing anything substantive from what I can tell.
Does it fix audio being cut off when you get in the car 🚗 that’s biggest thing I been looking for and more stable apple car play connection

Does it fix audio being cut off when you get in the car 🚗 that’s biggest thing I been looking for and more stable apple car play connection
I use Spotify exclusively and I feel the audio works well after the update

I use Spotify exclusively and I feel the audio works well after the update
The description just says it fixes the Spotify not playing after Navigation. I tried it out with TIdal and Sirius today, and both work well too.

I had it for a few days but didn’t notice any differences in the operation…

I haven’t noticed anything pro or con since instal 3 days ago. I don’t use Spotify so that’s a moot point. I’m just happy to know that Lucid is incrementally improving my car. I wonder what on everyone’s wishlist will show up over the next 6 months.

I haven’t noticed anything pro or con since instal 3 days ago. I don’t use Spotify so that’s a moot point. I’m just happy to know that Lucid is incrementally improving my car. I wonder what on everyone’s wishlist will show up over the next 6 months.
Apple is having their big event on Thursday. I’m going out on a limb to predict that they are rolling out their new CarPlay and Lucid is going to integrate it by end of the year. It’s the only explanation I can come up with as to why they are not fixing the new CarPlay bugs. We will see how this post ages. 😎

Just finished installing and, like a couple of others noted, the installation hung at 41% for quite some time before then finishing very quickly.

Apple is having their big event on Thursday. I’m going out on a limb to predict that they are rolling out their new CarPlay and Lucid is going to integrate it by end of the year. It’s the only explanation I can come up with as to why they are not fixing the new CarPlay bugs. We will see how this post ages. 😎
The event is next Tuesday. And no.

And you know this because you have inside info or that is your opinion?

I've been following Apple's event schedule since the late 80s. No insider birdies are necessary for this one.

The September Apple event is always almost exclusively about iPhone and Apple Watch. They do not cover other topics, as it detracts from the press message. They want 100% of the coverage to be about the new devices.

If they talk about CarPlay at an event at all in the near future, it'll be in October or November, if they even decide to have a later fall event this year. That one would usually cover new Macs or iPads. So even then, CarPlay would rank low on the list of priorities.

First cars with CarPlay 2 have been scheduled to hit the market "late" this year. Which, in Apple parlance, usually means December. If they mention those shipments at all, it will likely be in a simple press release.

I honestly don't see Apple flying people into Cupertino to talk about anything as low priority as CarPlay at this point. Especially when there's nothing new to announce, except to say "Hey, remember that thing we talked about a year ago? It's shipping now."

And Apple would not share the stage with Lucid for any reason at this point. Lucid would be lucky to get their logo amongst a dozen other brands on a single slide in an Apple presentation.

I've been following Apple's event schedule since the late 80s. No insider birdies are necessary for this one.

The September Apple event is always almost exclusively about iPhone and Apple Watch. They do not cover other topics, as it detracts from the press message. They want 100% of the coverage to be about the new devices.

If they talk about CarPlay at an event at all in the near future, it'll be in October or November, if they even decide to have a later fall event this year. That one would usually cover new Macs or iPads. So even then, CarPlay would rank low on the list of priorities.

First cars with CarPlay 2 have been scheduled to hit the market "late" this year. Which, in Apple parlance, usually means December. If they mention those shipments at all, it will likely be in a simple press release.

I honestly don't see Apple flying people into Cupertino to talk about anything as low priority as CarPlay at this point. Especially when there's nothing new to announce, except to say "Hey, remember that thing we talked about a year ago? It's shipping now."

And Apple would not share the stage with Lucid for any reason at this point. Lucid would be lucky to get their logo amongst a dozen other brands on a single slide in an Apple presentation.
Excellent insight, thanks! Ok, no CarPlay 2 this year then.

Also I thought signet surge happened before 22%?
Irrespective of the charge %, I have always observed signet surge every single charging session at two instances - 1) in the beginning of charging session 2)15/20 min into charge once you've reached 50/60% of charge.

In addition to what has already been said, carplay is a software feature and software features are reserved for WWDC which usually happens in June and they do not get much spotlight with their iPhone/Apple Watch event which is primarily hardware focused :)

Does not appear to fix this issue on my end. Still reproducible often when I have the charger plugged in overnight.

I just installed the update last night and am getting charging started/stopped notifications every hour. Definitely a bug or something along those lines. I have it set to charge to 60% and and it is plugged into the travel charger which is plugged into a 240v 50A 5-60 receptacle with an adapter.

I just installed the update last night and am getting charging started/stopped notifications every hour. Definitely a bug or something along those lines. I have it set to charge to 60% and and it is plugged into the travel charger which is plugged into a 240v 50A 5-60 receptacle with an adapter.
Try charging during the day. After an hour, pull the travel charger plug out of the 14-50 wall receptacle and feel its prongs. They should be warm, but not hot. If one of the prongs is warm enough that you're not comfortable holding your finger on it, call an electrician and have the receptacle replaced.

Back